What was your first Valve game?

That it? I had over 300 mods in my mod library, and even made a few dozen of my own... (mods of mods usually, and a few cheat mods, but some cool original stuff as well that I lost in my last move)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Half-Life 2 for the Xbox 360 version The Orange Box.

Though the first game I played that used the Source engine was Shoot Out (now renamed KumaWar WW2/Vietnam) by Kuma games when I was still in middle school.

I often forget there were console ports of the Orange Box. Pretty cool.

It looks horrible. It's also the easiest way to play TF2 as it was on release.

Half-Life 1 back when i was 2-4 YEARS OLD.It's also my VERY first game i ever played.And it's still glorius to this day. 8-)

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

I often forget there were console ports of the Orange Box. Pretty cool.

It looks horrible. It's also the easiest way to play TF2 as it was on release.

Let's just talk about the number of bugs in Vanilla TF2 on consoles dear god it's awful.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

First saw a friend playing Half Life.

Many years later, he let me have a shot at HL 2. I was awful at it.

Many years later again, Portal was free on Steam to celebrate the Mac release of Steam, so I made a Steam account just for that. So yeah, Portal, but I knew about Half Life way before then.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Half-Life 1 back when i was 2-4 YEARS OLD.It's also my VERY first game i ever played.And it's still glorius to this day. 8-)

I disagree. I find it very hard to go back into Half-Life 1 nowadays. At the time I played it, it was awesome for sure, but I don't feel it has aged as well as people say. I might play it again now and then but I find it near impossible to actually finish it... even Black Mesa I can't finish cause I just lose interest...

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

It's not as engaging as Half-Life 2, and more lonely. Which is probably why Freeman's Mind works so well - it breaks the silence. When I first started playing HL2, I was told that I don't really need to play HL1 first. Considering HL2 has a much more active plotline*, HL1 definitely feels like an origin story, as to how the Combine were able to invade Earth. It's good, but definitely of its time.

*For this reason, I'm unsure about a Freeman's Mind for HL2. I dunno how it would work during the dialogue scenes. Ross would probably make it work, somehow.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Well, my first Valve game was Team Fortress 2, although my personal favourite is definitely Half-Life.

Counter Strike 1.3. Saw my brother and cousins play that game on a PC as a kid. It was impressive because I never saw a PC game before that (I used to think video games are just for PlayStations and Gameboys at the time, and that the PC is for boring work stuff). I also used to call CS as Half Life: Counter Strike because HL was in that PC, but they never played it.

Welp, now what?

Half-Life on Playstation 2 was the first Valve game I ever played. I do remember watching my brother play a version of Counter-Strike before that, but I was personally never really interested in it until years later.

Half-Life 1, my brother's copy. I still remember holding the jewel case. IIRC, it was also the Goldsrc version, cause I remember being able to enter cheats (the only way I could handle playing M rated games as a kid) was a huge pain (for me), cause it wasn't as simple as pressing the tilde button, typing sv_cheats 1, and then god 1. I think you had to modify one of the files back then.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Half-Life 1, my brother's copy. I still remember holding the jewel case. IIRC, it was also the Goldsrc version, cause I remember being able to enter cheats (the only way I could handle playing M rated games as a kid) was a huge pain (for me), cause it wasn't as simple as pressing the tilde button, typing sv_cheats 1, and then god 1. I think you had to modify one of the files back then.

Definitely goldsrc, if it was a physical copy. They never made physical copies of HL1 source

the name's riley