FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 53

FM53.jpg

Blip.tv link

(download will be up later)

This episode got delayed more than I intended, but if you've been watching the series a while, it's nothing compared to some of the other ones. This episode is also one of the shorter ones in a while, although really, this is ideally where I wanted to aim, but the past few episodes have just been one thing after another, there was less of a good jumping off spot. I know plenty of people would just as soon have me make the next episode 30 minutes long, but it's definitely easier for me to break it up some more. Part of the reason this episode got delayed is because I've been spending a little more time learning possible software for the long-term movie project I still want to do. That's not anywhere close to being done, but I would go crazy if I wasn't doing SOMETHING on it, I mostly put that completely on hold for 2013. Finally, the documentary Freeman refers to in this episode is totally real, though I forgot the name of it.

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

A very good episode as usual!

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

Favorite line: "Through the power of hypnotic suggestion and a tank I was able to convince all these people they were dead."

EDIT: New, new favorite line: "Maybe humans are just better at invading. We've had a lot of practice.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

So how far away is he now from the part where he'll have to start thinking with portals? Because I can imagine that part is going to take some work with timing and stuff.

You know what I noticed, all this time playing Half Life I always projected myself into Gordon Freeman, thinking as myself and inevitably with my own native culture.

However Gordon Freeman how much I would argue against it, is pretty much American or British at best.

So your version of Freeman Ross, is the more correct one.

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

This episode was pretty good. Felt a bit more energetic than the last one in my opinion. The part about sending the stray dog's into combat is also classic Freeman (which I like!).

This is probably my favorite episode that I can recall off the top of my head. The jokes were great. The satirical analysis of the game and its AI was hilarious. And several new awesome quotables for signatures all over! :D

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

This episode was much shorter than I expected... but it actually made much more progress than I expected; I guess I died so much on the tank fight that I overestimated how much time it would take up.

Again, wonderful episode. I'd rather have shorter episodes every now and then than longer ones with huge gaps between them If I had to pick.

Oh and I also remember seeing that Chernobyl documentary (I've seen a few of those), but can't for the life of me remember it's name.

So how far away is he now from the part where he'll have to start thinking with portals? Because I can imagine that part is going to take some work with timing and stuff.

Actually, I can imagine that being a lot easier since you could cut the footage whenever you walk through a portal.

So if you want to try a scene again (because you fell down, say), you just go back to your last exit portal, jump up,

and pretend you just came through so you carry on from there. You won't need to stop and start the demo recording

every time, you could just edit it together. At least I think that's easier... It's what I would do.

Freeman really is losing it now, isn't he? Like, he's going straight-up nuts, rather than just...eccentric. It's still really hilarious to watch, though.

Favorite line: "Through the power of hypnotic suggestion and a tank I was able to convince all these people they were dead."

+1, if the freakin' rep system still worked.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun