DOTA 2 Announcer pack submitted!

The announcer pack for DOTA 2 that I mentioned earlier has been submitted! It contains over 600 lines, has lots of situational humor, and the highest recording quality I've produced to date. Here is proof of it:

Link to DOTA submission

I have NO IDEA what the next step is! I guess Valve will look it over and decide if it's acceptable or not, then I'll get further instructions from there. It wouldn't surprise me if they make me change the name from "Freeman's Mind Announcer Pack", but that shouldn't affect the lines.

Anyway, now that this is submitted, I'll be getting back to the videos and other things. More news coming this month!

EDIT:

I've been informed that this will need to be voted up a bunch for Valve to look at it. I don't expect people to do that without knowing more about it, but I'll make a proper media campaign for this later. Feel free to vote on it for now, but I'll have a lot more details later.

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

I can't view it due to permission errors or it being hidden (Which, as I can see by my eyes, is not). Is that supposed to happen?

Best I can tell. I really don't use Steam community stuff that much, so I'm not 100%. Really all there is to the link is the thumbnail and description, so you're not missing anything. The actual files go directly to Valve. The link is there mostly just as proof this is in the works. Also if somebody does know more about Steam Workshop, they can feel free to post advice.

Hey, Ross. The way the workshop works is people vote things up, and the highest rated things get looked at by Valve (As far as I've seen in the past) So letting people see it, and even uploading a video detailing of the lines that you've added in there would give you a much higher chance of getting accepted, and rated up.

I'll be sure to spread the word around so it can get rated up. I'd love to see this in DOTA. Good luck Ross! =)

Oh okay, I was planning on making an official trailer for it, but haven't done that yet. There's nothing Valve needs to look at prior to that step?

Yeah, I went to go vote for it, but with it not being accessible, I can't vote.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm not sure if I can trust something from "Accused Farms".

0/10 fake account, would not buy.

I mean, who is even doing the accusing?

(But yeah, you might want to fix that before this becomes too popular.)

Also, good luck, I can't wait to hear these!

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Want to vote. Can't. Here is the error message that shows when you click on the announcer pack:

Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

The item is either marked as hidden or you do not have permission to view it.

Yeah, I went to go vote for it, but with it not being accessible, I can't vote.
I don't know what the hell is going on. I tried setting all the settings for my profile to full public temporarily, but that message still came up, which means people can't vote. If anyone has ideas how to fix this, let me know.

I'm not sure if I can trust something from "Accused Farms".

0/10 fake account, would not buy.

Ugh, you can see how much sleep I've been getting. At least that's fixed now.

Hmm, I don't have a workshop item, but maybe it is similar to guides.

When I visit my guide I have visibility settings. Public, Private and Hidden.

Ozqh391.png

Maybe there is something similar for Workshop submissions and you have it on Private.

Hmm, I don't have a workshop item, but maybe it is similar to guides.

When I visit my guide I have visibility settings. Public, Private and Hidden.

Ozqh391.png

Maybe there is something similar for Workshop submissions and you have it on Private.

Thanks a bunch man, I think I figured it out based on what you said. I'm not seeing a voting option, but there is a thumbs up option. Is that what people were referring to?

OK, I've been able to find and upvote (is that a word?) the announcer pack! However, I noticed that it doesn't show up under the 'announcer' category. To make it easier to find you should probably add an 'Announcer' tag to the pack, if you can. Thanks for the time and effort you put into this side project, Ross! Looking forward to hearing Freeman yell about towers and barracks.

Oh okay, I was planning on making an official trailer for it, but haven't done that yet. There's nothing Valve needs to look at prior to that step?

I've not made items for DOTA/TF2, so I don't know how it works, but just do what you can to get high votes. 5 stars is what they look for (As far as I know. 4 Stars might be possible too.) The best you can do after you post a trailer, or something with a sample of the lines, and hope people vote it up! That's honestly about it.

It is of the UTMOST importance to upload either a trailer or just samples. SERIOUSLY. Some people have no idea what they'd be voting for. Choose lines that your fans would like but also choose lines that are funny by themselves.

It's good that the Freeman character can actually exist without the Half Life universe. So try choosing lines that would make any person laugh, not just the fans.