The Master Minds

Sign in to follow this  

So presumably some of you here who have seen Freeman's Mind will have watched, either out of curiosity or for sake of completionism, some of the spin-offs and/or rip-offs of Freeman's Mind that invariably come when something new and original comes out and becomes popular. The best known of these would undoubtedly be Barney's Mind by Ian "MightyPirate" Riley (formally authorized by Scott), and Shephard's Mind by Robin "Krimsin" Darnell, both of whom briefly cameo in FM. They of course went on to found the Master Minds, comprised of Ian, Robin, CyhAnide (Chell's Mind, became Ian's girlfriend), Chunkboi (Kane's Mind), Simon "EmperorPsymon" James (Parker's Mind), Jared "CooL" O'Brien (Freeman's (-ish) Mind 2), Curtis "Corky64" Trudeau-Brown (Felix's Mind), and Chloe (her name is pretty much all I know about her much to my ire), with Ross Scott as an honorary member. So they did a few crossovers, borrowed a few jokes from each other, did 3 podcasts (Out of Our Minds, Mind the Gap, Meeting of the Minds 1 and 2) and a Let's Play channel (Opposites Attack) before fizzling out. Then Curtis and Jared decided for whatever reason to remove both their series from public view. I know Ross said if he ever did another episode of Civil Protection (which he said in the same source he would be unlikely to do that unless someone else animates it) he thinks it'd be cool to have Ian voice Barney in the series.

Edited by CharlieHadron (see edit history)

Well, you might say I'm losing focus, kind of drifting into the abstract...

Incidentally if Felix's Mind is set in the timeline where Freeman declined Gman's offer, who's the -ish bugger Jared plays in the follow-up after Felix got himself sniped?

I know Ross said if he ever did another episode of Civil Protection (which he said in the same source he would be unlikely to do that unless someone else animates it) he thinks it'd be cool to have Ian voice Barney in the series.

As much as I'd like to see this, Ross has stated in one of the monthly videochats that he knows the voice actor for Barney in Black Mesa (Kevin Sisk). It's far more likely he'd have Sisk voice Barney, as he manages to replicate Shapiro's voice almost perfectly.

As much as I'd like to see this, Ross has stated in one of the monthly videochats that he knows the voice actor for Barney in Black Mesa (Kevin Sisk). It's far more likely he'd have Sisk voice Barney, as he manages to replicate Shapiro's voice almost perfectly.

Really? He said that? Aw man. I mean, yeah that'd be cool too, but still...

I watched most of them back in the day, loved their works. Shame that Felix and Chell never really finished but I loved both for what they were.

Long is the way; and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light-Paradise Lost

By the power of truth, while I live, I have conquered the universe-Faust

The only absolute is that there are no absolutes, except that one

Vae Victus-Brennus

(which he said in the same source he would be unlikely to do that unless someone else animates it) he thinks it'd be cool to have Ian voice Barney in the series.

I really don't think that Ross will do another freeman's mind UNTIL he is done with his big project.

(which he said in the same source he would be unlikely to do that unless someone else animates it) he thinks it'd be cool to have Ian voice Barney in the series.

I really don't think that Ross will do another freeman's mind UNTIL he is done with his big project.

You'd think that...

Except he has been..?

Production is just halted for now for health/safety reasons as he told us in his latest update.

"No! You can't follow me, you don't have any money! That's the whole point!"

On 5/16/2018 at 11:01 PM, Professor von Kriplespac said:

Except he has been..?

Production is just halted for now for health/safety reasons as he told us in his latest update.

Kind of a difficult thing to miss. How'd Macca manage it?