In the event that anyone reads this, here are the general rules for the forum:
1. Try not to be a jerk. Maybe I've been working on Civil Protection too long, but I'd prefer to see some civil discussion here. This is intentionally vague, like most constitutions. It's a nice blanket rule to catch anything not specified.
2. Don't insult people unless it's obviously a joke. While this is a rather radical concept for the internet, I don't see much good coming out personal insults towards anyone here. This doesn't mean you can't attack another person's concepts, statements, and arguments, but if you're reverting to outright insults, it really casts doubt on whatever point it is you're trying to make and is unlikely to contribute anything productive.
3. Don't make child pornography jokes or comments, directly or implied. For reasons I don't understand, some people on the internet talk about child pornography so much they need a damn abbreviation for it. This means every time I say “CP” as an abbreviation for “Civil Protection”, one of the core shows produced here, some creeps come out of the woodwork and start making child pornography jokes. I don't know what the hell is wrong with everyone, but I don't want to see that behavior here. Any use of “CP” here will be assumed to stand for “Civil Protection.” The End.
4. This kind of falls under #1, but don't say overtly racist or sexist things that would probably be classified in a court as hate speech.
5. For the soundtrack section specifically, don't post attachments of music files, find external links if you wish to do so.
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:17 pm Location: Shrapnel City
Here's another set of rules we wish to enforce. Keep in mind the rules go for both the forum and personal messages.
1. No offensive or NSFW content Images that classify as disturbing or overly offensive, such as images depicting graphic violence, gore and such are not allowed. Pornographics images containing full frontal nudity that depict naked breasts, nipples or genitalia are not allowed either. Posting such images will result in a warning and repeated offenses will result in a ban.
2. No spam Spam that classifies as totally unrelated messages or messages that only exist to increase post count or spread malicious links are not allowed and spammers will be warned and eventually temp banned if they don't follow them. Spambots will be banhammered on sight. Also try to limit yourself to one post. If you need to add something, just use the edit button. It's there for a reason. However, if you need to bump a topic, then that's an exception. Otherwise, in normal cases, avoid multiposting as it clutters the thread.
3. No rep spam The reputation system is meant to be used to rate the quality of a person's post, such as grammar or whether the person is flaming someone or not. Give good reputation to people who make good posts and bad reputaton to people who are being jerks. Don't mass rep someone just because you disagree with them on a topic. Rep spammers will be warned and if repeated offenses occur, banned.
4. Use the spoiler tags If talking about something that would spoil an experience for someone else, please use spoiler tags. This pertains to when discussing games, movies or books.
5. No large images Large images can make the board look cluttered and ugly and in general we advice against posting huge images. Use thumbnails, spoiler tags or text links. Small to medium size images are tolerated however, up to 300x300 pixels. Images that are unrelated and/or can be considered obnoxious or distracting are not permitted. Also, signature images are not allowed under any circumstances and attempts to make your own image signatures circumventing the forum's layout are prohibited.
6. Report If you find an offensive post or get an offensive PM from a user, report it as soon as possible. This way we will know immideately about it and can take action. Troll behaviour is not tolerated and will result in warnings, that if not followed will result in a ban.
7. No duplicate accounts Users are limited to one account only, to prevent banned users from re-registering and to prevent certain account names to be unavailable to new users. Any duplicate account will be deleted. Making duplicate accounts is grounds for a permanent ban.
Otherwise, the guidelines above set by Ross should be a general rule, don't be a jerk and don't flame people.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum