Underrated Xbox 360 games.

Sign in to follow this  

I'm looking for games to play (I'm primarily a single player guy, but I'll do multiplayer too.) I want to know what are some good underrated (overlooked) xbox 360 games? I don't care if they are old (the cheaper in price the better tbh). Any genre is fine (Keep in mind I don't have kinetic.)

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I was a fan of The Darkness when it first came out. It's like an FPS with a hint of stealth, and it's pretty old.

"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, EVERYONE DIES!" - Gordon Freeman

It's called Kinect, not "kinetic". Just to correct you on that.

Anyway, never owned a 360 so I'm not really aware of any games for it. I'd recommend Psychonauts if that came out on it.

Psychonauts was on the PS2, I remember renting it (I did not complete it, I might go out and get it though.)

I was a fan of The Darkness when it first came out. It's like an FPS with a hint of stealth, and it's pretty old.

I remember seeing like 1 look at this game on G4 and I completely forgot about it. I might check it out.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

If Super Meat Boy is on the 360 (I think it is) you should get that as it's a great platformer on the PC (but they recommend that it be played with a controller).

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

BulletWitch nuff said.

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

Duke Nukem Forever got a bad rap, especially the console edition, but it's one of the best games out there for pure fun if you can overlook a few minor issues. If you like something story-based and enjoy Stephen King-style books I recommend Alan Wake.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Call of Duty 5.

It had some very memorable levels: the Russian sniper level, the Black Cats level (a rail shooter, but a well executed rail shooter, nonetheless), and the tank level.

Sgt. Reznov is too funny. DIMITRI, READY THE FLAMETHROWER. WE COULD BE BURNING GERMANS RIGHT NOW!

I don't really think Call of Duty 5 counts as underrated...

"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, EVERYONE DIES!" - Gordon Freeman

I'd probably say Mirrors Edge. It is a bit flawed but still a great game and pretty cheap.

I enjoyed both the Darkness and Mirror's Edge. No better time to try the Darkness again with a sequel coming out.

The Darkness and Mirror's Edge have both been said, but I'll agree with those.

One game that I really loved, but not a lot of others did, was "Enslaved: Odyssey to the West."

The story isn't original and the gameplay is so linear it may as well have been on a rail, but I still really enjoyed playing through it.

Enslaved

Just Cause 2

Supreme Commander 2 and 1

Force Unleashed 1

Vanquish

They're all I can think of for the moment.

Fascinating new stuff to enrich your gaming

Links removed due to advertising a website.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Blue Dragon. Oh my god, is this game amazing. At least to me. A JRPG that actually makes grinding somewhat enjoyable. Some stupid moments and character design is silly but again - it's a JRPG. And to top it off the art design is led by I believe Akira Toriyama who did Dragon Ball, so you can kinda tell it'd be over the top. But honestly, I love the game. But I don't see it mentioned anywhere. In fact I got it in a bargain bin at Wal-Mart for 10 bucks. The gameplay is standard turn based combat and searching everything in the room for items (that gets annoying after a while), and surprisingly fun story based minigames. So, If you're into JRPGs and have enough patience to play through the whole thing, I highly recommend it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

If you plan on having Live, even if you do play mainly single player, look for a game called "I made a game with zombies in it" in the indie section of where you buy games via Live. It's just a basic shootemup, but you can have up to four friends playing it with you. I'd say it's a pretty fun arcade game, or just a time waster. Plus it's one dollar. One.

I have to agree on the Force Unleashed. It has a strong story and is pretty fun to play. The second was a pretty massive disappointment though.