Planetside 2 play session October 2016

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Here's the footage from the latest Planetside 2 session. Nothing too notable happened this time, I spent half the time discussing the possibility of playing Zombie Panic Source with people close to Halloween. I'll make a new post here when / if that gets underway. In the future, I may stop posting these Planetside sessions on the site itself since it's really just footage of me screwing around in a game, rather than an actual edited video meant to be more watchable, or answering questions people have from the videochat. I see this stuff as a way to do something with fans, but mostly throwaway material otherwise. I'll still keep posting all the sessions to the Accursed Farms Junk Youtube channel, but not make further announcements here unless something more major is going on (like we end up switching to Zombie Panic!). Anyway, work is continuing on the next Game Dungeon, more updates before Halloween!

COMMENTS

Um, Ross the video in your post isn't the October 2016 Planetside 2 play session video it's the Contraption Zack Game Dungeon video again. I'm looking at the video in your post right now and it's totally the Contraption Zack Game Dungeon video.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

My theory is Ross has finally gone crazy from playing too many insane/creepy games and his mind is trapped in some kind of inception puzzle right now. This post is a hint, a silent cry for help from the remnants of his shattered mind and we are supposed to solve the riddle until it's too late.

Um, Ross the video in your post isn't the October 2016 Planetside 2 play session video it's the Contraption Zack Game Dungeon video again. I'm looking at the video in your post right now and it's totally the Contraption Zack Game Dungeon video.

Oh good, I thought I was becoming crazy

My theory is Ross has finally gone crazy from playing too many insane/creepy games and his mind is trapped in some kind of inception puzzle right now. This post is a hint, a silent cry for help from the remnants of his shattered mind and we are supposed to solve the riddle until it's too late.

Lest start at the very beginning so we don't miss anything, the earliest I have found is the original blogspot page of Civil Protection that the description of "On a Rail" leads to.

Ugh, link fixed. The erroneous post was brought to you by the Windows function of copy / paste ONLY WORKING WHEN IT WANTS TO.

Hey Ross, I'm still up for hosting the zps server.
Did you email me also? I just sent a reply to that. Also, anyone who wants to investigate how to mod the game in order to support more players is welcome. If we could have even more than 32 players, it could get quite interesting.

Hey Ross, I'm still up for hosting the zps server.
Did you email me also? I just sent a reply to that. Also, anyone who wants to investigate how to mod the game in order to support more players is welcome. If we could have even more than 32 players, it could get quite interesting.

Yes it was and the only way to increase the player amount is to modify server.dll that's stores this value, the source engine can handle 255 players (slot 0 is the server itself)

the closest I have found to changing this is a hex edit and slowly test other ways as well. UPDATE: None of the methods I checked work everytime I get "UpdatePlayerName with bogus slot 25" when I try to connect so unless the dlls are recompiled with a higher int we are stuck at 24 max.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

the source engine can handle 255 players

*imagines that many players on one map*

...Welp. That's pretty much all I can say about it XD

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

Do you need to buy any source assets in order to play ZPS? If that's the case that might be an issue.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.