Favorite RGD Episode?

I thought this might make for an interesting discussion. Out of all of the RGD Episodes which one would you say is your favorite? My favorite thus far is the RGD for Bozo's Night Out. I really liked how creative and dark it was.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

For me I think it's a toss-up between Tyrian, CarnEvil, Zany Golf, The Last Stand, and Polaris Snowcross. At the moment, Imma choose The Last Stand - it's a good demonstration of the quadrilogy's rise and fall.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I can hear recording of every episode from my room if I'm at home at the working time... They all blend together into long voice acting sessions in my mind o_o

:lol:

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I believe Tyrian has my favorite joke in Game Dungeon. I'm paraphrasing here:

"And for all of you who wants to start their own country; don't worry, we have guns for you too."

But I'd have to say the Game Dungeon episode that made want to actually play the game the most was Dungeon Siege.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

This is a very interesting question Heliocentrical, I approve of this thread. I'd have to call it a tie between his three-part Arcade America feature or the review of Wolfenstein. Both videos have a really good balance of his insightful criticism (both positive and negative), his ubiquitous humour and topical stuff both relating to and outside of gaming. There's an interesting contrast between his affection towards the affable goofiness of Joey despite the game being a the rather sloppy attempt at a platformer, versus the much slicker and accomplished game engine of Wolfenstein which still left him feeling cold and disinterested.

"BJ! We need you manning the MG-42!"

:3

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Wolfenstein

I remember that video didn't go down very well. I saw lot of people say they were disappointed with it, that it wasn't funny. I for one thought it was great. Can't please everyone I guess eh.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

For me I think it's a toss-up between Tyrian, CarnEvil, Zany Golf, The Last Stand, and Polaris Snowcross. At the moment, Imma choose The Last Stand - it's a good demonstration of the quadrilogy's rise and fall.

Well, their fall was because of their need to make money. I remember being there when there was a big conversation about it on their forums, specifically about the updates for the third game (the city) and their online game. I think at some point they decided to go for a monetization model because, well, they had to.

That being said, Ross' CarnEvil and The Last Stand episodes are pretty good but I think I like his episodes that include rants the most.

I've been meaning to start a "top 5 favourite Game Dungeon episode by year" thread, but this will do:

2013:

1. Zany Golf

2. Test Drive 3

3. Carn Evil

4. Nyet 3

5. Tyrian

2014:

1. Polaris Snocross

2. Potty Pigeon

3. The Last Stand

4. Strife

5. Arcade America

Special Mention: Helious

2015:

1. Battleforge/Need For Speed World

2. The Secret World

3. Go To Hell

4. Construction Bob

5. Bip Bop II

Special Mentions: Bozo's Night Out & the Follow Up Episode

Welp, now what?

My favorite RGD episode is also the one I had the most difficult time subtitling:

Arcade America.

Great amount of humor from both Ross and the game, plus a song that I can't get out of my head to this day:

Alfalfa Laxative.

Damn you, Ross! Damn you to Hell!

:lol:

Wolfenstein

I remember that video didn't go down very well. I saw lot of people say they were disappointed with it, that it wasn't funny. I for one thought it was great. Can't please everyone I guess eh.

Some people probably just got their collective knickers in a twist over the fact that Ross was reviewing a noticeably recent and not even particularly obscure title. I've said it before on some other threads, there are certain aspects of "nerd culture" that engenders an elitist attitude, fans of a particular series or franchise learn everything they can about it in order to shoot-down any differing opinions. Part of it seems to stem from a detestable need to try and direct the creative output of the series makers, another part of the problem stems from an over-identification with a fandom because of an individuals general social or cultural isolation. I personally think the latter phenomena is entirely understandable and not entirely anyone's fault, even if the former entitled behaviour really indefensible.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Battleforge. That episode managed to drive a point home while still being hilarious.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Battleforge. That episode managed to drive a point home while still being hilarious.

His comments about how certain fantasy fans are obsessed with lore to the point of silliness struck me as being rather presecient. He could of been describing me! ;p

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Strife and Last Stand, both are long and detailed.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

Strife and Last Stand, both are long and detailed.

I loved his candy based rating system for Last Stand.

"I give Union City and rating of a box of liquor flavoured truffles. Except the box is empty. There's nothing inside it. Somebody opened it and I can't find the truffles."

icon_lol.gif Was their ever a more apt description of a disappointing game? Especially in regards to sequels and franchise titles that fail to reach their predecessors lofty achievements. Silent Hill: Downpour springs to mind with distressing alacrity. I wish all critics and journalists reviewed things like this.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

The Puzzle Agent episode; the episode's amazing, but it's the "You don't like Wallace and Gromit?" bit that puts it in a special place in my heart. (no need to cry ross, i like wallace and gromit :c)

The Puzzle Agent episode; the episode's amazing, but it's the "You don't like Wallace and Gromit?" bit that puts it in a special place in my heart. (no need to cry ross, i like wallace and gromit :c)

I was slightly surprised to find out that Ross being a fan of the Wallace & Gromit films. I'm English, so obviously the characters are as familiar to me as Jesus is to the rest of the world. But it did make it wonder if the films are particularly well-known and/or well-regarded in America, or elsewhere.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa