Nintendo Switch

I'm real keen on getting it for Zelda: BoTW and Street fighter 2 when it gets released but I think I'm gonna wait it out a bit just to see if anything gets announced that peaks my interest.

You think your Wu-Tang sword can defeat me?

I have a Wii U since 2015 and friggin loved it. First console since the GameCube, I skipped thw ii generation as I got into PC gaming way more. I played BotW on the Wii U, about 120 hours into it and I loved it except for the technical shortcomings. The game runs at 1280 x 720 with what seems to be trilinear filtering, no form of AA and is truly jaggy. I'm not sure if I noticed this way more because played it on a 768p screen. The framerate drops a lot more tha the Switch version (it has got better with updates though). Seen it emulated in CemU at 4K 30FPS or 1080p 60 FPS with AA and AF is truly amazing. If you guys are able to I highly suggest emulating it on PC. Playing at 1080p, 30FPS with some AF would already be WAY better than what the switch or Wii U could offer and I don't believe it requires more than an average PC gaming build (4 core CPU at least 2nd gen i5, some 2013-2014 mid-tier to high tier GPU)

As for the Switch itself, a friend of mine is very convinced Nintendo did a Soft launch here. It's getting better with Arms, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey coming soon. Fifa 17 might give it a kick too and if that oes well it may gain momentum with 3rd party publishers but we'll see. I'm getting one as a Nintendo Fan boy and specially Splatoon fanboy as soon as i can afford one.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I will probably buy one in October when Mario is out. Maybe then they will put production into over drive as their big new game is out. I hope Nintendo keeps rolling with this design. It really is cool, and if they just keep using Nvidia's new chips progressively we may have full backwards compatibility between Switch console generations.

So Doom and Wolfenstein 2 are coming out on Switch. I'm so getting one now.

DOOM's confirmed to run at 30 fps, and Wolfenstein 2 will probably be the same. Obviously that's counteracted by the fact that it's portable, so if portability > framerate for you, go for it. Just something to be aware of.

So Doom and Wolfenstein 2 are coming out on Switch. I'm so getting one now.

DOOM's confirmed to run at 30 fps, and Wolfenstein 2 will probably be the same. Obviously that's counteracted by the fact that it's portable, so if portability > framerate for you, go for it. Just something to be aware of.

People who know me know that framerates generally don't matter to me. I grew up with games that ran at sub-20 fps at best, so anything above to me is luxury and I'm kinda used to it.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com