Remembering some old games

Sign in to follow this  

So I have been putting together a list of games I played in the past for a while now. Most of what I remembered I could find, sometimes I just randomly find something I know I played (mostly old freeware stuff) but then there are games which I can describe quite well but I still just can't find them without knowing their name.

So I would like to ask for help with a few of these:

1)

It's a 3D hack and slash from top down (or close to isometric) perspective. Visualy it looked like an asian game, not realistic but stylized, models were low poly (somewhere on the level of final fantasy 7).

I presume it had english translation. It ran on Windows XP (or maybe even Vista). I played it sometime between 2003 and 2010.

I think the game had option for cooperation on one machine (so two players on one keyboard). You could select from different characters with different abilities. It was a fantasy game so the characters were warrior, paladin, mage etc.

I think the levels were small and could fit whole on the screen, there were some monsters to fight but I don't remember how do you progress to other levels (door? kill all monsters? survival?) and I don't remember if there was any character progression.

2)

I believe I played a demo of this one. It was a 2D game from top down perspective where you control a train. You could connect to different railroad cars, some had guns. Map was made of different rail paths and the goal was to destroy enemy railroad cars and trains. There was also a way how to repair (might have been using a train station).

I think the game setting was sci-fi and the trains might have been robots. Graphics were colorful, not realistic. Played it around the year 2000 or later. It ran on Windows 98 or XP.

Found the first one!

It's Knight of Knights, popular freeware action game released in 2009. I see my memory of it was a bit hazy, but close enough.

I don't want to come out as ungrateful but how do 2D robot trains with guns make you think Microsoft Train Simulator?

The only connection I see here is trains.

I don't want to come out as ungrateful but how do 2D robot trains with guns make you think Microsoft Train Simulator?

The only connection I see here is trains.

When I've read the description, that's the name that came to my mind straight away. The Simulator and the Army Train Shooter, but I decided to suggest that one. Never really played them tho, a friend of mine did, so I am not familiar with their exact essence. I just wanted to suggest what came to my mind hoping it will help you somehow, didn't really give it that deep thought, sorry if it's not relevant..

gh0st_hunt

When I've read the description, that's the name that came to my mind straight away. The Simulator and the Army Train Shooter, but I decided to suggest that one. Never really played them tho, a friend of mine did, so I am not familiar with their exact essence. I just wanted to suggest what came to my mind hoping it will help you somehow, didn't really give it that deep thought, sorry if it's not relevant..

It's fine. It's just that your guess was so far off that in your place I would consider it to be unecessary to post.