Mass Effect: Thread

Never played any... What kind of gameplay/graphics/genre are they?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

RPG/third person shooter. Graphics are pretty good, amazing story, gameplay... is a lot better in the second, but the first is worth playing to. All in all it's a sci-fi game that rivals most sci-fi movies I've seen, I'd highly recommend it.

third person shooter

I can't stand TPS... I had GoW for a little, didn't even get past making a mini-trainer for it... (level 2 when I finished the trainer)

If I can find a mod or code or something that makes it FPS, then I'll probly try it.

It's very different from GoW though. You rely on class-based abilities as much as you do weaponry, for starters. It's also far more immersive. Frightengly immersive for a TPS.

So closer to the TPS sections of Vegas 2, or Dead Space 2? (though DS2 kinda sucked IMO)

I prefer the combat in Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2, bar the dumb idiots that charge at you to point blank.

Sovereign is probably one of my favorite Villains of any video game; one which unabashedly is evil, has no remorse or mercy and is non-human.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

The third-person view is more like- third person that switches to second person( or over the shoulder ) when you aim. Not really like GOW's 3rd person view

I prefer the combat in Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2

I did like the way the weapons worked better in ME than ME2, but I like the powers and cooldown better in ME2, allows for a more noticeable difference in each class. And I love biotic charge.

Sovereign is probably one of my favorite Villains of any video game; one which unabashedly is evil, has no remorse or mercy and is non-human.

No doubt. The first time I ever spoke to him was one of the most (and one of the only) chilling video game experiences I've had.

The third-person view is more like- third person that switches to second person( or over the shoulder ) when you aim. Not really like GOW's 3rd person view

Maybe it's been too long since I last played GoW, but I thought it also did the sort of 2nd person view whenever you aimed.

I honestly couldn't bring myself to keep playing through ME1. Mass Effect 2 was amazing and I played through it like 5 times, but not ME1.

I guess I'll have to give it a try to really find out for sure if I can stand it...

And yes, GoW1 had the second-person when aiming...

It is worth playing through the first game, BTG, as you can carry over your completed game file to the second game, and the choices you made in the first game affect the second game in noticeable ways, and the choices from both these games will have even farther reaching consequences in Mass Effect 3.

I'm impressed by how deep the games are and how you as a player can influence the turn of the story. It takes the whole interactive movie thing to a whole new level imo.

Definetely. What I really liked was how much mythology is behind the series even in the first game. You've got all these different alien species with their own histories, cultures, personality traits, it's all very thoroughly written.

I dunno Geneaux, I haven't played GOW since GOW II

Same here. Think I'll pick up that triple pack thing.

I LOVE Mass effect. I'm playing through the second game on Insanity for the first time right now with a Sentinel.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I've never played a Sentinel, but from what I've heard that's a good choice for an insanity playthrough, I hear that kinetic armor they have can take a lot of damage.

This is the first time playing a sentinel for me. Tech armor is a lifesaver on insanity. I was using barrier as an "Oh S***!" button on my adept and I decided to take the class that had one built in this time. it doesn't hold up as much as you want, but 5 extra seconds against a praetorian is life or death.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

The praetorians were so damn frustrating. At least you only fight two of them. Fighting them on insanity was about the only point where playing a Vanguard seemed like a terrible idea.

I did the collector ship earlier tonight, did the whole thing without dying! I felt awesome. Do you have the firepower pack weapons? All three kick serious ass.

i played through me1 on my 360 but i want to play me2 on the pc. is there any way to transfer my save files? i dont want to play through the whole campaign again.