Black Mesa releases Xen screenshots

Sign in to follow this  

Happy Holidays!

The team remains, as always, hard at work on Xen! Currently our specific focus is on gameplay: crafting a fun and cohesive experience from start to finish. We want our version of Xen to feel like it really belongs with the rest of the game in terms of mechanics, cohesion and progression. But we also want to push the boundaries and explore this unique and varied setting; to build an experience that feels both fresh and familiar to players from all walks of Half-Life veterancy. While our Xen is certainly going to be gorgeous, we are first and foremost really committed to making sure that the gameplay works on every level.

To give a bit of an exciting tease into what we’re doing at the moment, and as our own little holiday gift to you lot, please enjoy our first ever publicly released screenshot of Xen!

We will have more media for the community in the coming months, as well as more detailed updates as to how we are progressing. Right now we are up against a tough deadline, but we are committed and excited to work towards it and to finally unveil the definitive Black Mesa experience for everyone to enjoy.

Be kind to each other out there, and again, have a happy holiday!

And here's the aforementioned pic

15675708_1387724254579713_7910544773992527570_o.jpg?oh=55a78d6058d7a726bc35920396807539&oe=58FD37DE

It's a long time coming, but it looks like we'll have the Xen levels in Black Mesa soon, I hope.

Welp, now what?

You and me both, the entire game in my case. I haven't played BM partly because i'm holding out until the Xen levels are released and mostly because my computer can't handle the game's specs.

Welp, now what?

It's really missing the feel of the original levels man. I mean I guess I can see the influences but it feels a lot more like those generic caves from episode 1 more then it reminds me in any way of Zen. Kind of sad really, but I hope it'll be fine when it finally comes out to the masses. Gotta hold out the hope.

The screenshot could just be one of the many caves that Xen has, I'm sure they're going to keep the open space vibe... probably.

"I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people who do." - Night In The Woods

We'll see once more pics come out. That pic alone could probably be from Interloper, after the 1st area.

Welp, now what?

Hey everyone. So, if you haven't heard, the game's done now. Out of beta and everything. I've only made it partway through the first Xen chapter, out of who knows how much more game there is afterward, and holy shit you guys. Those super-amazing screenshots really were just a teaser. They saved all the best stuff for the game itself.

Hide contents

MUTHAFRAKKIN HEV ZOMBIES

That is all.

On 12/29/2019 at 11:51 PM, Steve the Pocket said:

Hey everyone. So, if you haven't heard, the game's done now. Out of beta and everything. I've only made it partway through the first Xen chapter, out of who knows how much more game there is afterward, and holy shit you guys. Those super-amazing screenshots really were just a teaser. They saved all the best stuff for the game itself.

Reveal hidden contents

MUTHAFRAKKIN HEV ZOMBIES

That is all.

I honestly wish I could just move to that early Xen area, and build a house to live there... After the explodys and cthulhu dogs with colds are cleared out of course.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.