Games You've Finished Recently

Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Having not played it since 2010 which was my first time, I can say it hasn't exactly held up as well in memory as I hoped. It starts off really fun, and quickly becomes very annoying. Combat with the stronger opponents is severely lopsided and it resulted in numerous cheap deaths and needless frustration in an otherwise competently presented and well designed game. At least in the art and sound direction. A number of gameplay elements could've either been handled better or done away with altogether.

Finished Shadow Warrior Classic Redux's expansions and Cryptic Passage for Blood recently, going to be finishing Carmageddon II soon as I'm on the last group.

I re-finished Half-Life recently. It was still pretty good, especually with my custom skill.cfg. I can't get it right now, but it had 5x damage on the chest & limbs, 1x damage to the stomach, and 140x damage to the head, for both sides. Plus the enemies are just as dangerous, as you are, since they're given the same damage modifier buffs. All 9mm ammo was upgraded to 12 HP, pellets to 10, and .357 to 100. Once again for both sides.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

"Beat" Risk of Rain for the first time with the Commando. Providence was actually pretty easy even on HAHAHAHAHA Rainstorm difficulty, just needed to keep moving.

Long is the way; and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light-Paradise Lost

By the power of truth, while I live, I have conquered the universe-Faust

The only absolute is that there are no absolutes, except that one

Vae Victus-Brennus

Condemned: Criminal Origins.

It starts out strong with good atmosphere. But the combat is unforgivably repetitive,sluggish and the story gets worse as it goes on. I didn't care for the story at all. I was near the end and I had stopped due to sheer boredom. Once I picked it up again I rushed through the game just so I could finish it. Right now I have nothing but utter contempt for this game. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Right now I want slam my head into my desk and my brain wants to explode, fuck this game. Back to Dark Souls 1 for me, a game with good combat.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

I juuuust finished Dishonoured 2... not crazily different from the first game, but enough improvements to make it fun. Definitely one of the most original FPS on the market.

Dark Souls 1:

Well I did it, I beat the entire game with only mouse and keyboard.

I parried continuously Gwyn and proceeded to slice him several new ones with my +15 Great Scythe. Is that considered cheesing?

As I mentioned previously I chose to plunge Lordran into an age of darkness. Sacrificing myself in order to keep the fire going would've only delayed the age of darkness, not prevent it. As far as I'm concerned I'd rather be completely fucked than less fucked and more fucked later on.

Now onto DS2.

Dark Souls 1:

Well I did it, I beat the entire game with only mouse and keyboard.

I parried continuously Gwyn and proceeded to slice him several new ones with my +15 Great Scythe. Is that considered cheesing?

As I mentioned previously I chose to plunge Lordran into an age of darkness. Sacrificing myself in order to keep the fire going would've only delayed the age of darkness, not prevent it. As far as I'm concerned I'd rather be completely fucked than less fucked and more fucked later on.

Now onto DS2.

Technically parrying Gwyn is considered cheesing since his parry windows are huge and predictable, and he takes a lot of critical damage

And technically the canon ending is linking the fire, since the events of Dark Souls 3 wouldn't happen otherwise

the name's riley

From what I understand both are inevitabilities, the world shifting between ages of light and dark even without the influence of others and interference only delaying one or the other. The flame will inevitably die as will it inevitably be reborn.

Retired Forum Moderator

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Now onto Prisoner of Aazkaban! When I get my hands on it...

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

StarCraft II

So, I have beaten the campaign on all three races on Normal mode. Dunno if I'll attempt them on harder difficulty, though

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

Dark Souls 2:

Now before I begin all hail King Gelu.

dJSTVpN.png

It wasn't apparent on the character creation screen. But apparently I made him so white he's fucking beaming. I didn't mean to but he's practically a ghost given how white he is.

While I do miss the depressing melancholic atmosphere and great level design of Dark Souls 1 Dark Souls 2 is by no means a bad game IMO. There were quite a few repeats in terms of themes and bosses but there were some moments where I think Dark Souls 2 found it's own identity.

The Black Gulch and Shrine of Amana levels kept me on my toes. The Black Gulch is freaking intense and I loved how the Shrine of Amana was designed to keep you moving. The Shrine of Amana in particular was my favorite area in Dark Souls 2.

Scorpioness Najka, Iron King, Throne Defender and Throne watcher were lesser rip offs of Quelaag, Ceaseless Discharge, Ornstein and Smough. The Lost Sinner is almost exactly like Gwyn but honestly I think the Lost Sinner is a lot better than Gwyn simply because he can't be parried. If you try to parry the Lost Sinner you'll get your ass handed to you. I also thought Demon of Song was really fun to fight against.

Once again I beat Dark Souls 2 with Mouse and Keyboard. I tried using the gamepad I got for Christmas but my hands violently protested. I couldn't stand how slow the camera turned with the analog stick as opposed to the mouse. The camera movement also felt really stiff so in the end I went back to walking on my hands because that's what that felt natural to me. I can't go back to walking on my feet after started walking on my hands in Dark Souls 1.

I'm kind of tempted to doing a company of champions playthrough from scratch. But I'm gonna do my Dark Souls 1 pyromancer run first.

Feel free to tell me I belong in a mental asylum if what I'm saying is absolutely insane. :P