GOG Winter Games Thing 2

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

I finally got a time for the other event I'm entering in for the GOG Winter Games thing they're having. This is a competitive event I was invited to where I stream playing a game against other streamers and if I score well then people who sign up have increased odds of getting a prize, as I understand it so far. Here is the signup option, pick "Arstotzka" if you want to bet on me to try and get you free games.

The next game is Unreal Tournament for February 24th at 1pm EST with me at twitch.tv/rossbroadcast. You can also view all the contestants with e-sports style commentary at twitch.tv/gogcom.

My stream will be uploaded to the Accursed Farms Junk channel afterward. I don't know how it's going to go or what the format will be. If it's deathmatch, I'm only a so-so player. If it's onslaught, I'll definitely do some damage. Last time I did streaming with GOG, I think there was a fundamental miscommunication with how it would work, so it was a little chaotic, because people were talking at the same time I was planning to. This time, the idea is strangers will be talking on the stream before and in between rounds, but I'll have things muted and talk to the audience while the game is going. It's still a little bit disorienting to me, I guess this is why I'm not a professional streamer.

On that note, I'm sorry to say Freeman's Mind (and another video I'm working on) is running late, due mainly to complications I'm having with paperwork involved with staying in the country. I'm pretty sure I'll get it sorted out, but it's eaten up days of my time (I've had to visit the foreigner office 5 times in the past week and I'm still not done). Normally I would cancel a streaming event like this and just continue working on the videos to get them out sooner, but since this involves other people and prior commitments, I'm going through with it. The release time for both videos is as soon as possible, but realistically it will probably be early March. More videos!

COMMENTS

I joined the stream midway, thinking it was another game session with fans, and didn't figure out what was going for at least 20 minutes

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

This was absolutely amazing.

I knew from the very beginning that you'll murderize everyone.

Also, seeing that pretentious girl having her ass handed to her made my inner male chauvinist pig happy.

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

15 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

?

Did you post in the wrong thread? Is this one of those spam bots, which steals replies from other users? I've actually seen that happen a lot on YouTube.

I'm sorry but the context is completelly wrong in that post, I'm just not seeing how it's related to the thread.

Yeah he probably meant to post in another topic. I got excited when I saw  GOG WInter Games in my unread content page thinking there was going to be a similar event but oh well. Nothing to see here folks. Move along. 

Edited by Luis (see edit history)

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Yeah, no, it's just a spambot going off keywords. I would recommend people search the username off a forum spam blacklist (like Stop Forum Spam) if they're not sure about it.

3 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

What about this other guy? Or is he real?

Also a spammer.