NOX

Sign in to follow this  

NOX

I'd give you a personal rundown, but I'm a man of few words. The lazy way to say it is it's similar to Diablo.

I'm also not sure how obscure NOX is... Seems like no one ever knows what I'm talking about though...

All the information on Moby Games is pretty cool, why have i never seen this site before?

Hell yeah, I've been wanting to play this one, but it's not compatible on XP (for me anyway). I'll have to wait until I get around to setting up a virtual machine to play it.

I heard something about it's development way back when... All the reviews when it came out said it wasn't as good as Diablo. I never played either of them. (not my style of game, I do almost anything else though)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

While Nox pretty much took a stab at being "like Diablo" i felt it was a much more enjoyable experience. The three separate campaigns for the three classes Warrior, Conjuror, and Wizard were a lot more fun than D2's item grind... even if that grind was much more addictive.

The online gameplay and patched in NoxQuest were a lot of fun too, it was a sad day when i realized Westwood went out of business...

Used to love watching my friend play NOX, years and years ago. I never tried it myself though.

I remember I played this when I was younger, it was a fun story. The death screens used to scare the crap out of me sometimes especially you getting eaten by ogres! So I had another reason to try not to die. And it had a lot of hopping around lava pits as well. Good times

People still play it using some korean game server though, there is also a whole forum dedicated to just playing/modding/mapping/recreating the game.

With all due respect to the OP, this is the most undersold description of this game I have ever heard by anyone that has actually played it.

This game is pretty much my definition of a good game. Great art style, a funny and charming fantasy story, FULLY VOICE ACTED (with decent to excellent voice talents), changes made to the environment are permanent (mobs killed, tables moved, walls broken), and the music...I have the music on my phone and I listen to it on a regular basis. This game really doesn't have any flaws that are even significant enough to mention. It came out in 2000 so, yes, the graphics are a bit long in the tooth, but even still the art style is compelling enough you soon forget about it.

This game is not a Diablo clone. It's not even a point and click, more like a point and hold. The only things that these two games really have in common are their 2D bird's eye view perspective and both technically are some form of fantasy, although very different ones at that, and the differences just keep coming. I'd liken it to Final Fantasy 7 being compared to Castlevania.

This game is free at the moment through a deal called On The House via Origin.com . I posted about it recently in the Ross's Game Dungeon forum section under "EA did something...right?". Here is a link to the thread.http://www.accursedfarms.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=8365

P.S. Hopefully this didn't sound rude. I'm just extremely passionate about this game because I personally believe it's one of the best action RPGs on the PC and it's a damn shame so few people know about/haven't played it.

nox_screen004.jpg.d6d8b3cef7bc78a10294bbe7631d8249.jpg

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

I use to plat this a lot when it came out, I still have the hard box.

It's not really like Diablo though. Some comparisons can be made for sure but I wouldn't call it a Diablo-clone per say.

Great game though. I should have a go with it again soon. But currently I'm playing Westwoods other obscure classic the amazing Blade Runner game :)