This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.
I understand.
It is currently Thu May 26, 2016 9:25 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Sid Meier's Civilization VI
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:19 am 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/289070/
IT'S COMING AND I'M SUPER EXCITED
2016 is looking like a great year so far

"If I kept every anvil it dropped on my head I'd have a very impressive collection of anvils"

Post subject: Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:40 am 

I'm pumped! Can't wait for this one. X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.
-------
PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:19 am 

it looks stupid- too cartoonish. They probably are going to try to push it out on tabs & maybe even mobiles as well, but probably do it so badly its going to fail.
Shame really, as features look promising.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Profile  Online 

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:53 am 

Meelis13 wrote:
it looks stupid- too cartoonish. They probably are going to try to push it out on tabs & maybe even mobiles as well, but probably do it so badly its going to fail.
Shame really, as features look promising.

this sentiment is getting to me
just because the visuals are more colourful and vibrant doesn't make them cartoonish
i'd definitely say it looks more realistic than civ 5 even
and civ 6 has no place in the tablet/mobile market, that's where their smaller releases like civ revolution go
"it looks like a cartoony freemium game!"
it looks like a big step up from civ 5 and a HUGE step up from civ BE

"If I kept every anvil it dropped on my head I'd have a very impressive collection of anvils"

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:43 pm 

How much info there is on this? I have only seen that one trailer with narration which shows absolutely 0 in respect of the actual game. Is it going to be a slightly upgraded CIV5? Beyond earth was such a disappointment - just a mod for civ5 tbh.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/treithop

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:47 pm 

are you for real? ok, you can argue maybe mountain textures, but overall it looks more realistic than V? Its cartoon. Btw- graphics are usually one of things i am least critical about, but it definetly gets me here

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Profile  Online 

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:42 pm 

Man, just get a mod to replace the textures! You'll be right. X3 The texture won't kill you.

But oh Geez, it is a definite improvement to BE. From what I can remember... They're making the game even more strategic now. So all your buildings such as libraries and granaries or whatever need to actually be placed on a tile. Some tiles give you more benefits than others, depending on what building you're putting on what tile.
The research system is also getting a change - in that you can actively do things to make your city research faster.
There's a lot of new stuff with Civ personalities, you'll be able to partner units on the same tile more than before so it's easier to get around shit, and apparently they're making some sort of mode or something you can do that makes the game a whole lot faster to play and win.
That's from memory though.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.
-------
PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:18 pm 

Fric wrote:
How much info there is on this? I have only seen that one trailer with narration which shows absolutely 0 in respect of the actual game. Is it going to be a slightly upgraded CIV5? Beyond earth was such a disappointment - just a mod for civ5 tbh.

all the info is on the civilization website
http://franchise.civilization.com/en/ga ... zation-vi/
there are some pretty huge changes, including pseudo-unit stacking and districts that make cities occupy more than 1 tile
i'm assuming certain world wonders are actually tile improvements now, but i'm not entirely sure
also judging by the world generation civ 6 seems to be running a slightly different engine

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:13 pm 

Location: 38°16'48.96"N, 104°34'9.42"W - Don't forget to -rep me.
Just seems like iteration instead of innovation... I still have yet to see the level of capability we had for Civ 2 and Civ 4. (apart from the graphics being prettier)

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]