Artyom's Mind: A Ross Scott inspired series.

Sign in to follow this  

Now, I know what you are all thinking. "Look at this one-post noob coming in here and advertising his content, kick his ass Ross." But seriously guys, I come from a good angle.

(Also, I basically grew up on Ross Scott, the guy was my fricking Childhood Idle and he inspired me to be creative and inspire to be a machinima-er)

So, although currently I am not the best script writer and believe me I am attempting to improve upon myself, I am currently attempting to recreate the genius of 'Freemans Mind' but within a more modern game called 'Metro: 2033'.

Metro: 2033 was previously a book that was later on developed into a well-adapted survival-horror game, then followed Metro: Last Light which too a more 'Action-Adventure' turn, but still held alot of its previous 'Survival-horror' elements, but adapted them to be more cinematic, then they Reduxed it, basically screwing up Metro: 2033 and making it into Last-Light with less of the former and more of the latter.

Anyway, in the game 'Artyom' (The main character) is dead-silent, even though people react to him as if he is talking and he also speaks on loading screens (Even though the voice actor is completely lackluster, in my opinion).

I love the lore, and the Metro series in general and have always wanted to make a sort of adaption to Ross's work on Freeman's Mind and was hoping that this series would be the one that give me the chance to push myself out there.

Currently, I have a testing video which gave the general feeling of how I would speak as the character and how he could react to the world around him, as you guys are probably the best people to ask, I was wondering if you could tell me how I could improve and what I should do for the first episode or whether the series should be mainly comedic or serious.

I will happily take ever piece of criticism and review it, being a smaller YouTuber gives me the chance to be able to easily reply to everyone.

(Subscribing and watching my other videos would not hurt either)

Anyway, without further a-do here is my video!

(And, Ross if you see this I love you, x)

3kfc5BYguM4

Isn't too bad, but way too much audio 'dead space'. Just voice a few things you would probly think if you were in that situation, every now and then. (silence kills the feeling that you're inside someone's head, unless the head you're in is that of someone in a coma)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'll apologize in advance because I'm afraid my response is, well, negative.

It's a little thing, but the fact you immediately called the lady character a bitch for no reason at all turned me off this. It was your first line, and it made me instantly dislike your character. Maybe I'm being oversensitive but the tone of your voice and the unwarranted machismo meant I couldn't really stomach the character for longer than five minutes. The guys dialogue wasn't great either, I got the impression you intended it to be neurotically funny but instead it made him sound like an unimaginative thug, the kind of guy who probably compensates for his deep-seated and confusing feelings towards other men with embarrassingly obvious masculinity. You probably aren't actually like this in real life, but I can't say I want to see anymore of this. Sorry man.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa