Describe your perfect video game

Sign in to follow this  

As the title says, let's hear your perfect video game, if it's already made, then tell us about it. If there's a game out there that someone else has described, yet they don't know about it, please inform them about it in a nice way. I'll start, seeing as I'm the one that thought about it. Also, it doesn't have to be in complete sentences or anything, if it's just a list, then it's a list. For me, it's parkour/freerunning themed, like Mirror's Edge, but, it's true free-roam/open world/sandbox/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. It has Singleplayer/solo/ Co-op/Multiplayer*, achievements, and leaderboards. It has character customization, which is required, no real story. It'll be on PC, PS3, and X-Box 360. Some (if not all) gamemodes would be: Tag, Race, Capture The Flag, King Of The Hill, Free-roam/Free-for-all, and Team Race. There would be a RPG/level up kind of thing, where the higher your level, the more/better your abilities, oh and all matches would be ranked, so a level one, who's stuck with just a basic 3 step vertical wall-run isn't against a level 50 who has everything. Oh and if possible, no "one button does it all". So, what's your perfect video game?

*Basically, like Brink, it'll be, you'll go solo, and people can drop in/out whenever, up to 64 players per server, and if solo, there would be bots.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Basically Mass Effect but with graphics that look like real life, AI so advanced they can respond with an unlimited amount of responses realistically to whatever you say. (with Kinect or whatever) Being able to import your own face, put in your real name and characters will actually call you by that, and amazing gameplay where, again, do whatever you want, single player or multiplayer. And there's SO MUCH shit to do you never get bored of it. But, let it also have a great overarching story that determines the fate of the galaxy or somethin'.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

An endless Half-Life 2 on the source engine.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

An endless Half-Life 2 on the source engine.

^ - this, but so that it loads as quickly as HL1, doesn't use Steam or any other DRM and has a working DemoSmoother + machinima tools which simple people (like me) can actually use...

Regards

Virtual reality indistinguishable from real life. Imagine exploring a world like Skyrim from the shoes of your character. You'd taste the food, feel the weight of the sword and armor. Maybe they could even recreate the feeling of energy coursing through your body when you fire off a self healing spell. Just imagine for a moment how awesome that would be.

Virtual reality indistinguishable from real life. Imagine exploring a world like Skyrim from the shoes of your character. You'd taste the food, feel the weight of the sword and armor. Maybe they could even recreate the feeling of energy coursing through your body when you fire off a self healing spell. Just imagine for a moment how awesome that would be.

That sounds more like the perfect system instead of the perfect game.

I actually have a very accurate idea of a perfect game, but since i cant patent an idea im not gonna risk getting ripped off by one of you little snakes ;) .

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

You can't have the perfect game without the perfect system.

And the awesome feelings of pain as you took a sword to the chest and an arrow to the knee.

But the topic is about the perfect game, now that you have described the perfect system, what would be like the perfect game in that system?

But the topic is about the perfect game, now that you have described the perfect system, what would be like the perfect game in that system?

Call of Duty. Imagine the pain of being shot by campers constantly.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Well, as I said, a game like Skyrim, with a massive open world would be the best choice for virtual reality. Having a strictly linear or chapter based system would feel too contrived to fit with the realism.

I think a science fiction or fantasy game, set in an open world, I would dig the most. Being in a world that's unbelievable and fantastical would be 10x better than exploring a totally realistic world, because it would be like living in a dream.

Gameplay in a truly realistic game would need to be unstructured and unorganized. If there's a chair nearby, with a guy sitting on it, you should be able to pick it up and smash it over a person's head. It shouldn't be disqualified from such action because it's not *categorized* as a weapon. The same would go for the rest of the gameplay. You'd be given basic goals from AI characters, but it would be entirely up to you to figure out how to proceed. There would be no HUD or map system in a virtual reality of course, so you would have to purchase or draw a map yourself, and keep track of it manually. You'd have to store things physically in pouches and belts. There would be no hard limit on what you can carry, but you'd feel physically weighed down if you tried to carry too much.

Anyway, yeah, basically I would want to step into a real world and explore.

:lol: That would end up being an issue in violent games... Perhaps the game could have an option to limit painful sensations... People wouldn't be laughing about taking arrows in knees if they had to actually feel it.

:lol: That would end up being an issue in violent games... Perhaps the game could have an option to limit painful sensations... People wouldn't be laughing about taking arrows in knees if they had to actually feel it.

Options:

Pain levels:

OFF I I I I I I TICKLES I I I I I IT ONLY HURTS WHEN I DIE I I I I I I I I I MASOCHIST I I I I I I I PAIN KILLERS REQUIRED

I've thought a lot on virtual reality games like that but the only way I'd really like it to happen would be to literally teleport into the game by use of machine, which as far as I know is impossible. Wearing a VR helmet wouldn't be the same and having a giant virtual reality arena would probably be too expensive. And if it came to being hurt, pain simulation would be cool for all those 'hardcore' gamers, but I'd probably just keep it on something like, vibrates uncomfortably in the spot you're hit.

But hey, being able to explore your world would mean nobody would be out of shape, amiright?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I've thought a lot on virtual reality games like that but the only way I'd really like it to happen would be to literally teleport into the game by use of machine, which as far as I know is impossible. Wearing a VR helmet wouldn't be the same and having a giant virtual reality arena would probably be too expensive. And if it came to being hurt, pain simulation would be cool for all those 'hardcore' gamers, but I'd probably just keep it on something like, vibrates uncomfortably in the spot you're hit.

But hey, being able to explore your world would mean nobody would be out of shape, amiright?

Well, in my own far into the future idea, the game would run by intercepting and inserting brain functions directly, kind of like the Matrix.

Well, in my own far into the future idea, the game would run by intercepting and inserting brain functions directly, kind of like the Matrix.

So if you die in game, you die in real life?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

So if you die in game, you die in real life?

The body cannot live without the mind...

a3b73060996993e28c4fd8074a6c021f.jpg

Seriously though, I'd say that when you die you'd just suddenly be ejected from the game or perhaps if it's a more lenient game, immediately respawn at the last checkpoint.