ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: BOPPIN'

I've always wanted to see how Ross handle a review with someone, and I gotta say it's really good. He and Tom hit it off alright. It's nice to see something new in the Game Dungeon, makes it fresh. Here's hoping to more collaborations, Ross.

*coughs* LGR

Welp, now what?

I didn't know that much about the creator really, I didn't even find out about the gender until I went to the site to get the full version a few years back. I was mostly just interested in the game.

Sometimes you talk about the content creators, so I was just saying I was glad you didn't say anything mean spirited is all. Whether you were being decent or disinterested I think you were totally fine.

I would love to see Tom in other videos, but don't prefer guests in the "standard" dungeons. It was a great thing to try, but you already have the format for those just the way I like it. You have a consistency of tone and enthusiasm that I love listening to without disruption. He and/or other guests could bring a lot to Ross Rants/something new/the dungeon follow up videos though.

Sometimes you talk about the content creators, so I was just saying I was glad you didn't say anything mean spirited is all. Whether you were being decent or disinterested I think you were totally fine.

Just what exactly were you expecting from Ross? I honestly don't understand where you're coming from. Ross has never been hostile to anyone in his in any of his videos ever. Ross is one of the nicest people I can think of that I watch on a regular basis.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Just what exactly were you expecting from Ross? I honestly don't understand where you're coming from. Ross has never been hostile to anyone in his in any of his videos ever. Ross is one of the nicest people I can think of that I watch on a regular basis.

I wasn't trying to be nasty or imply I expected him to be nasty. Maybe you feel like I had the tone of "Gee, I'm glad Ross didn't kick that kitten in that video." like I expect him to kick kittens, but it wasn't the intent. Reitz is a very...colorful history, and Ross has talked about public figures as entertainment in and of themselves. I had a mild concern, and it didn't come true, and I was glad. Again, I wasn't trying to be nasty or imply I expected him to be nasty.

Ross has never been hostile to anyone in his in any of his videos ever.

Except Machinima, and EA... Not in a bad way either.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I was referring to people not corporations. Ross has never been hostile to an actual person.

I was referring to people not corporations. Ross has never been hostile to an actual person.

I'm not mentioning this in an attempt to be critical, but there was both that politician from the Arcade America dungeon and the guy who flubbed The Doom That Came To Atlantic City in his newer fundraiser. I like Ross and I think neither of those examples crossed any lines. It's also true that both figures received tons of money from the public and then failed that trust spectacularly, so again they're fair topics for discussion and made the videos more interesting. But it wouldn't be accurate to say he's never told the story of someone's train wreck for the entertainment value.

I'm not mentioning this in an attempt to be critical, but there was both that politician from the Arcade America dungeon and the guy who flubbed The Doom That Came To Atlantic City in his newer fundraiser. I like Ross and I think neither of those examples crossed any lines. It's also true that both figures received tons of money from the public and then failed that trust spectacularly, so again they're fair topics for discussion and made the videos more interesting. But it wouldn't be accurate to say he's never told the story of someone's train wreck for the entertainment value.

Well I guess it depends on what your definition a person is. I don't really consider politicians as people.

Well I guess it depends on what your definition a person is. I don't really consider politicians as people.

I'll accept that in the spirit you intended, but my dad was in fact a politician.

I'll accept that in the spirit you intended, but my dad was in fact a politician.

Damn, I just can't win today :lol: . Sorry about that, no harm meant.

Yeah... Is it a sign of our times that people are grateful to a reviewer for NOT being mean?

Ross is a nice person... nicer than me :lol:

It's a review who made the game is a minor thing to an actual quality of the game itself. I find this a bit... hmm... like a kind of lack of considering Ross as a human being. How can you even suspect Ross of being mean like that :P ?

Okay, I know people probably didn't expect him to be hostile... However, expecting a reviewer to state negative opinions on a game designer just because many other people does, plus because such person is transsexual, is a weird idea.

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

We've heard enough of Ross to know that he wouldn't attack Reitz for those reasons, and as HLPrincess says, "Who made the game is a minor thing". I reckon he's more concerned with what people do, rather than who people are. And even then, he's unlikely to single out a particular person to rant about. As far as I can tell, he's not interested in that.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I am totally not above pointing out train wrecks of people who abuse public trust. I don't like making fun of people who just make a mistake. I like stories about people who screw up on such a deliberate and/or grandoise scale, that it becomes a sort of carnival event in itself. I like carnivals.

Good episode, my only grief is that you're talking about the music and explaining how weird it is but you're never just playing the music for us to hear.

@ Ross Scott: If you're reading Excellent work Sir! :D

On topic, I have to confess that I found the Moon Gaming videos a little underwhelming when I initially watched them. Play through videos are such a hit n' miss thing, even the channels I like tended to have shaky beginnings before finding their groove. Bringing Tom in on the Game Dungeon format breathed some genuine novelty into a series that I've never found to be boring or amusing - which is quite an achievement in of itself. I had to pause the video a couple times when Ross piped in on Tom's grumpily insightful commentary.

"You have to press the button."

"Tom, your head is round. You aren't thinking like a triangle." icon_lol.gif

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I am totally not above pointing out train wrecks of people who abuse public trust. I don't like making fun of people who just make a mistake. I like stories about people who screw up on such a deliberate and/or grandoise scale, that it becomes a sort of carnival event in itself. I like carnivals.

i like carnivals too

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."