So why is DarkSpore "impossible" to crack?

Sign in to follow this  

I've been learning reverse engineering and getting really into it for the past few months, and I have heard alot of people saying that Dark Spore is impossible to be cracked because of what is done to the data. "It doesn't exist" is what I've been told when asking about it, which is extremely vague and weird.

Does Dark Spore do something weird like delete all of the data after it's closed? Can someone give me just a quick rundown of why it's impossible to crack?

I think... Cause it's a multiplayer based game, all the data belongs on the servers that EA own. You can't crack something that just isn't in your possession. It's an online only game so. There's no data to work with. It's all with EA.

I THINK. I'm not sure exactly.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Cracking removes protection to extract existing information. That's the key here.

DarkSpore's assets and some functionality are stored locally, but a major part of it was stored remotely - on EA's servers. Once they shut them down, you can no longer access that data, and therefore cracking it will not help.

You can try to restore it by replicating the server. But since we don't have all of the data, the replication is likely to be inaccurate. That process is called "server emulation", and it really needs a dedicated fan base - not only to get people with the technical know-how, but also because it needs a massive amount of data points to achieve accuracy. DarkSpore, as far as I know, didn't have it when it was still online - and is therefore gone forever (unless EA has a backup/server data somewhere).

Cracking removes protection to extract existing information. That's the key here.

DarkSpore's assets and some functionality are stored locally, but a major part of it was stored remotely - on EA's servers. Once they shut them down, you can no longer access that data, and therefore cracking it will not help.

You can try to restore it by replicating the server. But since we don't have all of the data, the replication is likely to be inaccurate. That process is called "server emulation", and it really needs a dedicated fan base - not only to get people with the technical know-how, but also because it needs a massive amount of data points to achieve accuracy. DarkSpore, as far as I know, didn't have it when it was still online - and is therefore gone forever (unless EA has a backup/server data somewhere).

+1

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.