Better navigation / caching of Google Streetview?

I like Google Streetview because it can give a good idea of what a place looks like. I'd love to look at more areas I may or may never visit. What I hate about Streetview is if you don't have a stellar connection it can take several seconds to load, then when you move forward, there's an animation played, then it takes several more seconds for your new location to load. So if I want to see an area of a street it may take me a minute of loading and navigating.

What I would LOVE would be a way to plot out a route (or select an area) along the roads it has covered and tell my computer to cache every image stored from Streetview along that route. Then once it was done downloading everything, be able to navigate it via keyboard with instant transitions like a slideshow.

I did find this:

http://www.labnol.org/internet/street-view-time-lapse/20504/

though the methodology the guy describes means that when a road makes a turn, the camera will stay cocked at the angle it was before that. Also you can only go in a straight line, but that's not a bad start.

I'm thinking they're going to be including that feature on the non-phone version of Earth fairly soon. (it is already available for Android)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.