It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:52 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 19 of 30   [ 593 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 30  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:47 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:06 pm
Location: Fucking, Austria
Reputation: -/+
Kirkreng wrote:
Dude, spoilers.

This.
Spoiler: show
And even then there is a way for Shepard to survive, anyway.

But regardless, Biowares considering changing/making a new ending, anyway.

__________________

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:26 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:08 am
Location: Defending Tomorrow, Today!
Reputation: -/+
And supposedly its going to be free. Should be, but honestly I would pay, I've loved this series too much to see it end that way. Hold the line.

__________________

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:57 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:17 pm
Location: Shrapnel City
Reputation: -/+
If it will stop all the whining, I'm all for it...

__________________

Alyxx' Game Room


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:40 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: On the farms, being accursed
Reputation: -/+
Why is it "whining" all of the sudden? What's wrong with consumers having a voice?

__________________

¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:47 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:06 pm
Location: Fucking, Austria
Reputation: -/+
Because the voices were all complaints, and most of the reasoning was just nitpicks. It's selfish to demand...DEMAND a new ending, it doesn't matter how bad it is. And at first I thought Bioware was gonna ignore it, it's like Alyxx demanding a better remake of Dreamfall, it just doesn't happen.

__________________

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:09 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:17 pm
Location: Shrapnel City
Reputation: -/+
Feels like whining to me. But I haven't played ME3 yet so I don't really have any opinion yet.

__________________

Alyxx' Game Room


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:33 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:02 am
Reputation: -/+
Kirkreng wrote:
Why is it "whining" all of the sudden? What's wrong with consumers having a voice?


It's not whining all of a sudden, it's been whining the whole time. Demanding a new ending where one isn't needed and trying to strongarm average user ratings down (in most cases ONLY because of the ending) is within their rights as consumers, but it's also in our right to call it what it is.

Quote:
But regardless, Biowares considering changing/making a new ending, anyway.


Not only would that be a terrible idea, but it would also set a terrible precedent. Mob mentality forcing artists to alter their works after the fact? This whole thing has gotten fucking stupid.

Also, this:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... e-ftc.aspx

Did someone from Bioware put a gun to this guy's head and force him to purchase Mass Effect 3?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:24 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:06 pm
Location: Fucking, Austria
Reputation: -/+
Yeah, that kind of crap is just complete absurdity. It's one thing to complain on the internet, it's another to take it SOOOO seriously you take legal action against it. That's pathetic. This is just gonna take time away from other DLC actually worth the time.

__________________

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:02 am
Reputation: -/+
This just about sums it up for me:

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/03/16


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:17 pm
Location: Shrapnel City
Reputation: -/+
I don't really care anymore. People can say whatever they want, it's not gonna stop me from buying the game.

__________________

Alyxx' Game Room


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:54 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:06 pm
Location: Fucking, Austria
Reputation: -/+
Well, after two straight weeks, my cousin is finally done with Mass Effect 3, and it's about freakin' time. Hopefully I'll be able to get it back by this weekend so I can relay my thoughts on the matter. (and finally be able to read the spoiler tags XD)

__________________

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:21 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:33 am
Location: New Zealand
Reputation: -/+
Quote:
This just about sums it up for me:

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/03/16


Straw man. Nobody's asking for a happy Disney ending.

Quote:
It's not whining all of a sudden, it's been whining the whole time. Demanding a new ending where one isn't needed and trying to strongarm average user ratings down (in most cases ONLY because of the ending) is within their rights as consumers, but it's also in our right to call it what it
is.

GAMUR ENTITLEMINT BAWWWWW.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:22 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: On the farms, being accursed
Reputation: -/+
Geneaux486 wrote:
It's not whining all of a sudden, it's been whining the whole time. Demanding a new ending where one isn't needed and trying to strongarm average user ratings down (in most cases ONLY because of the ending) is within their rights as consumers, but it's also in our right to call it what I feel it is.

ftfy

I don't approve of demanding a new ending to starting lawsuits. However I don't think the "whining" should go unnoticed.
When so many customers are upset about your product, you did something wrong. That is my point.

But that doesn't seem to matter because apparently you can get full refunds on both Amazon and Origin. Even after you have played through the game. Legal piracy basically.

__________________

¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:48 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 am
Location: 38°16'48.96"N, 104°34'9.42"W - Don't forget to -rep me.
Reputation: -/+
Kirkreng wrote:
But that doesn't seem to matter because apparently you can get full refunds on both Amazon and Origin. Even after you have played through the game. Legal piracy basically.

Why bother? Torrents are faster and cheaper...

__________________

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:11 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:02 am
Reputation: -/+
Kirkreng wrote:
Geneaux486 wrote:
It's not whining all of a sudden, it's been whining the whole time. Demanding a new ending where one isn't needed and trying to strongarm average user ratings down (in most cases ONLY because of the ending) is within their rights as consumers, but it's also in our right to call it what I feel it is.

ftfy

I don't approve of demanding a new ending to starting lawsuits. However I don't think the "whining" should go unnoticed.
When so many customers are upset about your product, you did something wrong. That is my point.


The logical fallacy of the majority automatically being right aside, no one's saying they shouldn't be unnoticed. They should be acknowleged, challenged, and disproven.

Quote:
GAMUR ENTITLEMINT


Yep.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:19 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:17 pm
Location: Shrapnel City
Reputation: -/+
Kirkreng wrote:
When so many customers are upset about your product, you did something wrong. That is my point.

One guy starts pointing it out, others join in just to have something to bitch about so they can feel important. People are sheep, have always been, will always be.

If someone starts making a big deal out of it, others are quick to join in and whine as loud as he, or louder, especially when it's something people take as seriously as Mass Effect.

It's just a game, for ****'s sake...

__________________

Alyxx' Game Room


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:05 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:02 am
Reputation: -/+
Yeah. I can understand why people didn't like the ending (sort of), but to say that the outcry over it is proof that the ending is factually bad gives internet mob mentality way more credit than it deserves.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:13 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 am
Location: 38°16'48.96"N, 104°34'9.42"W - Don't forget to -rep me.
Reputation: -/+
Geneaux486 wrote:
Yeah. I can understand why people didn't like the ending (sort of), but to say that the outcry over it is proof that the ending is factually bad gives internet mob mentality way more credit than it deserves.

Agreed. It isn't the best, but it definitely isn't anywhere near bad enough for any serious reduction of ratings. I've seen much higher rated & hyped games get better ratings with absolutely horrible endings.

__________________

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:43 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:06 pm
Location: Fucking, Austria
Reputation: -/+
Yeah, most of my friends agree it was 'good' or 'alright'. They still unanimously think that ME2's ending was better, though.

__________________

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect: Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:09 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 am
Location: 38°16'48.96"N, 104°34'9.42"W - Don't forget to -rep me.
Reputation: -/+
ME2 was designed to be followed by ME3, they already had the story made for it. ME3 was supposed to be the end, and the ending reflects that very well IMO.

__________________

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it.


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 19 of 30   [ 593 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 30  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net