ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: THE CHOSEN

Subs up!

They would've been up sooner but my dad took me to the movies. Thanks for your patience, folks!

What did you go and see Daniel?

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

The Secret Life of Pets. Insanely cute movie. :)

:D I like this answer for some reason.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

"Somebody here had a vision, and we're paying the price for it..." icon_lol.gif

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

So, i'm trying to download the chosen one because i have a problem procrastinating in college. Anyways, I went to www.rebelmind.com but the site is "suspended" so does anyone else have a link or website i can go to? I want the one Ross has btw, the more miserable the experience, the more effective it will be.

100% is going to be a cut-rate clown

All I can say is jesus christ, and I thought the Dark Zealot enemy in the first Torchlight game was unfair. The Chosen is a million times worse when it comes to cheapness. You have far, far more patience than I ever would for something this terrible.

After re-watching this, maybe instead of mentioning Ed Wood, you could've brought up Tommy Wiseau. It would've had roughly the same effect.

After re-watching this, maybe instead of mentioning Ed Wood, you could've brought up Tommy Wiseau. It would've had roughly the same effect.

And I think it would have been a better match for the product at hand.

You know, I'm thinking about creating a technology company whose name would make people think about winding roads, technology and all the "E" online mambo-jumbo. It should be called: "Path-E-Tech".

For me, a kinda funny detail is how despite mentioning how The Chosen carries on the spirit of Ed Wood, Ross never directly addresses how the narrator's performance bears a distinct resemblance to that of The Amazing Criswell.

jb6H14gVWjM

There's only one thing that I disagree with Ross in this review: The gold standard of bad voice acting in games is not Resident Evil, it's House of the Dead 2:

Edited by Kaiosama TLJ
The post became a mess with embedded link errors because it was made before the forum overhaul. (see edit history)

Hey guys, the rebelmind.com website seems to be dead.

Therefore the game is sort of abandonware. I couldn't find it on steam or gog (even though the game is Polish).

I wanted to download Frater and give it a go, but I suppose it's not possible anymore.

Does anyone have a downloaded version standing around anywhere?

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

People in the YouTube comments are saying Ross must be using a copy that triggered some kind of copy protection. They were guessing that he was running off a backup, or a download, but I think something even more insidious might be going on: The legitimate version of the game had a mandatory online activation that it didn't even tell you about, or was at least programmed not to tell you if activation failed. Batman: Arkham Asylum apparently worked that way; if the SecuROM online check failed, you were still allowed to play the game as if nothing was wrong but the cape-glide wouldn't work, making it impossible to continue past a certain point. That would explain why the developers put the whole game up for free: The servers had gone down, they had no control over it, but they still owned the rights to the game and figured they'd throw the fans a bone.

On 10/10/2019 at 5:23 AM, RaTcHeT302 said:

I don't know, to me that sounds overly complicated. I like to think that, they were honestly that incompetent with the gameplay.

But they had to test the game, surely, if only to make sure it actually runs all the way through. You'd think someone would have noticed a bug report called "That one enemy in level 3 takes over 100 hits to kill; you sure you didn't hit '0' too many times, boss?"

So, i read through this comment section for the third time now.....(maybe i'm blind?!?).....

HOW COMES, that NOBODY wants to know about the real "worst director in hollywood" ?????

At 35:33 , for the fragment of a second, a guy appears, giving thumbs up, just as Ross says the words: "worst director in hollywood"....

Who is this??? Did all of you recognise him instantly or what????

Is it Uwe? If it is Uwe, i would strongly disagree, because Uwe is making bad movies on purpose, to cheat on taxes in some way! So he may make the worst movies in hollywood, but for the "worst director in hollywood" award, in my opinion, you should try and fail.... 

5 hours ago, HUBERTfromAUSTRIA said:

So, i read through this comment section for the third time now.....(maybe i'm blind?!?).....

HOW COMES, that NOBODY wants to know about the real "worst director in hollywood" ?????

At 35:33 , for the fragment of a second, a guy appears, giving thumbs up, just as Ross says the words: "worst director in hollywood"....

Who is this??? Did all of you recognise him instantly or what????

Is it Uwe? If it is Uwe, i would strongly disagree, because Uwe is making bad movies on purpose, to cheat on taxes in some way! So he may make the worst movies in hollywood, but for the "worst director in hollywood" award, in my opinion, you should try and fail.... 

It is Uwe. Ross talked about him a bit in the Dungeon Siege episode and showed that same picture; I imagine that's why most viewers recognized it right away.

17 hours ago, Mira said:

It is Uwe. Ross talked about him a bit in the Dungeon Siege episode and showed that same picture; I imagine that's why most viewers recognized it right away.

AHHH! Makes sense! It's been a while since i watched  the "DUNGEON SIEGE" one...THX a lot MIRA!