EA is doing something...right?

Hey, long time fan, first time forum topic poster. I thought I'd bring this up since I think this might be relevant to Ross' dead games crusade and the Game Dungeon series as well.

I recently discovered that the website Origin has started a program called On The House https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/free-games/on-the-house , which posts old PC titles for free to download. That's it. Free FULL game. No ads. No free subscription for the first two weeks BS. No tricks.

You do have to download the free Origin app on your PC, but after that the entire program is viewable and in your hard drive, including music. You can also play it OFFLINE.

I guess EA is changing up the games that are available every once in a while via On The House, but at the moment they have Nox. Nox is pretty much my definition of a good game, an action RPG with beautiful music, a well written funny fantasy story that doesn't wear out it's welcome, and FULLY VOICE ACTED with good voice actors. EA owns this title after acquiring Westwood Studios many moons ago.

Now I know EA is still an evil organization. This is kind of like the drunken abusive boyfriend randomly coming home one night NOT piss ass drunk AND with half a dozen roses he picked up at the local Walmart. It's still EA, but this does seem like a potentially promising step in the right direction and something to at least take note of.

I guess this game is also now officially Freeware (right?) and qualifies for the Game Dungeon. Ross, if you'd like to cover a game that's really enjoyable (especially after that nightmare that was The Chosen) I think Nox will be a great change of pace for you. Also let me know if you'd like me to send you any MP3s of the music. I have the music from this game on my iPod.

Thanks for reading guys

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

They've been doing this for a few years now... It's their way of trying to lock you into their distribution system.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Obviously they hope to profit from it, just like Costco hopes to profit when they give out samples in the aisles. Although this is more like Costco just straight up giving you what's in your cart for free and saying " See we're nice! Come back sometime soon, okay?! "

This may just be me giving too much praise to an organization that has lowered it's bar so low that I'm excited when they do ANYTHING good, but again, they are making a previously dead game available for free to the public (code and all) for nothing in return. Just giving the devil it's due.

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

Wasn't there some big controversy about Origin stealing a lot of private information from computers or something?

Well if you have Windows 10 it's not like it matters anymore, but still...