Your most anticipated game of 2012.

I decided to make this thread after reading the RPS post here.

This thread is dedicated to sharing your most anticipated game of 2012. Personally, I'm going to have to go with Dishonored. It has the head designer from Deus Ex and System shock, and the artistic director from Half Life 2... Yes, let me repeat that- it has the head designer from Deus Ex and System shock, and the artistic director from Half Life 2. And from what I've read, the open ended "Deus Ex" (not HR, the original) map design and huge amount of tools at your disposal (body possession, time control etc.) will mean this will be the most innovative title of the year. I can only hope.

Next on my list is Thief 4 (Damn you Eidos, I WILL not call it Thi4f), as it has the team behind Human Revolution working on it, in all seriousness this team is my biggest hope next to Valve and Bethesda for AAA games in a market full of CODs, retard RPGs and WoW clones. As long as it keeps the open maps, enjoyable stealth, good combat and steampunk atmosphere, this will be a day one purchase for me.

I'm also hopeful for more DX: HR DLC and some Skyrim expansions but I currently have a backlog of about 20 games I'm yet to finish.

So what's your most anticipated games of 2012?

BORDERLANDS 2!!!!!!! WOOT!!!

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

*Thi4f

Fix'd

My most anticipated game is 2012 is definitely Bioshock: Infinite

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*Thi4f

Fix'd

SSHSSHHHSHTTTFTFUIFUFUUF

sequel to Duke Nukem Forever

Because critical, financial and PR failures are likely to get sequels announced within the next year.

BORDERLANDS 2!!!!!!! WOOT!!!

Couldn't stand Borderlands for some reason, I won't be getting it.

Bioshock: Infinite

I'm looking forward to this game, maybe not a day one but I'll certainly get it sometime this year

Also, Gunn's video on Game releases in 2012. He is making a lot more sense(as usual) than I want him to.

UfCi3P5eSKw

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, Gunn's video on Game releases in 2012. He is making a lot more sense(as usual) than I want him to.

UfCi3P5eSKw

What an idiot. He starts off saying "we had some great games this year like MW3, BF3, Skyward Sword and Uncharted 3", then continues with "2012 is going to be bad because it's full of sequels".

WHAT?

His game preferences don't matter. The point hes making does. And hes right, nowadays selling games on Console is what many want to do. And no one is gonna release a game at the end of a console's lifecycle(that has killed many games before).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But there ARE new IP's coming. Just like there were new IP's this year. This year was FULL of sequels, no different from any year in the last decade.

And about his point on the console lifecycle killing games? Absolute rubbish, honestly, the PS2 was still going strong for years into this gen (well last gen really, PCs are so far ahead of consoles it's not even funny). As has every console gen, 3rd party devs that aren't idiots don't make exclusives for a next gen console that hardly anyone will own for a year.

I'm looking forward to a good PC title basically.

Well judging by your favourite games of this year I don't really think that's what you'll get the most enjoyment out of.

Duke Nukem Forever was ported to consoles, not the other way around. It was always intended to be a PC title. And in all honesty, I prefer those games on PC because I can't play console shooters for shit. Just because games I like start out on consoles doesn't mean I wanna buy consoles to play them. Being a PC gamer is not equivalent to only playing PC exclusive titles. It just means I prefer playing games on PC, regardless of whether they are console ports or not. I actually couldn't care less if they are as long as the game is good.

The main reason I don't buy consoles or play games on consoles are controls. The only games I use a gamepad for are either platformers, which I hardly play at all anymore, and racers. For the most part, I prefer FPS games which require precision. I don't feel I can get any precision whatsoever with a gamepad, and I've always and always will prefer using a mouse and keyboard for FPS games.

Another reason is that I want my PC to be a centralized entertainment unit for movies, music and games. With Steam I can have a library of easily accessable games for every taste centralized on my computer and I can easily hook a gamepad to it if I want that. To buy a console seems excessive to me unless it's an older one like a Sega Mega Drive, which I admittedly have bought just to play Sega games the old fashioned way. But there are no FPS games on that console unless you count the half-assed and hilariously expensive port of Duke Nukem 3D.

sequel to Duke Nukem Forever

Because critical, financial and PR failures are likely to get sequels announced within the next year.

What do you expect, I'm a fangirl. Allow me to have some hope for my favourite anti-hero. Hell, I even think Critical Mass is a decent title.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

2012 is looking pretty barren in comparison to 2011. Most of the games I'm hoping for don't have set release dates. The Last Guardian was planned for 2011, but is now TBA 2012. I think they said holiday 2012 for Naughty Dog's new game, so there's that as well. And I guess we can all hope for new announcements.

1317667617_05740_589.jpg

I've been waiting for this game since 2007

EDIT: I just noticed the release date in this image XD, I just wanted a good image with the logo :lol:

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Throwing with pictures now, eh? I can play that game too.

bioshockinfinite_handyman_1280-1024_0.jpg

And now tell that doesn't look bloody awesome.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Throwing with pictures now, eh? I can play that game too.

bioshockinfinite_handyman_1280-1024_0.jpg

And now tell that doesn't look bloody awesome.

Why is Lurch in bioshock... :?