Red VS. Blue

Sign in to follow this  

I'd say although the effects are much improved this season that it is likely the worst one. Before this, all they did was stand around and talk but they still seemed to get more done than now. The extra video where Caboose goes into the campaign was very funny though.

I also only want to see Tucker's face to see if he is actually black. His first name is Lavernius after all.

I liked the Blood Gulch Chronicles, but I started getting confused as to where to go from there.

since this topic has almost exactly been idle for 3 years to the minute (well, ok, 40 minutes off), im gonna bump it.

How many of you liked Chorus triology? Season 13 was best one to date- and Felix one of best villains IMHO

so.. how many of you still watch it?

edit! oops- guess i was still living in 2014 XD i meant 4 years of course

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Actually, 4 years :P

I watched it but stopped at Reconstruction. I do plan on getting back into it, though from what I've read here, perhaps it doesn't get any better than the Blood Gulch Chronicles.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Actually, 4 years :P

I watched it but stopped at Reconstruction. I do plan on getting back into it, though from what I've read here, perhaps it doesn't get any better than the Blood Gulch Chronicles.

i know :D i edited the post.

strongly disagreed on BGC being best tho. First 2-3 seasons of BGC was very grindy at times in first go.

Project Freelancer series is actually my favourite (well, bits of Freelancers anyways). True- humor did suffer a bit in Project Freelancer (though it had its good moments, mostly revolving around York, North and Wash), but story-wise it was considerable improvement, as well as action-wise (lot of credit in it goes to late Monty Oum). Also, you could argue that first half of season 11 wasnt that great, but rest of Chorus triology.. holy heck, especially season 13. 13 is definetly my favourite season with best humor and action and heck, even the story.

So yeah, newer seasons dont have so much standing around and talking anymore (though they do revert to that time to time), but more story, more random humor and more action

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

oh and i'd like to point out that during this thread hiatus, Red vs Blue became longest running american sci-fi show across all means of distribution and 2nd longest running sci-fi overall

oh and i'd like to point out that during this thread hiatus, Red vs Blue became longest running american sci-fi show across all means of distribution and 2nd longest running sci-fi overall

Disclaimer: None of this means it was the best, most popular, or had the most episodes, just that someone managed to keep making it for that long. (and since it requires almost no money to make, it reduces the significance of the achievement greatly)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Disclaimer: None of this means it was the best, most popular, or had the most episodes, just that someone managed to keep making it for that long. (and since it requires almost no money to make, it reduces the significance of the achievement greatly)

fine, i dare you to create sci fi series that lasts 12 years. Doesnt have to be good, doesnt have to have most episodes, can be short. Just do it with one continous plot.

Why are you getting so defensive? Can you honestly say that anything I said was at all untrue?

Why are you getting so defensive? Can you honestly say that anything I said was at all untrue?

actually yes- part where you said it cant be considered an achievement at least. I mean come on, whole damn reason Rooster Teeth exists as a company is because of that show, show that was their main selling point up until recent years, plus they have kept it interesting, evolving and getting new fanbase even despite the age of the show- not an easy task. As for number of episodes- granted, i dont know how many episodes some other sci fi series have, but RvB has about 20 episodes in average per season (not including PSA-s or miniseries), they just wrapped up 13th season, so they have just about 260 main episodes. Add about 30 or so miniseries episodes and from what i see, about 90 PSA-s..

You really need to reread what I posted, as I never said it wasn't an achievement. I merely mentioned that it's a lot easier to achieve when you don't have to spend $40,000 per episode. Since you were comparing it to network shows as well, you should bear in mind production cost differences as well as the audience impact of the show when stating just how significant an achievement it is. (I still have yet to meet anyone that isn't in my family, or on a sci-fi related site that has ever even heard about RvB, but I've never even heard of someone that doesn't know the basic storyline of Star Trek)