Impending oil crisis and the Middle East

Sign in to follow this  

As most of you are aware we WILL run out of oil within our lifetimes . This will put the two major countries in the Middle East , Saudi Arabia and Iran at an impasse . There currently is an ongoing "mini" cold war between these 2 for influence over the region and currently Saudi Arabia is ahead mostly ( i would say exclusively ) due to its oil reserve and funding of Wahabism and other extremist muslim sects . The upcoming oil crisis will almost certainly collapse the two governments and here i ask you , what would the world look like then ? will this be a catalyst for diminishing global tension or would it just exacerbate our current problems ? My opinion is that a US backed Israel will expand its influence and power over the whole peninsula and it will crack down hard on any and all military disputes (as in Palestine might not exist anymore)

What makes you think we'll run out? There is no indication of that in any of the reports I've seen. (including some pretty grim looking ones I'm not authorized to have seen)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I don't think we'll run out of oil that fast... we'll run out of clear water, fish and bees (which means a huge majority of crops) way before that, and it will be worse because you can't find alternatives to water like you'd find alternatives to oil.

Okay, let's do some simple maths here. The Earth's oil supplies were formed by natural geological processes which occurred over millions of years. Oil consumption presently exceeds 25 billion barrels a year - and it's still rising. Law of diminishing returns, people. Power demand is already exceeding actual supplies. We've known this for a long time. That's why we've been spending the last 60 years trying to find alternate power sources. To say that there isn't an oil crisis is like saying that the world is not heating up, or that poverty and discrimination aren't still problems that we have to face.

Well, you might say I'm losing focus, kind of drifting into the abstract...

And that's like saying we should be looking into the Roswell aliens to make sure we can defend ourselves against their impending invasion. It's either so far away from something that will affect us that it's not worth doing anything yet, or it's nonsense conspiracy theories.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.