Magda Conquers Black Mesa

I'm working on processing the epsiode right now.... probably will be ready in 2 hrs :P

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Here it is! MCBM episode 7!

047F7HsgAxQ

It's been more like 4 hours than 2!

I hope you like it! It's twice as long as most of episodes (SURPRISE!) and sound editing at the end part was a challenge! Let me know what you think about it! I appreaciate feedback!

Remember to subscribe :) Thanks!

Finally some action on the horizon. :D And good question, what is up with their lunches? Can you order pizza into Black Mesa? Who knows?

Also, i feel you got a hang of the mouse movement speed. It feels far less twitchy then in the beginning. (: Also, did you mean to do that hud blink in the middle? You played over it very well. Other then that, I didn't notice any editing problems.

I wonder, will you be actually playing the game or just walk through on god-mode like Ross?

Finally some action on the horizon. :D And good question, what is up with their lunches? Can you order pizza into Black Mesa? Who knows?

Also, i feel you got a hang of the mouse movement speed. It feels far less twitchy then in the beginning. (: Also, did you mean to do that hud blink in the middle? You played over it very well. Other then that, I didn't notice any editing problems.

I wonder, will you be actually playing the game or just walk through on god-mode like Ross?

Action coming! ;)

I meant to do hud blink in the middle. I got this idea when I recorded my first demo and forgot to turn off the hud.

I'm still new to some types of comments :D someone suggested that my hums and mumbling are an editing error :D where in fact, EVERYTHING in the episode is there for a reason. So yeah, this was carefully planned. Editing process doesn't let such things jump out, unles you have shitty software and behave incredibly sloppy while editing.

In fact, making things appearing random has to be planned the most carefully. Sometimes some audio files freak out but then I decide what to do with them ;)

I've always thought that Ross is actually PLAYING Half-Life :D Because he stills interacts with everything, not just ignores aliens and soldiers.

I know he uses god mode but with all the work involved into demo recording this is the best solution. So I will mostly use it too, especially with my "skillz", but be ready for unexpected things ;)

Thanks for your feedback!

Seems you have finally decided on a direction, the series is moving away from a let's play type deal, to more a quasi "mind series".

I think this episode was good, though I honestly thought what they get the AI in Black Mesa to say (that was not there in the original HL) was pretty damned hilarious.

Best of luck in pushing the series forward, though I would recommend maybe some sort of backstory if you want to do a more scripted type deal (Maybe Freeman got a sex change in Poland while he was super drunk/high?).

Just a thought :D

HERE IT IS! EPISODE 8!

uCU9fTkmm9g

Oh hey, a new episode! Thanks, Magda.

Nice handling of the 'dream' sequence. I like that you woke up in Black Mesa when you fell, I actually expected the whole episode to be in Portal as an April Fools joke, which makes it even funnier ;).

What does the Japanese text translate to? Google Translate got me 'To conquer the new world Etoile fearless'. Is it a reference to the conquest of Black Mesa?

Nice handling of the 'dream' sequence. I like that you woke up in Black Mesa when you fell, I actually expected the whole episode to be in Portal as an April Fools joke, which makes it even funnier ;).

What does the Japanese text translate to? Google Translate got me 'To conquer the new world Etoile fearless'. Is it a reference to the conquest of Black Mesa?

Thanks for your feedback! I wanted to make an April Fool's episode but I also wanted to continue the show since it has not that many episodes and I finally combined two ideas ;) I hope it surprised many people! Many, also in the future :)

The Japanese translation is of course made weird by google translate, I worte the text in Polish actually, sth like: The fearless Magda conquers.... aaand I forgot what I exactly wrote and I have no idea what kind of crazy algorithm produced a word "Etoile" I didn't! :D

Ps: Subscribe and show the show to your friends ;)Because YouTube makes new creators beg for subscriptions

Thanks for your feedback! I wanted to make an April Fool's episode but I also wanted to continue the show since it has not that many episodes and I finally combined two ideas ;) I hope it surprised many people! Many, also in the future :)

The Japanese translation is of course made weird by google translate, I worte the text in Polish actually, sth like: The fearless Magda conquers.... aaand I forgot what I exactly wrote and I have no idea what kind of crazy algorithm produced a word "Etoile" I didn't! :D

Ps: Subscribe and show the show to your friends ;)Because YouTube makes new creators beg for subscriptions

Well, it certainly did surprise me! And I'm looking forward to more of these surprises. They keep things fresh. It's like the HUD flashing once in that other episode, which you reacted to. Although you didn't react at all to the HUD showing up after the Portal sequence.

Perhaps Google translated Magda letter by letter and it somehow gave Etoile by retranslating it to English. I don't see Etoile being an English word, though. But perhaps it was translated sign by sign again and matched to anything Google could find in any language with the Latin alphabet.

Don't worry, I'm already subscribed :D

I present to you... something different! :lol:

i1Bnv2ALrgg

A-wN_JuG93o

Mystery Pigeon!

How do you like it? ... I know..... sound gets a bit off sync at the end;p

I've always thought that Ross is actually PLAYING Half-Life :D Because he stills interacts with everything, not just ignores aliens and soldiers.

I know he uses god mode but with all the work involved into demo recording this is the best solution. So I will mostly use it too, especially with my "skillz", but be ready for unexpected things ;)

It is amazing how much work actually goes into Freeman's Mind and I think a lot of people sort of didn't get that. I think people always assumed he was just playing it and talking over it, but it's far more complicated than that. I have a lot of respect for Ross for actually making it more than just a Let's Play.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

It is amazing how much work actually goes into Freeman's Mind and I think a lot of people sort of didn't get that. I think people always assumed he was just playing it and talking over it, but it's far more complicated than that. I have a lot of respect for Ross for actually making it more than just a Let's Play.

Thanks for the reply :) Now that I know even more with my own experience how it is to make a "mind" series and work with Source tools, I proclaim Ross a man with patience of a holy! :D

He's not so good in improv while playing (me neither :roll: ) and he records every line as many times as he needs to to make it sound perfect. This is one of the elements of the FM show high quality.

Yeah, I respect you for putting effort into it and not just making it like a LP. To me that's kind of lazy and not that interesting to just have someone lazily talking while playing something. It's more fun to experiment with this as an artform and try to give it some uniqueness.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Yeah, I respect you for putting effort into it and not just making it like a LP. To me that's kind of lazy and not that interesting to just have someone lazily talking while playing something. It's more fun to experiment with this as an artform and try to give it some uniqueness.

Wow, thanks :)

I assume that making a lazy thing or a copy of anothers' idea doeasn't make any sense... and I guess I should finish episode 9 soon ;p There's a few people wating for it :) It should show up about the weekend :mrgreen:

Here it is! Episode 9! A bit shorty... but processing and fixing took a few hours :P Enjoy!

Subscribe!

Tell your friends! :D

Z7x_4iNTJg4

Oh, nine now! Something good to watch while I commute later today. Thanks for the entertainment! :thumbup:

Oh, nine now! Something good to watch while I commute later today. Thanks for the entertainment! :thumbup:

Oh wow! Thank you!

It's been over a month since I relaeased anything and I feel bad about it... I have to work a lot to have as many subs as Ross... :P Thank you for your patience all my fans, next episode is coming!

....And possible totally different kind of a video... 8-)

Thanks, that was fun. :) Things are just getting interesting now, aren't they? Looking forward to more. :)

Thanks, that was fun. :) Things are just getting interesting now, aren't they? Looking forward to more. :)

Episode 10 is in production , but it's really hard to record when you can't listen to your own voice any more :( Ross is a tougher guy about that.