HTC hints at Half-life virtual reality video game

BBC: One of Valve's most famous games is the Half-life series, and I know there are millions and millions of gamers that are desperate for a new Half-life game to come out. Is the new Half-life going to be on the virtual-reality headset? Is that what Valve is going to do with this machine?

Cher Wang: I think Valve's best game is Dota, right, and Portal and [Team Fortress] and I think they are very keen to have them.

BBC: But how about Half-life - is that going to be on there?

Cher Wang: We are co-operating with Half-life, and I think... I hope, you know, it will be on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31692995

Well, I won't hold my breath yet, but... seriously, Dota's the best game??

Regards

P.S. Oh, and this:

Valve is expected to provide more details at its own presentation at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco.

The event has been scheduled for 15:00 local time on 3 March - the third month of the year - further fuelling chatter that Half Life 3 is indeed set to be confirmed.

That is something I've pondered about.

Would the gameplay style of Half-Life and Half-Life 2 be considered 'outdated' these days?

Would Half-Life 3 have to implement a new element of gameplay to make it a 'current' title, not just a continuation of something from 2007? I guess there would be some inevitable contrast because of the Source 2 engine.

For me, I'd be happy enough if it looked just like HL2 and finished the story arc.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

For me, I'd be happy enough if it looked just like HL2 and finished the story arc.

Same here. I just hope they won't make it into some kind of multiplayer-only abomination...

Regards

Urgh, if Valve go anywhere near Multiplayer with HL3...

...and they don't need to either. There's more than enough HL-derived multiplayer: almost every multiplayer game made by Valve is taken from elements of Half-Life.

If they want to do multiplayer, upgrade Half-Life 2 Deathmatch to include elements from HL3, breathe some new life into that game.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I wouldn't mind a MP version of HL3 if HL3 ends up being a lot more of an open world. Especially if it included a Battlefield-like unlock/customization system for weapons.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.