Team Fortress 2

It's running perfectly fine for me. O_o

And that soldier at 0:24, I can't even make fun of him I do that all the time.

You can make fun of him all you want, he had a bill's and max head equipped on some of his classes.

the name's riley

-KrNoOIfj_I

I haven't played this game in so long and I may just start again with the new update (matchmaking, not unlike CSGO).

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I'm currently in the process of reinstalling TF2, I've been attempting to convince my husband to actively host a server so I wont have to play on Reddit infested pubs. They're honestly the real reason I've stopped playing for so long.

Slightly unrelated I've also been trying to get him to work on a RP server for Gmod.

I'm currently in the process of reinstalling TF2, I've been attempting to convince my husband to actively host a server so I wont have to play on Reddit infested pubs. They're honestly the real reason I've stopped playing for so long.

Slightly unrelated I've also been trying to get him to work on a RP server for Gmod.

*bfb scout comes by and kills you in like 20 chips*

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) get rekt m8 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) get destroyed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) you suck dick ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

the name's riley

I think I quit playing TF2 on February 18th 2012. Clocked up 196 hours since I bought on New Year's 2011.

I occasionally get an itch to reinstall and play it again, but I just don't think I can be bothered playing online multiplayer anymore, at least not without someone I know on the server.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I got a whopping 27.38 hours before I came to the conclusion that there are at least 2 hackers in every match, and they're real cry babies or idiot children with horrible attitudes and limited vocabularies if you ever kill them... I don't want to have to bother with that, which is why I made the private server, and why when nobody got on in a week, I decided to permanently uninstall TF2.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

vQXI7xwZ9ag

If anyone would like to pubstomp play a friendly game of TF2 some time and hasn't added me on Steam (or if I accidentally removed you during a profile purge), my Steam profile is here. I haven't played this game at all recently, and even less recently with any friends.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I got a whopping 27.38 hours before I came to the conclusion that there are at least 2 hackers in every match, and they're real cry babies or idiot children with horrible attitudes and limited vocabularies if you ever kill them... I don't want to have to bother with that, which is why I made the private server, and why when nobody got on in a week, I decided to permanently uninstall TF2.

Judging from this you probably have a really poor idea of this game's issues, and at 27.38 hours I'm going to assume those "hackers" you ran in to were simply better than you.

the name's riley

Judging from this you probably have a really poor idea of this game's issues, and at 27.38 hours I'm going to assume those "hackers" you ran in to were simply better than you.

Consider that I was watching snipers on my own team doing 180° no-scope rapid-fire snap kills, and heavies that were getting nothing but headshots... There is no way that was anything but hacks. Consider that I came here directly from a hack site, and know intimately what hackers do in-game. Consider that most hackers don't use aimbots, but merely hacks that allow them to know exactly where everyone is at all times. Consider that you are jumping to calling me a noob, when I probly have 10x more experience with this particular issue than you.

Also, any hours I accumulated before it went F2P are not shown, as something went wrong with my account around that time, and all my hours were wiped. (I purchased it in 2007 when I got the HL2 GotY pack)

I have nothing against better players, but when I see repeated use of something that is quite obviously a hack, I call it what it is. If a player actually has skill, they won't be an asshole for 10 minutes if someone comments on their play style looking very similar to that of a hacker.

My TF2 shame was playing on Premium servers for a while, not knowing what was meant by 'premium server'*.

They were full of bots that were broken (medics constantly firing their syringe guns), and people who had actually done the micro-payments and had homing rockets and multiple turrets etc. While I never did any of that**, I got a fair few of my achievements on those servers, which took considerably less skill to be good in. I got a 'Godlike' status by playing a heavy in a payload bottleneck and annihilated everyone who came my way - the whole team. Not once was I backstabbed when I really should have been.

Elsewhere I ran into some hackers: I think they were using a speedhack (can't remember now), but they would take the names of other users and regularly rotate in an attempt to avoid being kicked.

I managed to avoid Mic-screamers, but the chats were often aggressive.

All this, plus the repetitiveness, made me one day realise that I was no longer having fun, and that's why I played TF2 in the first place - the comedic, non-serious tone, and just enjoying oneself. But people can't help but be overly competitive, perpetually angry dicks.

*I played on those servers because there were always free slots. Strictly avoided them a while before I stopped playing.

**Having accumulated many many mysterious crates, I decided to try my hand at micro-payments, and bought four keys. Each one of them rewarded me with paint. PAINT. Lesson learned.

Consider that I was watching snipers on my own team doing 180° no-scope rapid-fire snap kills, and heavies that were getting nothing but headshots... There is no way that was anything but hacks. Consider that I came here directly from a hack site, and know intimately what hackers do in-game. Consider that most hackers don't use aimbots, but merely hacks that allow them to know exactly where everyone is at all times. Consider that you are jumping to calling me a noob, when I probly have 10x more experience with this particular issue than you.

Also, any hours I accumulated before it went F2P are not shown, as something went wrong with my account around that time, and all my hours were wiped. (I purchased it in 2007 when I got the HL2 GotY pack)

I have nothing against better players, but when I see repeated use of something that is quite obviously a hack, I call it what it is. If a player actually has skill, they won't be an asshole for 10 minutes if someone comments on their play style looking very similar to that of a hacker.

Everything you've just said I've experienced no more than about 10 times in 1500+ hours of gameplay. Either you're visiting the complete wrong servers or you're the most unlucky player I've ever met.

Though I would like to correct a few things, snipers cannot get headshots outside of scope. It registers as a regular shot to the body even when hitting the head. on top of that heavies can also not get headshots as spy and sniper are the only ones capable of getting guaranteed critical hits from shots to the head and spy needs a special weapon to do so.

As for players "knowing where you are at all times" when you play a map a lot, you tend to learn the favored paths most players take and in the case of say soldier or demo, fire a couple pot shots in it's direction in case. One thing I did back when I played was I'd take light mental notes about which sides of the map had team traffic as well as a few player names and if their names appeared on the killfeed or large number of allies get taken out I'd intercept that spot. More often than not I'd encounter the other team and get the jump on them.

Seriously, hackers are not even remotely as common as you say they are. And if for some reason they are, then they are still absolutely terrible at the game and I don't care.

Retired Forum Moderator

I can't even remember the last time I encountered a hack of any sort in this game (and I play on a fairly wide variety of servers). The rapid-succession noscopes do sound dubious, but as Rarity said, heavies are unable to headshot (unless you merely meant that they were constantly aiming at the head hitbox/model).

If a player actually has skill, they won't be an asshole for 10 minutes if someone comments on their play style looking very similar to that of a hacker.

Admittedly, I and many others get a little pompous or sarcastic whenever hackusations are hurled about. Politely asking the accusers to spectate the player in question usually results in them being ignored. I've found that hackers are likelier not to say anything at all, actually.

A recording would be far easier to critique, if you happen to have any.

TF2 has gone through countless updates and revisions. BTG bought it in 2007. When were you playing it, Rarity? I can't say much as I played from 2011-2012, but perhaps some of the things BTGs were fixed?

I also claim that I was on the wrong servers myself :P NighTeam servers, man, just had to look up their name to remember it.

I got the game in early-mid 2010 and had been playing it off and on until about early 2014.

Admittedly, I and many others get a little pompous or sarcastic whenever hackusations are hurled about. Politely asking the accusers to spectate the player in question usually results in them being ignored. I've found that hackers are likelier not to say anything at all, actually.

I can back that up. Hackusations are nothing short of downright insulting as it's a dismissal of any sort of skill or ability.

Retired Forum Moderator

See, apart from the private server for Accursed Farms, (and single player) I never played TF2 after 2009...

Wow, this sure blew up

Honestly, you lose credibility each time your finger touches the keyboard.

Claiming you've gotten headshot by heavies and unscoped snipers, claiming that in 30 hours you know how hackers in this game act, claiming you've played a lot more and had your hours wiped due to the uber update. Yes, I'm quick to calling you inexperienced because you are. You have a very poor understanding of the game's mechanics, you're quick to blame a lot of what you see in-game on hacks, and you claim to have more experience on the topic of hacking when you can't even pin down what the common hacker does or how the common hacker acts. In all my 1700 hours of TF2, I've seen a grand total of 4 hackers and all 4 of them were aimbotting heavies that said nothing throughout the whole game until they were eventually banned or until the server cleared out.

In fact, that "hacking" sniper you saw? I can explain what you saw, the default client interpolation rate is 1/10 of a second, the time between scoping in and being able to get a headshot is 1/20 of a second, plus BOTH clients' pings and rates are a factor to take in to account as well. TF2's default rates are slow as hell, actually. Your client simply didn't process the sniper scoping in as it happened and it's entirely possible that it happened so fast that your client didn't process it at all. And a 180 degree flick? Seeing what Powah and Taggerung can do, hell, seeing what DON can do, that doesn't surprise me.

the name's riley

I can testify to what Kitty says. If you want hackers, play CSGO. Hackers are so few and far between in tf2. Of the 5 I've ever experienced in about 1300 hours of TF2, they were aimbotting heavies and snipers that had all crits and speed hacks as well. And they would spam "GET GOOD! GET LMAOBOX!" in chat constantly. That's 99% of all hackers. If you claim someone's hacking and it's not 100% blatantly obvious to everybody else in the server that they are hacking, then you're probably being outplayed and need to fess up to the fact that you suck and try to improve.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

It's because hacking in TF2 is literally the least entertaining thing ever. It's funny after like 2 seconds but it only works on a few in-game classes because of how the game's mechanics work and it's really just too similar to an arena shooter for hacks to be useful. CS:GO opens itself up to that kinda shit because it's heavily aim oriented whereas TF2 is centered more around prediction and movement.

the name's riley