Game Dungeon Wish List

I remember suggesting Whiplash a while back, but I realise now he only reviews games available on the PC. Ah well.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I´d love Ross to review F-Zero X and F-Zero GX for the Nintendo 64 and Gamecube respectively, they´re AWESOME racing games, kind of neglected by Nintendo as a franchise, really tightly made games and the later difficulties get hard, jump on an emulator if yo want, you won´t be dissapointed. There´s lots to talk about, of course :)

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I'd like to put forth Blood and Magic as an RGD suggestion. An old RTS game released by Interplay in 1996. Unfortunately it was released around the time that Warcraft and Command and Conquer were overshadowing everything.

DX1JqTN.png

XocFfc9.png

For some reason the full version I have doesn't have the intro cinematic, but the demo does. Supposedly you could find the intro in the demo and move it into the full version folder, but these days it's just easier to watch it on Youtube.

I'd like to see a RGD episode illuminating the dichotomy of two contrasting commercial games developed using the DOOM engine: HACX by Banjo Software and the Chex Quest series.

HACX is now freeware and available from < http://www.drnostromo.com/hacx/ > and < https://archive.org/details/msdos_HacX_1997 >). At the start of the game, 5 BILLION PEOPLE ARE ALREADY DEAD. The rest are being used for food and bio-mechanical experiments. And you are one dude looking to kick butt and kill aliens one scumbag at a time. I'm not sure how that's supposed to help free the remaining enslaved 2 billion people, but I guess you have to start somewhere. But it doesn't seem like a very realistic way to go about things. If nothing else though, it would be cathartic in such a situation, that's for sure.

In stark contrast to HACX, the Chex Quest games are brightly-colored FPS's where you are fighting mucus-based, three-feet-tall pillars of living phlegm. You "send these aliens back home" while seeing the cheerful Chex logo plastered all over the place. This is because phlegm is the enemy of breakfast cereal, I guess.

Chex Quest 1 (the first 5 levels) and Chex Quest 2 (the second 5 levels) were developed by Digital Cafe and published by Ralston-Purina as freeware games distributed with Chex brand cereals. The first one was so unexpectedly popular that Purina paid Digital Cafe to develop the second one. Then, years later, an artist which worked on the first two Quests independently developed a third one called Chex Quest 3. All three of these can be found for free on the Internet Archive at < https://archive.org/details/msdos_Chex_Quest_1996 > and < https://archive.org/details/ChexQuest3_1020 >.

Either that or please make a video of the 1987 text adventure, Lawn Mower. < https://archive.org/details/msdos_Lawn_Mower_1987 > In this game you are, in fact, a mower of lawns who is attempting to get rich. Yes, a lawn mowing text adventure. Avoid the gopher.

Nobody ever talks about this game anymore.

GTA2-Boxart.jpg

Ross should.

Hell, Ross should just do all the top down GTAs.

Geist on the Nintendo Gamecube.

It's a really obscure game about a mute guy named Raimi. Not Gordon Freeman mute, I mean actually mute, he uses sign language and everything. He's a scientist who also happens to know how to use a gun and is also part of a special forces unit.

He goes on a mission to pull out his friend, who's working undercover at some terrorist organization I can't remember the name of. After he finds him, one of the people in Raimi's squad starts shooting his squadmates, and that includes you. You apparently die, but you get turned into a ghost and put into a simulation the terrorist organization uses to train you. You can possess everything, not just people. In the middle of the simulation, though, a little ghost girl arrives and disrupts it, letting you loose into the facility. Your goal is to get your old body back, destroy the terrorist organization, and get out of there.

He who fights drummers

I'm sure no one here has heard of 'psychotron'. The awkwardly voiced and overacted pc game is still imprinted on my memory.

Nobody ever talks about this game anymore.

GTA2-Boxart.jpg

Ross should.

Hell, Ross should just do all the top down GTAs.

theres only 2 and i dont think they are officially obscure or not but if he did Wolfenstien anythings possible

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Trying to rack my brains on the demos/shareware that were on my old MacFormat CDs..

Tanks Of Terror

5151_scr.jpg

Temple Tantrum

5314_scr.jpg

How popular was Oni?

Oni_Coverart.jpg

Twisted Deluxe

66244-TwistedDeluxe.jpg

Parsec

movshot.jpg

Ares

ares-title-716-full.jpg

Ross would probably have to get his hands on a PowerPC-era Mac for some of these though.

Ross needs to review one of the Serious Sam games or one of the Timesplitters games. These games are cult classics, but recently they've been fading into obscurity.

He who fights drummers

Yes for Timesplitters. Though he'll need an emulator, they were never released for PC. Easy enough to get one though. The last game is now 10 years old actually. Could be an idea.

Parsec

movshot.jpg

Ares

ares-title-716-full.jpg

These two were also available to be run on older versions of Linux... Don't know if you can find any copies though.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Ah there was a old strategy game that w̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶o̶l̶e̶ i sorta remember playing it when i was younger but i have no idea what it is called.

It wasn't Fragile Allegiance

1Fl3IfZ.png

8ZZrsVF.jpg

wEBQpET.png

or Mechanized Assault and Exploration (M.A.X) was it?

WMfuvcA.gif

54vRrwu.jpg

CcFgXKX.png

Id love to see Ross do ONI, GTA 1 and 2 (also the London Mission Packs), and also do some of the Time Splitter games or serious sam games, Especially since I know I have the first Time Spliters on my PS2 and still play it with friends here and there and do some hardcore 4 player split screen, man I miss the old days when that was the norm

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Geo Political Simulator 2 aka Rulers of Nations would definitely be a good one or one of its sequels its a really niche game and it is extremely difficult and challenging but its also one of the best games to see what running a modern nation is like

Back by popular demand!