ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: POTTY PIGEON

rgd_pigeon.png

Here's the next game dungeon! This is the oldest game covered on the show so far, going back to 1984. I still intend to cover some more modern games, they're just not on the top of my list. Due to its age, you may not want to watch this episode in full screen unless you sit a good distance from the screen, the resolution is low enough that it's a bit overwhelming up close.

I'm glad I didn't announce when this episode was going to go up, since I honestly thought I was going to have it done last weekend with another one coming up now. That totally did not happen. Unfortunately the next episode is going to be delayed further as I'm going to be gone from the 12th to the 15th on spy business. This means I won't have replies to anything until Monday at the earliest. I hope to type up replies to many, MANY emails during that time however and send them once I get back.

Finally, if you didn't get your fill of pigeons and classy music playing watching this video, be sure to check out my old short,

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

Hey Ross, I was eating dinner while watching the episode. I didn't stop

But I agree, there's no need for games about shit

Awesome episode!!! please keep doing them!

I laughed so much I hurt my sides.

The part about using a key to catch the computer on fire reminds me of the killer poke. In some early computers that didn't have good memory protection you could force in invalid memory inputs and occasionally blow things up.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

You know Ross, you can probably get away with just NOT telling us when your content is coming out. It seems like mostly everything gets delayed anyway, so just don't bother. I don't think many people complain anyway, and anyone who does only does so because they have some kind of expectation. When whatever your working on is DONE, and you're about to put it up, like maybe a day or two in advance, sure you can give us notice then. Honestly, I just come back every couple of days anyway, regardless of what you say. I know it sounds like I'm being a dick, and that I'm passive aggressively complaining, but I'm not. I've got lots of others thing I can watch in the meantime, you just take your time and do what you do as best as you can do it. The internet has no shortage of filler, I'll tell you that much.

nice job Ross

have a great vacation Ross

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

lol, that episode was full of crap ;)

But my wild guess on next episode "not of this world"- space quest?

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I think I know what the next one is, but I'm keeping mum for now.

(Quick update for those anxiously awaiting subs. I have about half of "Potty Pigeon" typed up at the moment--up to where Ross talks about the handling of the game. I haven't even begun to tackle "Strife". I will complete those, but it's going to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw. I'm kind of thankful for the vacation. It'll give me a chance to catch up. Some. Augh. :) )

If they do make a new potty pigeon game for today's audience, it bloody well better have Oculus Rift support.

Edit: Like this:

288068.gif?v=1

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

You know Ross, you can probably get away with just NOT telling us when your content is coming out. It seems like mostly everything gets delayed anyway, so just don't bother. I don't think many people complain anyway, and anyone who does only does so because they have some kind of expectation. When whatever your working on is DONE, and you're about to put it up, like maybe a day or two in advance, sure you can give us notice then. Honestly, I just come back every couple of days anyway, regardless of what you say. I know it sounds like I'm being a dick, and that I'm passive aggressively complaining, but I'm not. I've got lots of others thing I can watch in the meantime, you just take your time and do what you do as best as you can do it. The internet has no shortage of filler, I'll tell you that much.

I will have to agree with most of the above. Meeting deadlines is tough. I was a developer for years and on most projects I had a date before I even knew how long it would take. Of course, there is famous line. "It looks and works great BUT could you please add X" X would take longer than all your previous work and so the project implementation date needs to slip. However, it cannot slip so you work 16 hour days 7 days a week to place X in code and then the user rarely uses it. I will now step off my soapbox. :geek::geek:

Gremlin Graphics.

Good episode. Little shorter than I'm accustomed to, but I think that's just because we've been spoiled with so many longer episodes. Also, this game is literally shitty, so who'd want to talk about it for half an hour?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I think I know what the next one is, but I'm keeping mum for now.

(Quick update for those anxiously awaiting subs. I have about half of "Potty Pigeon" typed up at the moment--up to where Ross talks about the handling of the game. I haven't even begun to tackle "Strife". I will complete those, but it's going to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw. I'm kind of thankful for the vacation. It'll give me a chance to catch up. Some. Augh. :) )

As I said before, I'd be willing to type up subs for you if you're busy.

Have a happy vacation, Ross, hope your vacation isn't as shitty as this game.

As far as I know, Nintendo is still doing their seal of approval. I only think they've changed the logo once, and that was to make it an oval.

Speaking of shitty controls, flash games are ripe with that shit. You'd think the developers would have at least 1 buddy that would say "Hey, uh, dude, what the hell is this?" to the controls. Unless I'm playing an MMORPG, the controls shouldn't be that complicated. It's understandable with specific kinds of games, but not a beat em' up, or a puzzle game, or a platformer.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

What shitty ep- Wait, fuck, someone made that joke already...

Well, good work Ross, always love a new crop from the Accursed Farms. [insert your own fertilizer-based pun here.]

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Ross, you're a pansy; you don't like pooping on cars, building nests. What kind of pigeon are you?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite site on the extranet.