ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: ETERNAM

rgd_eternam.jpg

Blip.tv link

Well believe it or not, I was hoping to have this video done mid-Sunday instead of right before Christmas. I'm afraid this video isn't really related to Christmas, it's just a coincidence with the timing. This episode turned out especially long, but that's because there was a lot I wanted to cover about this game. This game is damn unique, I haven't seen anything like it since. While it has enough problems with it that I wouldn't actually recommend it to anyone, if you've ever been disappointed how formulaic many games can get, this is the clear other end of the spectrum and is more memorable for me than the vast majority of other games I've played. I knew when I started RGD I'd definitely want to cover this game. The Voyager satellite has a plate with engravings on it to give a representation of humanity to potential alien life. I think if we gave a copy of Eternam to aliens, they would learn everything they need to know about humanity.

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

I've started working on the Spanish to English translation of the manual, here's a link to the doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ar1HsgLfy5uH60E6e8j6RaFtfsAZzuWmnEKk8xIeEIo/edit?usp=sharing

Might not be able to work on it tomorrow much since you know Holidays, but if anyone is interested in helping me translate and is more familiar with some of the castilian dialect used than I am feel free to contact me!

I'm a native speaker and was thinking about doing the whole thing myself but I'll tackle the doc tomorrow. (:

About the video, I love how the country of origin is specially emphasized. I feel Nyet III fits like a glove into the german stereotype and this one... well... The word bizarre in french is more used than in english and waaay more used than in spanish and it doesn't really carry that negative connotation, most of the time people use bizarre to refer to things that are weirdly rare or just odd and that adds interest to whatever is the subject of the word and I definitely feel that way about all the bizarre aspects of the game seen in the video, even if they seem idiotical in some cases, they just make me wanna explore and see what else I can find in there while playing the game.

About the french revolution part, I don't really know but I think one of the later Assassin:s Creed games takes place around the time of the french revolution..; But yeah, maybe we'll see the era spring up in videogames like WWII,,, I'd definetely enjoy that. Imagine your history teacher recommending ''Revolution: Louis XVI's downfall'' ''Bloody Versailles". Mine recommended Rambo movies for the vietnam war.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Hi,forgive my English if there are any mistakes, im from russia(yup u have a fun there>_<)

im writing considering the length of your videos) y, u asked previously about it, and gotten really reassured by some funs about that everyone loves to hear u talking for half an hour/ but really? its the funs that even registered hear, and 99% of your auditory is 2 lazy to do that and watch the half an hour video as well. no really current internet ppl rarely watch something for more than 5-10 minutes tops. and y there are been studies about that. u can see that as well if u visit any popular site! y they do hour-two hour video about something then cut it! so pls try do a quality stuff! not quantity of it!

Hi,forgive my English if there are any mistakes, im from russia(yup u have a fun there>_<)

im writing considering the length of your videos) y, u asked previously about it, and gotten really reassured by some funs about that everyone loves to hear u talking for half an hour/ but really? its the funs that even registered hear, and 99% of your auditory is 2 lazy to do that and watch the half an hour video as well. no really current internet ppl rarely watch something for more than 5-10 minutes tops. and y there are been studies about that. u can see that as well if u visit any popular site! y they do hour-two hour video about something then cut it! so pls try do a quality stuff! not quantity of it!

I personally prefer having these episodes be a bit longer than other types of videos on Youtube since they aren't uploaded very frequently. I love checking my RSS feed to find out a new episode has been released, and take some time out of my day to enjoy them. I also believe that the videos ARE quality over quantity.

Hi,forgive my English if there are any mistakes, im from russia(yup u have a fun there>_

This one was kind of a special exception since Eternam really stands out for me, the next ones will be shorter. Besides, just looking at popularity, none of this show is close to Freeman's Mind, so it's more of an experiment anyway.

Game reccomendation about Napoleon- Napoleon: Total war.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I've started working on the Spanish to English translation of the manual, here's a link to the doc:
Awesome, I may wait on reading it until it's completed though.

I'm a native speaker and was thinking about doing the whole thing myself but I'll tackle the doc tomorrow. (:
I should have thought to ask you, it slipped my mind. My guess is there will be a translation before too long. My guess is the manual will only SORT OF explain what's happening in the game, but I'm still interested in it.

Game reccomendation about Napoleon- Napoleon: Total war.
Well actually meant the opposite, NOT counting the Napoleon games. Napoleon was a large stabilizing force in France and his reign was pretty much after the French Revolution. I was thinking more of the Reign of Terror, where they were killing nobility left and right.

A full graphic adventure game set in the French Revolution would be pretty awesome. Now I want that. Just the other day I was longing for a historically accurate animated musical about Marie Antoinette.

Well actually meant the opposite, NOT counting the Napoleon games. Napoleon was a large stabilizing force in France and his reign was pretty much after the French Revolution. I was thinking more of the Reign of Terror, where they were killing nobility left and right.

ok... well, Empire total war has possibility of making factions rebel (time cap 1700 to 1800), including france, so you technically can have decent civil war going there.

Also, i reccommend keeping eye on Assassin's creed series- Ubisoft can give mixed up signals, but there is strong possibility of one of the games being set in French revolution (and thats cool thing about AC- they dont include just one event. So i imagine you would see late kingdom, revolution (Bastille probably being invaded in one of the missions), rule of terror and even napoleonic wars. I even wouldnt rule out next game.

Also there was one more game, extremely good game about it. Will post the name of it as soon as i remember, if you are interested.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

By the way, has anyone seen the Zelda game from the Phillips CDi? It uses similar animations for cutscenes and character dialogue, I found the similarity hilarious.

ZKOzqw83RVo

edit: I had embedded the wrong video, whoops! This is the one.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

It looks like somebody may have beaten you to it on the translations, he PM'd me on Youtube, I've included a link to his translation in the YT description. You may want to doublecheck what he put up however.

EDIT:

Well it's definitely progress, but I'm noticing several grammatical errors, I'll replace it once a higher quality translation is done.

Well that was an awesome game and episode. I would've done the translation but it seem's you have a lot of fans haha

Now... I'm scared to ask... I'm from Argentina, so... what's going to happen to America?

I didn't have much to do today and I couldn't edit Grakiao's version of it so I made a translation from scratch. Here it is:

ETERNAM Game Manual Translation *The Story Part*

I've translated from english to spanish before and this is my first time doing it the other way around, I enabled commenting on the doc so if you want you can point any inconsistency or mistake. :) If this receives some good feedback, I may do a PDF version including the original artwork. It's pretty cool. :P

I know this Is a bit late, but I found out that Tyrian is also on android!

It's called open tyrian and it was ported by some guy named Gerhard...I think who has ported some other old PC games to android so if anyone is interested in that go check it out on the Play store.

P.S.

This is technically an advertisement but I'm willing to sacrifice my dignity for the Higher good!

I fell into a pit I can't get out of. Now in order to survive I've turned in to Pacman and I'm eating old Mentos. Keep dropping em on the ground kids!

That manual is ridiculous - it certainly sounds like it sprang from the same minds that made the game.

I know this Is a bit late, but I found out that Tyrian is also on android!

It's called open tyrian and it was ported by some guy named Gerhard...I think who has ported some other old PC games to android so if anyone is interested in that go check it out on the Play store.

P.S.

This is technically an advertisement but I'm willing to sacrifice my dignity for the Higher good!

Yeah, and it's free and adless! :) Gotta love Tyrian. It includes the jukebox! The only thing that's missing is the 5th chapter that's included in Tyrian 2000 :/

Can I buy Accursed Farms stock on the market yet?

I'd like to be a shareholder and invest my earnings.