FREEMAN'S MIND 2: EPISODE 4

Ross, you are brilliant! I'm a pretty reserved guy watching videos and I love smart humor so your FM series's are absolutely fantastic but shooting that vort made me burst out laughing so hard. I played through half life so long ago that I forget exactly what's coming but when you arrive it all comes back and with your quick wit it just makes it so great to watch!

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

Ross, could you please start uploading vids elsewhere again, or downloadable versions to this site? Tube was always pain, but with their recent changes it is UNUSABLE in any decent desktop browser, and soon will come the time it will not play in VLC anymore (again).

Damn, I can even provide backup FTP hosting, I still have most of the FM 1 vids and all Civil protection ones there already. Just gimme the rest I don't have and I can provide ya with download links you can put to the site…

Ross, could you please start uploading vids elsewhere again, or downloadable versions to this site? Tube was always pain, but with their recent changes it is UNUSABLE in any decent desktop browser, and soon will come the time it will not play in VLC anymore (again).

Damn, I can even provide backup FTP hosting, I still have most of the FM 1 vids and all Civil protection ones there already. Just gimme the rest I don't have and I can provide ya with download links you can put to the site…

You could try using youtube-dl as a last resort (I don't think there's a simple way to get it to VLC though, although mpv also has built-in support for opening youtube videos but that's through CLI as with youtube-dl)

I don't know why Freeman shooting the vort annoyed me so much. I know yeah it's how he would react and it's consistent with Freeman's previous behaviour but for some reason it annoys me that he wasn't paying enough attention to realise that the Vortigaunts aren't the enemy anymore and in both cases where he was panicking about the vorts they were clearly not doing any harm.

Edited by CharlieHadron (see edit history)

Well, you might say I'm losing focus, kind of drifting into the abstract...

it is UNUSABLE in any decent desktop browser
What exactly is the problem?

Is it technical (does not play), or something in the interface (crappy design)?

Do you have ad-block?

Do you have a video downloading plugin?

panicking about the vorts they were clearly not doing any harm.
Well, about half an hour ago his life depended on being able to shoot every vort on sight, as they appeared out of nowhere.

He did get some calm time looking at them and realizing they weren't a threat, but once back into the fight or flight mode the old habit kicked in before he had a time to think about it.

it is UNUSABLE in any decent desktop browser
What exactly is the problem?

Is it technical (does not play), or something in the interface (crappy design)?

Do you have ad-block?

Do you have a video downloading plugin?

A bit of both. :mrgreen:

Got something, not sure wheter it actually still works now when they force that HTML5 crap.

Probably said this before, but are you going to use custom weapon models to fix developer oversights?

alternatively you could just go with this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/290930/HalfLife_2_Update/

hell, Ross has done commentary in this so I'm sure he's considered it. fixes a bunch of stuff and improves the graphics in the best way possible. can't go wrong with it, plus it fixes the weapon oversights - and it doesn't stray from the original art style like that abomination 'cinematic mod'

force that HTML5 crap.

HTML5 isn't crap, Adobe Flash is. I'd say that HTML5 is not even "forced" as hard as it really should be.

The sooner we forget about that abomination called Flash Player, the better.

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

Probably said this before, but are you going to use custom weapon models to fix developer oversights?

alternatively you could just go with this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/290930/HalfLife_2_Update/

hell, Ross has done commentary in this so I'm sure he's considered it. fixes a bunch of stuff and improves the graphics in the best way possible. can't go wrong with it, plus it fixes the weapon oversights - and it doesn't stray from the original art style like that abomination 'cinematic mod'

Yeah, but he won't use it for all of the levels, like how he complained that the Ravenholm level is covered in this green mist, so he won't use update for all the levels.

Besides, these weapon models are used in HL2 Update, so they should work with the 2004 version of HL2 he's using.

Non Nobis Domine, Non Nobis, Sed Nomine, tuo da Glorium

Oh yeah, & me an a dude were working on how to get the original 2004 Vortigaunt model to work with HL2 EP2, which would serve Ross well for consistency's sake.

https://gamebanana.com/skins/156780

59983137ad262.jpg

The model seen here is ported from Black Mesa Source.

All we need to do is figure out how to get the original 2004 textures to work with it.

Non Nobis Domine, Non Nobis, Sed Nomine, tuo da Glorium

hell, Ross has done commentary in this

Is there a way to listen to his commentaries without playing the game?

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

hell, Ross has done commentary in this

Is there a way to listen to his commentaries without playing the game?

Try looking for playthroughs with the commentary enabled, apparently people sometimes do that.

Also when Freeman ducks under the train wreck after shooting the Vort, you can see the point where he stops and crouches down. What he should've done is crouched down a mite earlier and kept the movement a little fluid, that way it doesn't look like he's blatantly walking into objects.

HTML5 isn't crap, Adobe Flash is. I'd say that HTML5 is not even "forced" as hard as it really should be.

The sooner we forget about that abomination called Flash Player, the better.

Oh yeah…no.

I was too all Mr. Open-Source and standards and all this BS. Than HTML5 actually came and hell, praised be flash. Never thought i'd say that, but it's not half as crap as the hell5…

Sometimes reality just gives you a lesson. Try.