FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 57

FM57.jpg

(Downloadable copy will be up later)

Subtitles: English

More Freeman's Mind! I'm mostly happy with how this episode turned out, it's a longer one, Freeman covers a lot of ground in this one. This one also has a particularly good jumping off point I wanted to get to. On that note, some of you will be disappointed, but I'm taking a break from FM for a little while as I want to catch up on Game Dungeon. I've already started on it and hope to have it out in about a week, possibly sooner. More coming after that!

EDIT: Could be a little longer than a week for the next game dungeon, it's going to be a long one.

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

That was very very very fun to watch. Also the end. I wasn't expecting that.

But the spinning platform room of hell. That'll be fun to watch.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

That was awesome :D

i remember it took me most tries than any other part to get trough that chamber.

But seriously, this episode is awesome- interesting change for usual bitter (and rightly so) Freeman. I like how you made it so that process of drugs is affecting Freeman slowly and then you give clear message- now hes really high. I also enjoyed how you were explaining one part and shotgun just moved like Freeman was gesturing something along these lines. Oh and also the part where you timed it nicely.

Though let me guess- ending was instant buzz-killer?

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Freeman gets high from medkit overdose. I love it!

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.

Good idea with making freeman high. 57 episodes of shouting high strung freeman was probably enough. Look forward to seeing this side of his character. Great episode.

And remember that while some people might be annoyed you're taking a break from FM, I personally am really happy to hear we're going to get new Game Dungeon episodes.

that was great, i agree, that was executed nicely, it changed so much it felt odd, like you knew he was acting strange but was still him, great moderation, i actually really loved the ending, just STOP, genius, i assume you'll be magically teleported to the top since it would be quite time consumeing to get perfect footage of the climb, and being high and all

yes it is a little dissapointing, however i do realise you gotta do what you love or your just gonna get wore out and i dont want to see that i'd like to keep seeing these, this is what got you famous, this is your signature, i dont want them to end, and their really great, when im having a bad day i will actually go from extreamly upset and depressed to pretty happy, all the corny little jokes and stuff...really makes my day thanks for all that you've done and i cant wait to see what you bring out next :)

I'm fine with either. Game Dungeon is great, too.

I like the fact that you didn't make Freeman stupid high like most people do. Like how drunk people are portrayed as really retarded in movies or TV. He's still intelligent and notices things, he's just kind of loopy.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Amazing. Probably one of the funniest FMs I've seen. Excellent job as always Mr Scott!

I'm fine with either. Game Dungeon is great, too.

I like the fact that you didn't make Freeman stupid high like most people do. Like how drunk people are portrayed as really retarded in movies or TV. He's still intelligent and notices things, he's just kind of loopy.

I figure Freeman has experience.

This was the best episode so far and that makes it one of the best things in internet history.

There are so many reasons why I think this is not only great fun but also a ground breaking piece of art, but I think you all know them-

also, this site has the most weird forum registration Ive seen

This was the best episode so far and that makes it one of the best things in internet history.

There are so many reasons why I think this is not only great fun but also a ground breaking piece of art, but I think you all know them-

also, this site has the most weird forum registration Ive seen

What's weird about asking for a blood sample?

On topic: So far, the best episode. Loved how it ended. Best part: Freeman thinking the G-man killed himself with a "mini sun".

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

such heroic heroism from our hero

He's a hero!

(that just kept getting funnier each time he said it)

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Hey Ross, I see you read my email. :D

I couldn't stop laughing the whole episode. Especially at the "I'm a hero!" part. I love how realistically you portrayed him being high, the way it gradually set in and just made him kind of... mellow. Also, the ending was perfect. I found it immensely satisfying despite the cliffhanger.

Actually I just remembered this. For a while me and a friend theorized that the reason Freeman was so pissy and shouting and bad-tempered in Freeman's Mind was because he was going through a drug withdrawal on top of all of the stress and trying not to get killed and that he's normally a lot more laid-back and chill (sort of like this episode, but not quite as extreme). I think in the second or third episode he mentioned going to get drugs out of his locker and then getting upset when they weren't there. That on top of trying to get the tranquilizers out of the shark cage....there was another part too, but I forgot.

I could be overthinking it though.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.