FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 54

FM54.jpg

Blip.tv link

(download will be up later I swear)

Here's another episode that got delayed more than I wanted, but I'm still making them. This is coming out on Valentine's Day, but it's just a coincidence, I didn't plan it like that. This episode isn't especially related to Valentine's Day unless you find ninjas and shotguns romantic. I think this episode came out pretty well, it actually took longer due to bugs with HL: Source's demo recording, but I was able to eventually work around them.

On another note, I wanted to try and introduce some democracy to what I work on next and see how it goes. I've start on episode 55, but after that, I haven't decided what video I should do next, so you can vote on it below:

[poll id=10]

In reality, it's more of a competition between Freeman's Mind and Ross's Game Dungeon, but I just wanted to see how big the divide is. While I haven't given up on it, I can't realistically do another animated video at this time since that will delay everything else too much and I need to keep my income going. This goes double since it's now a CONFIRMED conspiracy that Youtube isn't counting all views and I guess is just pocketing the money instead. I've suspected something like this ever since I saw some statistically improbable things happen in December, but that link above has actual proof in it. I'm sure Google's stance on this is that it's just a bug they need to fix. An enormous, and insanely profitable bug. So, while I plan to go with the majority rule, if Youtube siphons off enough views from FM so they're both equal, I may just do more RGD instead, since I can produce it faster and it's a little more fun for me to make.

More videos coming!

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

Wasn't expecting this today!

I did, however, expect Youtube to pull something like this. Even though it might - MIGHT - not be intentional and they didn't intend it to be that way originally, it's not even cynical to just assume they're going to be greedy and jump at the chance to fuck over everyone else to make some more profit.

*cough* Machinima

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Ninjas and shotguns is actually the theme I'm planning for my wedding (;

Remember when we thought google was the good guy of the internet?

Seeing how close you are to Xen, do more FM episodes until you teleport. Would Freeman's see Xen?, or would he just wake up on the train to City 17?.

Also why did Freeman not investigate the Ninja's body more, as some of them are females and telling by the death sounds they sounded female.

The general opinion (presumably) would be to finish Freeman's Mind and just be done with it, especially given how close you are to completion. From then one you would have one less project hovering over you, and giving you more time to focus on the next Civil Protection or other big project in mind while making Ross' Game Dungeon in the meanwhile.

Great episode. As much as I love Freemans Mind, I would like to see RGD next. Shake things up a little. It's also easier to keep both series alive alternating between the two of them. Even when Half-Life 1 is done, the e-mails asking for a half-life 2 sequel would be endless.

Well, I expected this vote to go massively towards FM, so I went for Civil Protection instead. Someone must support the underdog, right?

Regarding Youtube - it is interesting... The real question is - do they charge advertisers by the real clicks while paying uploaders for the "culled" views? Or, do they use the reduced numbers on both sides? If it's the latter, then the advertisers are really the ones who profit from this "bug" and Google are the schmucks here.

Regards

Ross, I can say whatever you will post for a new video I will enjoy it, so by all means make another Game Dungeon or Freemans Mind, its all up to you on what you make, I just know I like your videos ALOT! keep up the amazing work

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I consider this as a Valentine's Day special for the Forever Alone types like I am :)

Great stuff Ross

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

While FM is what keeps me coming back to accursedfarms day after day, I think your bottom line should get a pretty hefty vote. I like Ross's Game Dungeon, too, and if that puts a few more dimes (or złoty) in your pocket, then maybe next we should see an episode of RGD over an episode of FM. Although the majority votes will always be with Freeman, if RGDs help support you and allow us to see the eventual end of FM, I'm all for whatever keeps you doing your thing!

"We need to nuke this place once I get out"

Did I detect a vague Opposing Force reference here?

For that matter, when it finally comes down to the actual teleportation chamber, I hope Ross makes a nod to Shepard's mind....

"We need to nuke this place once I get out"

For that matter, when it finally comes down to the actual teleportation chamber, I hope Ross makes a nod to Shepard's mind....

"Hey GET BACK HERE YOU BIG ORANGE FUCK!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=172&v=5_f-Ha-_upM

Yea Ross you gotta get KrimsinYT to send you that voice bit.

I did, however, expect Youtube to pull something like this. Even though it might - MIGHT - not be intentional and they didn't intend it to be that way originally,
WHO KNOWS what is going on inside their heads. Cramming Google+ down everyone's throats was an intentional dick move, but screwing up YT's interface HARD in the process? That doesn't seem like something conducive to good business even if seems deliberate as hell. You're right though, this could just as easily be hurting them and they don't care?

Why on Blip.tv video don't work?
I don't frigging know. I guess having it uploaded for 6 hours means "it isn't quite ready yet"

It's been so long since I played it, I actually didn't remember that as part of the plot to OF, I mainly remember the monster at the end. I just figured it's sort of a logical next step given the extent of the problem and location.

YOUR LAB YOUR RULES!

AHHHHHH!

I'm not sure if this still applies, but I've heard that mobile views aren't counted.

I'm not sure if this still applies, but I've heard that mobile views aren't counted.
Here's what I know about that:

-I've been told by Machinima.com in the past they don't count towards monetization

-Machinima.com has also flat out lied to me before on payouts, saying my old CPM cost them money (I make more money PER VIEW on my own than I did at Machinima, so for them to be telling the truth, my channel would have to be worth more to advertisers than theirs), they also said views on videos older than 3 months don't monetize at all (again, this is a lie, if somebody watches FM #4, that helps me just as much), so it's hard to know the truth from what they've said

-I've been told by technical people some of them count on some platforms towards monetization, others don't

-I've NEVER heard of mobile views not counting at ALL, like you're a ghost that was never there. So if 10 people watch a video on an iPhone, it should still show 10 views, but those views might not count toward any income.