Source 2

Sign in to follow this  

Sorry if there is already a thread like this, i didn't know

When do you think Valve will release Source 2? I think 2014 would be a good year to do that

Also, people say that this is a Source 2 leaked picture:

source2_l4d2_shot2.jpg

I don't know if its real, but thats a L4D2 map in the Source 2 engine

What game should come out after Valve releases Source 2? Post your opinions below

It is actually an unmodified screenshot from Source 2 engine...

Honestly, I would like to see all the Valve games ported over, with very little preference as to which is first.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Nope. Nothing proof-wise about HL3, other than a lack of proof.

Well, Valve DOES make a new engine every time they make a new Half-Life game...

"Exits are supposed to be difficult to locate! Because GOD HELP YOU if someone exited your building by accident. Then, they'd have to come back in!"

"Roger, Roger. What's your Vector, Victor?

Okay, I'm just now getting back into mapping for the Source Engine, and one thing I'm hoping with Source 2 is that they'll give level designers the ability to have more than 2 channels per displacement. It's so fucking tedious to have to cut a brush every time you want a piece of terrain to have more than 2 textures. Most other modern AAA game development kits from games that feature large outdoor scenes allow the level artist to paint the terrain from a palette of different materials, but if Valve doesn't include a feature similar to this in the next version of Hammer (they've been using, more or less, the same fucking level design program that's been around for 20 YEARS for virtually all of their Source engine releases) I may as well migrate to a more intuitive level editor.

Now I've heard that they've changed a lot of stuff in the alleged "soft release" of Source 2 that came in the form of Dota 2 Workshop Tools and made some adjustments to Hammer for that, but since I have no desires to work with DOTA or the technical knowledge to make the tools workable for a mod with different basic mechanics than DOTA, it doesn't really serve any purposes for me.

100 percent average every time, all the time.

I reckon this is a significant factor for Episode 3 not being released.

My knowledge of Source 2 and game engines in general is next to zilch, but it would be nice if S2 was a complete rebuild from the bottom, y'know, doing away with the Tower of Gaffa Tape that Ross referenced in his fundraiser video.

Honestly, I would like to see all the Valve games ported over, with very little preference as to which is first.

Which would probably make porting over a real nightmare.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Source 2 engine completely free for content creators... That means Ross can get it free.

The next question people will probably ask now would be: what game will Valve release for Source 2? Or what game will Valve port over to Source 2 1st?

Welp, now what?

Easy, none. Eventually it'll have L4D & L4D2... (already seen screenshots of it)