Questions for September videochat

Ross, what can change the nature of a man?

Meth, lots and lots of meth.

Hooray! another Planescape Torment fan I can talk to. How did you build the Nameless One? I made the Nameless One into a lawful good mage. I've been thinking about playing again. But this time I would make the Nameless One into a Chaotic Evil Fighter and see if anything's different.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

I noticed you have two threads for September questions.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8386

Anyway I think I'll go ahead and ask my questions here.

1. I noticed that Accursed Farms is no longer listed on Channel Awesome. Was it an error on there part or have you departed from that group? Has something happened recently between you and Channel Awesome? Is it something that you are able to share?

2. What do you think of Youtube's new 'Advertiser Friendly' monetization policy? https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6162278?hl=en

I feel that it curtails the freedoms that content creators have had on youtube and is almost borderline censorship. By keeping them from making money on their videos for something the company does not approve of. It seems easily abusable and way too vague. I know that youtube is a private company, but I feel like they might have overstep their bounds on this one. In fact it might be worth doing a Ross rant on.

3. Of the various game engines over the years ( Unreal 1,2,3,... Source, Gamebryo, Quake, etc...) which engine do you have a preference or are a fan of? Things like content, usability, the games that were made on it, or maybe just the overall look and feel of it.

4. What are some good single player mods that you would recommend off the top of your head?

5. Since you didn't really care for the endings for the original Deus Ex how would you have done the endings for the game? Or the climax of the game for that matter? What you have done differently making the game?

6. Early on the Deus Ex originally had plans to do a whole separate storyline if the players choose to stay with UNATCO instead of going rouge. It got cut for time and various other reasons of course. Do you think that kind of story route would've of worked? What do you think would've happened in that story thread? Do you think ultimately the developers made the right call by cutting it and instead focusing on polishing the going rouge story thread?

7. Do you have plans to cover the Wing Commander series? Or some of the other classic Origin studios games?

8. What is Polish TV like? Is it any good?

For Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Invisible War, which endings did you choose as your personal endings?

To expand on that question, if you had to rank the endings in each game in order of preference, how would you rank them?

Last question: How did you feel about having a character you played in the first game end up as a major NPC in the second game? I can't say I was too happy with the developers essentially wresting control of the character from the player and dictating their own vision of the character.

You've been obviously gaming for quite a while, I was wondering. What console did you grow up with? Or did you always have a PC?

^He's answered this before, but the short version is: He's never owned a console before, but used to play SNES through his friends, or was it neighbour. For PC, he grew up with the Commodore 64.

Welp, now what?

What happened with the September Videochat? I just checked Ross's twitch channel expecting it to start within a few hours like usual but his twitch channel says he broadcasted it 21 hours ago. I really wanted to join in on the live chat for the September videochat too and now I'm bummed out that I won't be able to since I missed it.

^That's probably a test a broadcast

This most definitely is the September videochat. It's two hours long and Ross is answering questions like he would normally. If you go over to his Twitch Channel

you'll see an option to watch the latest broadcast which was the September videochat. According to Twitch it happened yesterday. Something was messed up.

It hasn't happened yet. Maybe Ross was just testing a few things.

EDIT: Wait, it did?! I thought it was happening today (first Sunday of the month).

Yeah that's what I thought too. I don't know what happened.

^That's probably a test a broadcast

This most definitely is the September videochat. It's two hours long and Ross is answering questions like he would normally. If you go over to his Twitch Channel

you'll see an option to watch the latest broadcast which was the September videochat. According to Twitch it happened yesterday. Something was messed up.