Tabletop Simulator

It took me one search to figure out that there's no topic about Tabletop Simulator. Let's fix that!

So what is Tabletop Simulator? Well, it's exactly what it says on the tin: you can play tabletop games with this. Card games, chess, D&D - you name it. The controls take a bit of a time to get used to, but other than that, it's a good game to play with friends, and it's one of those simulators which are worth playing! And nope, you won't find any goats in there!... I think.

WARNING: It often has quite a healthy diet of a full plate of time! Don't overfeed it please, or it'll start to tire you out!

From my personal opinion: Not only I liked this game, it has a quite large workshop content, and many famous\infamous games made it there thanks to community. Yes, Cards Against Humanity is there too.

So in short: if you don't have it, please consider getting it. Unless you don't like tabletop games, that is. Or if you already have it: if you have any stories to share - go ahead!

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

Last time I played this game, it was extremely broken. Kept getting disconnected, physics was messed up, pieces of boards kept flying everywhere as if they developed a sudden irrational fear of the table. I need to ask though, has it gotten any better? I don't have anyone to play it with, so I can't really go testing it out.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Last time I played this game, it was extremely broken. Kept getting disconnected, physics was messed up, pieces of boards kept flying everywhere as if they developed a sudden irrational fear of the table. I need to ask though, has it gotten any better? I don't have anyone to play it with, so I can't really go testing it out.

Well, last time I played, it was stable. Although sometimes, when you throw three or more dices, it happens that they fly apart from collision. And sometimes cards don't go into the deck as intended. Other than that: it's good

Also I never once was disconnected from the server because of a game's whim

A.K.A. UberCatSR

--------

Is there a free version? If there is, I'd be happy to join in on a D&D 3.5 event...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Is there a free version? If there is, I'd be happy to join in on a D&D 3.5 event...

No, unfortunately. I guess it would be best to wait for a steam sale, so you can buy the game at a good price. Or, if you're not worried about spending money, you can just pay 20 dollars and be done with it

Then there's the pirate way, but seeing as the game is multiplayer-based... yeah, I'd suggest sticking to the first option.

Also, when you mentioned "free version", I decided to go and see whether I can find games similar to Tabletop Simulator. Found a bunch, but most of them simulate particular tabletop games and just stick with them. I also found TableTopia (it's on Steam), but: 1) it's still in development, albeit with Early Access, and 2) judging by the reviews, I doubt this is any better than Tabletop Simulator, but we'll see if it'll get a full release

A.K.A. UberCatSR

--------

Well, if it drops in price, I might get it... Otherwise, no D&D 3.5 session. :`(

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.