Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Sign in to follow this  

I'm hyped for it to drop below $50...

Not really worth it for me to prepurchase for $60, and get a just slightly different version of BL2.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

lvl 14 lawbringer in first sitting. This is pretty fun and loving that Ultimate with the instant aim with all weapons. saved me in a bad spot many times.

Also been laughing my ass off for about an hour now after I learned what the Carthartic Oz Pack does. Using the slam ability unleashes AOE corrosive damage and a noticeable fart sound. I'm such a child.

Edit: There's only one thing that's truly worthy of editing this post for: "She's got layers. Like an onion made of boobs."

Retired Forum Moderator

SO I just beat the first playthrough and started a true vault hunter mode.

10 minutes into game play, this drops:

171341ABE6627BDDCAB8EA47EED1ABBD285A1698

to put that damage into perspective, take a look at the pistols damage on the right. that is my highest damage output weapon right now.

Retired Forum Moderator

SO I just beat the first playthrough and started a true vault hunter mode.

10 minutes into game play, this drops:

171341ABE6627BDDCAB8EA47EED1ABBD285A1698

to put that damage into perspective, take a look at the pistols damage on the right. that is my highest damage output weapon right now.

The Nukem kinda destroys everything. Fittingly.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

So I've recently hit 50 on Nisha and have been playing around with my talents. I wasn't happy with the damage so I moved around a few points. It must have worked because I just solo'd the raid boss. Twice.

There's a few talents that kinda suck by themselves but paired with others are actually really good. Like in her far right tree grabbing the skill that increases crit damage shines brightest when you have the kill skill ability that gives you a 30% chance to crit no matter where you hit. This then almost always sets the target on fire due to the extra crits added. And since I'm using Jakobs for their high damage per shot but low clip, I chose the talents that reloading increases gun damage and firing has a chance to fire twice (empties clip faster as well to keep the gun damage up)

The loadout I try to maintain and has thus far seemed to do well in any situation is dual jakobs pistols, jakobs sniper, laser weapon preferably with electricity, and a fast shooting torgue rocket launcher. The rocket launcher is really only there to help me out of fight for your life faster. For shields I use an amp shield but I'm thinking of switching that out with an adaptive elemental resistance shield(preferably with a health increase on it) since at this stage, the amp damage is a mere pinprick compared to the rest of my damage and I need defense at this point. My grenade mod is an electric transfusion so I could use it for both eating boss shields and restoring my health in tight situations. Class mod could be either increased jakobs weapon damage or increased pistol damage. The former is good since this build focuses exclusively on jakobs weapons for main damage, but the latter is also good because it often comes with talent point increases to the talent that extends Showdown time per kill and pistols will be used more than sniper for boss fights.

I'm the kind of person who can't play other peoples builds well. I have to make my own so I often end up spending a lot of hours experimenting and respeccing, etc.

This is what I have now: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=336993136

Retired Forum Moderator

Well Athena has that damage absorption and reflection thing if I remember correctly. Not sure since I just made an Athena char. I just know that solo boss fights are the easiest on her. I'm hoping they release an actually tough raid boss in the upcoming DLC.

The new character comes out in like 3 days also. Get to play as a clone or body double of Jack or something. Gonna be pretty fun.

Retired Forum Moderator

Well without slag there's no need to buff up the enemies to make it needed so as a result they're a lot easier to kill. Some of the weapons seem more powerful as well. Like pistols are a much more viable weapon now and Hyperion got an increase to how fast it's accuracy steadies out so overall there's more options. That and the new laser weapons are good for anyone no matter what you build so there's those too.

To me Presequel is a lot easier than the second.

Retired Forum Moderator

I just tried out Jack, and his action skill is really good. I think I'll try going down the tree that buffs his copies.

Also I have more legendaries than I know what to do with on Nisha. They made them really easy to get in this one it seems.

Retired Forum Moderator