Recap episode idea

Sign in to follow this  

Hi Ross, i'm a big fan of your work. I recently saw this new 20:41 speed run of Half Life 1, and immediately thought it would be awesome to have a Freeman's Mind voice-over for it:

VtI5HM7GVGY

I think this could fit into the series well as a recap episode after you finish the first game. Since it has been so long since the early episodes of Freeman's Mind came out, I think a recap episode would be a good idea, especially if you decide to continue with Half Life 2 (please do). The fact that this video is completely different from what happened in your play through could be explained by presenting it as if Freeman is telling the story of what happened in Black Mesa; it would be funny to have Freeman boasting about his skill and insisting that he just breezed through the place in a matter of minutes. It could also be pretty funny to have Freeman's commentary not quite match up with the video. For example, at 2 minutes into the video, I can imagine him saying something like "then I got ready for some serious science" while in the video you see him jumping all around the test chamber.

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with these speed runners, and I don't know whether they would even let someone else use their footage. It merely struck me as a neat idea when I was watching the video.

Interesting idea, I would like to hear a more fast-paced overdub but it would probably mean a fairly different character than the current Freeman.

So it would basically be an overconfident, daring Freeman on Ecstasy, Coke and Meth. I don't know if it would be too much work to cover it all,

or if it really fits with the FM formula, since a lot of those shortcuts break the game immensely, but it would definitely be quite fun to watch.

Eh, might be funny for him to just lose his memory again. That might actually work out best. :P

How about this is the peak of Gordon's training with the G-Man? He relives the events at Black Mesa over and over, getting better each time, until this happens. Witnessing this, the G-Man pisses himself, erases Gordon's memories of his incredible Black Mesa skills, and puts him to sleep.

How about this is the peak of Gordon's training with the G-Man? He relives the events at Black Mesa over and over, getting better each time, until this happens. Witnessing this, the G-Man pisses himself, erases Gordon's memories of his incredible Black Mesa skills, and puts him to sleep.

Until what happens?

Interesting idea, I would like to hear a more fast-paced overdub but it would probably mean a fairly different character than the current Freeman.

So it would basically be an overconfident, daring Freeman on Ecstasy, Coke and Meth.

I like this description :mrgreen:

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

hahaha, i was talking to some friend's somewhere else, they linked a speedrun and we all agreed that freeman's mind on a speedrun would be hilarious, so i came here to talk about it, and lo, it was already being talked about.