Those guys with the glasses

TGWTG.jpg

I was hoping to have the next video up by now, but since that's taking a little longer than I planned, here's some more news of what's going on instead. One of the reasons I was hesitant about leaving Machinima.com before was because I wasn't sure where else to go, since the larger problem behind all the changes was Youtube itself. Thanks directly to people in the forums recommending other sites for me to check out, I've decided to join the "That Guy With The Glasses" network. Thatguywiththeglasses.com is the spawn of Doug Walker (pictured above), more famously known as "The Nostalgia Critic" where he is known for analyzing bad movies and ripping them apart piece by piece. I had seen some of his videos before, but never realized he had his own network. It turns out my videos qualify for this group, because Freeman also wears glasses, so we're all good. So far my contact with TGWTG has been quite positive. They're run by a small group of people (I'm told 7) that all have all known each other a long time. There's no sinister contract for me to sign, and they're not even taking a cut of my income (I'm assuming they make up the difference on their site). Most of all, they don't give me a heavy feeling in my stomach the way reading the new contract from Machinima.com did, which counts for a lot. I don't need ulcers.

The next episode of Freeman's Mind will be appearing on their network, which is essentially wherever I want to post the videos. It will be be appearing first on blip.tv, a competing network to Youtube (and about 1/1000th the size). This allows me to form an escape plan from some of the madness going on with Youtube. New episodes will also be appearing on my Youtube channel (I'll make a new post here as soon it's up), but in the long term, I may try and focus newer videos towards blip.tv. Right now the next episode has been uploaded to blip.tv and I am currently waiting to hear back when it will go up. I'll make an update here as soon as I know. More videos are coming!

ADHD version: Freeman's Mind is still coming, but will appear in new places! Check back here later for links to the next episode!

EDIT:

I've gotten a reply back from blip.tv. The next FM episode has been rejected by them on the following grounds:

"

Poor audio: We took a look at your show and concluded that improving the audio quality would really help you get to the next level. Consider taking some time to improve your sound setup and reapply. We're eager to hear from you again!

"

I spent hours volume balancing the tracks and it has custom sound effects. I don't know if they don't like my mix, don't like HL1 sounds or what. I'm currently trying to get a more specific answer.

Congradualalalaation! Very much.

Are the videos still going to hosted on this site? I like to download them directly as my internet connection is kind of crappy at times and better quality.

Also don't get ulcers as that's terrible and feels terrible I've had them so I know.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

This is good news! Looking forward to the next episode at last as well!

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

YES!

God, this is just like a dream come true for me! ThatGuyWithTheGlasses/BlisteredThumbs is probably one of my favourite networks and the fact they use Blip.TV which is just infinitely better than YouTube, or better for artists at least, is just awesome.

I honestly can't wait to see your videos on the network and I think you deserve to be with them and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay there!

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Definietly there is something about guys wearing glasses! And goatees.... :D :D:D

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

lol guess I guess I'll make an account there...

(wow kinda wish I'd found it before.. a lot of the stuff there is stuff I like XD)

ALSO YAY maybe we should try and spam machinama more?

Holy crap this is awesome! I've been a fan of TGWTG and Channel Awesome for years; congrats on having Freeman's Mind on the site. :D

That's awesome, Ross. I hope everyone there enjoys your work as much as we do. The more fans, the better.

Well I can't run Blip, so if you stop posting downloads on this site I'm thoroughly screwed.

I can't imagine that he'd stop posting the downloads, there's not really any reason for that. Also they'll be on YouTube as well (for now).

Also: MORE FREEMAN'S MIND WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Well, this is honestly the best news I've read all day. I've been roaming around TGWTG for almost 3 years now and can't express how amazing their network is. As for Blip, I tent to get much better buffering speeds from them then YouTube, so this too is great news. Best of luck Ross, can't wait for the new episodes.

Great to hear Ross. Will you be as financially stable with this host as you were with Machinima?

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun