ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: HELIOUS

rgd_helious.png

I originally meant to have this episode a few days after the last one, but that didn't come close to happening. While this is another arcade-ish game, there's definitely more than meets the eye with this one. While I still hope to cover some more recent games at some point, once you watch this episode, you'll see why this game was high up on my list to cover. Also I found out while in production that apparently Men In Black 3 also make a reference to Andy Warhol being connected to aliens. I had not seen the movie at the time I made my comment, so it's just a coincidence. In all fairness, thinking Andy Warhol has something to do with aliens is hardly a new idea. Next episode coming on July 4th if all goes well!

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

"now there's an additional knuckle joint added on my tentacle thing"

im far too amused at this

anyways aliens either really suck at game development or they have wildly different standards. not sure which more worries me.

some of th old broken links on the dev's site can be thrown into wayback machine and get results, but a lot of them are just archived 404s

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

"now there's an additional knuckle joint added on my tentacle thing"

im far too amused at this

anyways aliens either really suck at game development or they have wildly different standards. not sure which more worries me.

some of th old broken links on the dev's site can be thrown into wayback machine and get results, but a lot of them are just archived 404s

I'd say the latter. Or possibly both.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Weirdest back story ever.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

I hope those aliens dont take too much an interest in him. If the next video is delayed I think i will worry a bit.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Maybe the Aliens grabbed Shawn after they realised he was trying to make a profit off of their game, thereby distorting their credibility and message, and left behind one of their "clones" to make it free before disappearing off the map? They'd probably would have been keeping an eye on him, unless they didn't care what he did with their computer codes. I'm almost tempted to get the money to hire a couple PIs to scour the state of Georgia and see if they turn up anything on Puckett, simply out of curiosity.

In all seriousness though, one of the weirder and more intriguing games you've reviewed because of its origins. Tried to google it afterwards and found a whooping four links to things about it, one was Puckett's site.

Long is the way; and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light-Paradise Lost

By the power of truth, while I live, I have conquered the universe-Faust

The only absolute is that there are no absolutes, except that one

Vae Victus-Brennus

Ha! My comment received (at the point of this post) 45 thumbs ups!

So, you're telling me, an alien jizzed all over Sean's computer, and left the source code to a game.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Ha! My comment received (at the point of this post) 45 thumbs ups!

So, you're telling me, an alien jizzed all over Sean's computer, and left the source code to a game.

i see you on youtube a lot.

the name's riley

4th of july special episode.. for some reason reminds me bizarre movie-game i played based on movie "the independence day" (i believe game is of same name- its about when aliens attack earth, then some weird stuff happens and for no apparent reason all huge motherships explode)

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

4th of july special episode.. for some reason reminds me bizarre movie-game i played based on movie "the independence day" (i believe game is of same name- its about when aliens attack earth, then some weird stuff happens and for no apparent reason all huge motherships explode)
Well I'll give you a hint. I'm not saying it will never happen, but I have ZERO games based on movies planned for Game Dungeon. Besides, I wouldn't mind a break from aliens after Helious.

you asked whether or not I saw a UFO. Fuck if I know. You tell me.

It was a cold night on December 23rd. Despite being Christmas time there was few people on the roads-- even for this area. My buddy and I were heading to a bar. I offered to be his DD because I had nothing better to do.

On our way there I was looking out the back of the car. I see this balloon...blimp...Zamboni...parachute...thing.

It looked to be a blimp, yet had no cabin on the underside. I could see everything about it clearly as it was floating around 30 feet in the air; just over the trees.

A tan-peach illumination resonated from the center. The "skin" of this thing looked paper thin, yet somehow supported its self. Slightly translucent from this light, there looked to be nothing inside it.

No shadows. No people.

It was not a weather balloon. It wasn't rising, yet maintaining a constant speed and trajectory. In relation to our car (moving 35 MPH) it appeared to be moving 25 MPH.

As I stare in awe, I realize I should tell my buddy. I turn to him and say "look to your right." It was gone. This thing flat out disappeared from the face of the earth.

I know I wasn't hallucinating.

Edit: The only record I can find of this man with little research is his Marriage license.

Another edit: According to that site she and her husband moved to Marble, NC after they moved to Blairsville, GA. Ironically, they lived in Jupiter, FL. :roll:

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

Pronounce Helious? Maybe it's just missing a few letters. Maybe it's supposed to be Hel-lac-ious.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

Subs up!

Also, strange personal anecdote to go with a strange game with a strange back story. Enjoy!

Subtitles are up!

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Has anyone considered the possibility that maybe Sean Buckett really did write the game, and then shortly thereafter got abducted -- permanently -- by the aliens? The Sean who woke up and explored his house and found the game could actually be the clone, and the clone was a snapshot of Sean from just before he made the game. Having all of Sean's memories, except of making the game, he believed it was his house and his computer and wondered where the game came from. This could be an old-fashioned earth-made game after all. :-P

Has anyone considered the possibility that maybe Sean Buckett really did write the game, and then shortly thereafter got abducted -- permanently -- by the aliens? The Sean who woke up and explored his house and found the game could actually be the clone, and the clone was a snapshot of Sean from just before he made the game. Having all of Sean's memories, except of making the game, he believed it was his house and his computer and wondered where the game came from. This could be an old-fashioned earth-made game after all. :-P

Then how do you explain the, ahem, "alien jizz" all over the keyboard if HE was the one who made it. The aliens wouldn't have touched it if he had already created it.

"The only real answer is to get drunk and set fire to things"

IT'S ALL A LIE!!! ALIENS NEVER MADE IT!!! I DID!!!

TIME TRAVEL TO INTRODUCE A POS GAME = WIN!!!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.