Mother Russia Bleeds

The #1 game on Ross' most anticipated games list is now out on Steam for 15 bucks! Wonder if he's planning on making a Game Dungeon episode. Just from what I've seen of the game, it seems to offer plenty of material to work with. :)

That game looks pretty gonzo and the fact I haven't played a side-scrolling beat em' up for bloody years now meant the title did intrigue me. I haven't checked but if there is a PS4 version of the game I might just purchase it. After all my recent point n' click/walking simulator playing I'm in tnhe mood for something blood-thirstier. I'd personally like to see what he has to say about some games on the list that I've actually played. The Last Door (which was extremely good in my opinion), The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (which I really enjoyed despite it being a bit short), and Firewatch (which I must confess I found mildly disappointing).

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I approve of any game that lets you bludgeon BDSM fetishists to death with a toilet. I'm getting some really nice Hotline Miami vibes from Mother Russia Bleeds. The gameplay looks solid to so I am pumped to play it.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

About 30 to 40 minutes into the game. It's a solid beat-em-up although it gets repetitive pretty fast. Like any brawler I expect it's much more fun to play with a friend, as it supports two player co-op. The atmosphere is great, graphics and music are pretty good and the premise is interesting enough that I want to play more to find out what happens, but the fighting gameplay is not amazing. I'm definitely not a fan of the healing mechanic either, although it's funny to watch.

That game is so much fun, I don't even care that it's repetitive. Also game made me fall in love with synthwave. Fixions' soundtrack is really good.