ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: HELIOUS

I tried to play Helious 2, I wanted to see the end.

I cannot stand this game for more than 10 minutes. You're a hero, Ross.

Actually, thinking about it, some of the gameplay I saw from the video reminds me a bit of this game.

I dont know how similar it actually is though because it's been a long time since I've played Enigma and I've never played Helious (which truthfully I'm not too eager to try out).

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Has anyone considered the possibility that maybe Sean Buckett really did write the game, and then shortly thereafter got abducted -- permanently -- by the aliens? The Sean who woke up and explored his house and found the game could actually be the clone, and the clone was a snapshot of Sean from just before he made the game. Having all of Sean's memories, except of making the game, he believed it was his house and his computer and wondered where the game came from. This could be an old-fashioned earth-made game after all. :-P

Then how do you explain the, ahem, "alien jizz" all over the keyboard if HE was the one who made it. The aliens wouldn't have touched it if he had already created it.

If he was really a freshly-minted clone, he may have already had it on himself without realizing it. If the stuff "evaporates" away quickly, and the keyboard was the first thing he really looked at closely, he may have inadvertently smeared it there himself. :-)

Or, being a freshly-minted clone, maybe his brain was still wiring itself up and receiving the massive dump of memories needed for him to think he was Sean Buckett, and he hallucinated it. Would explain how sticky green goop just .. disappeared. Seems more likely than the other explanations, in my opinion. :-)

http://trichrome.net/

Trichrome was created, designed and programmed by Sean M Puckett.

Back in the 90s, Sean created created the classic space shmup Galacta, as well as Helious and Pulse. Sean also created dozens of retail game, education and productivity titles in the 80s and 90s while working for Hi Tech Expressions.

You can reach out to Sean via email at [email protected].

Follow Sean on Twitter at @PhotoPuck.

It was easy to find him.

So. What constitutes an Independence Day episode? Not Independence Day, so... What else is there?

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Back in the 90s, Sean created created the classic space shmup Galacta, as well as Helious and Pulse. Sean also created dozens of retail game, education and productivity titles in the 80s and 90s while working for Hi Tech Expressions.

It was easy to find him.

Yeah I already emailed him a few days ago, he liked the episode. I'll talk about him when I do a follow-up episode later on.

So. What constitutes an Independence Day episode? Not Independence Day, so... What else is there?

Some classic Duke Nukem? He's pretty all-American.

I somehow doubt Ross is reviewing Duke Nukem.

Also, he's not as all american as you think. For example, his hair is based off the hair of the extremely offensive Russian stereotype Rocky fights in his fourth racially-charged propaganda film. In fact, all of Duke's "character" is based off 80's action stars in general with no regard for their affiliation or how little sense it makes. Even his most overly-quoted line is stolen from They Live. He's not a super patriot, he's a 90's celebration of everything bad about 80's action films.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

The backstory in this game reads like a creepypasta, honestly. It's pretty interesting, too, since it's not quite like the stereotypical image of a game creepypasta, almost.

It was easy to find him.

Yeah I already emailed him a few days ago, he liked the episode. I'll talk about him when I do a follow-up episode later on.

Will you ask him what he was smoking when he made this game?

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

I somehow doubt Ross is reviewing Duke Nukem.

Also, he's not as all american as you think. For example, his hair is based off the hair of the extremely offensive Russian stereotype Rocky fights in his fourth racially-charged propaganda film. In fact, all of Duke's "character" is based off 80's action stars in general with no regard for their affiliation or how little sense it makes. Even his most overly-quoted line is stolen from They Live. He's not a super patriot, he's a 90's celebration of everything bad about 80's action films.

He stole lines from Army of Darkness too. And no, it's not Duke Nukem, but it's very American. I've finished editing it, but there's still a crapload to process. I should have it up in a few hours assuming nothing goes wrong.

The backstory in this game reads like a creepypasta, honestly. It's pretty interesting, too, since it's not quite like the stereotypical image of a game creepypasta, almost.

What are you talking about? That green slime was CLEARLY hyperrealistic blood.

We should try to get the ending for Helious II. If we can't see it fair and square we could always try to modify the executable or modify the game's memory at runtime just to see the ending. I honestly just really want to see what it looks like, I'm gonna mess around with cheat engine and if that doesn't work I'll see if I can't modify the executable itself. I'll get back to you guys if I find anything.

It is worth noting that this will take a while but I'll try to upload a video of the ending as soon as I can.

Okay so I can still get to this ending but it won't be any time soon. If I see interest I can drop some other stuff to speed up progress but as it stands this will take quite some time.

Okay so I can still get to this ending but it won't be any time soon. If I see interest I can drop some other stuff to speed up progress but as it stands this will take quite some time.

I'm definitely interested.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

Well, now that I know at least one person cares I'll go faster, keep in mind I have NO CLUE how long this will take. It is pretty slow going so far, but at the end of the day I just have to find the write code and jump to it.

Well, now that I know at least one person cares I'll go faster, keep in mind I have NO CLUE how long this will take. It is pretty slow going so far, but at the end of the day I just have to find the write code and jump to it.

I uh am interested too, I mean I totally didn't just make an account here to state it, when obviously one was enough...maybe, well good luck, will hopefully actually remember to keep attention to the thread when there's a breakthrough.