How?

What are your settings, and your driver-based graphics settings? (CCC for AMD cards, Nvidia Control Panel for Geforce, Intel has a variety of control programs for different cards)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

amybe if got the money, goldsrc half-life., i recomdned it over source nornoamlly anyways. unle you need the sroce version a reason

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

amybe if got the money, goldsrc half-life., i recomdned it over source nornoamlly anyways. unle you need the sroce version a reason

Funny thing is, I have both, it's just on the source engine some things look nicer. Thanks for at least giving me an idea :lol:

Do you have the HD Pack?

That normally comes with HLS, I've tried enabling and disabling, of course that wont work though, Ive done almost everything and it's still the same ol broken HLS. :oops:

Other things to try:

Shader detail in advanced video options.

mat_specular 0 in console - it'll most likely lock up the game for a few seconds, just wait it out.

Other other things to try: check your video card settings outside of the game like I said before, since many I have seen have had that as the whole problem.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The steampipe update came and Half Life Source was ported from the 2004 Source Engine to the 2007 (Orange Box) Source Engine. It caused many of the bugs you described above. It also added things like dynamic lighting, try shining your flashlight (with shadows on high) on someone and their outline should fall behind them, this is a feature of the Orange Box Engine.

I believe Ross uses an older version that runs on the 2004 Engine as it is probably the least broken when it comes to recording demos and capturing them. How he managed to get it to run kinda falls into a gray area as it is sort of like pirating, but you already own the game anyway and you didn't ask Valve to patch it and break the working features for dynamic lighting and some useless motion blur.

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

Alternatively: He could be running Steam in offline mode and just not getting the updates, though sometimes it just makes you login anyways, so I'm not sure.

Alternatively: He could be running Steam in offline mode and just not getting the updates, though sometimes it just makes you login anyways, so I'm not sure.

That's not even practical.

If you manage to get the old files you can launch the game as a mod. But getting the files is the part you have to search some torrents.

Even Ross states in his Carnevil video that it's sometimes necessery to do some pirating to get content created because you cannot

get the service you desire from the legal source.

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.