Minecraft 'Private' Server

Sign in to follow this  

BTGbullseye's Server [v1.10]¹

In order to connect, you merely have to input this address in where you would normally put an IP address for the server: btgbullseye.iamnotwhoiam.net

Description:

• This is a slightly modified vanilla server... The only things altered from vanilla is allowing flight for all, and making stuff grow 10x faster.
  • There is a massive Skybridge with connections to many areas. Follow the signs to go places.
  • Both the Nether an End have protected portals and access via the Skybridge.
  • The End has a safe walkway between the arrival and exit portal locations. (makes for easy mining of Endstone, or Enderman material farming, just don't disrupt the water, or damage the walkway please)
  • There is a 'prototype' fortress protecting the Nether side of the Nether portal, and thereby you, from being ganked by a Ghast as soon as you arrive. (please don't damage it, I am still building it)
  • There is a Skybridge Hub, which has a pyramid on top of it, and has a basic crafting station, public chests, and a bed. (please don't damage it)
  • I can connect your home to the Skybridge if you want, just make sure you are within 200 blocks horizontal distance from the bridge.
  • There is an NPC Village near the Starting Zone. (accessible via the Skybridge or the two gates in the fence, watch for Creepers)
  • There is a Starting Zone which should be safe from all enemies, and contains all crafting devices. (including a max-level enchanting station)
  • There is a floating pyramid above the starting area that provides all 6 possible beacon benefits at once. (50 block radius for the effects)

Rules:

• Don't damage other player's buildings, constructs, or property. (vandalism isn't a joke IRL, nor in this server)
  • Don't mine near another player's home. (there's tons of area near the Starting zone available, there's no reason to steal someone else's ore)
  • Don't steal items from other player's homes. (the public chests in the Starting Zone, and the Skybridge Hub are completely open, but try not to take too much)
  • Don't abuse the PvP.
  • Try to fly as little as possible, to retain the SMP feel for at least the first 10 minutes of the game.

X-ray mod (including the Fly mod version) is recommended, as is Optifine. (I also recommend using the R3D.Craft Smooth Realism texture packs with the Optifine mod, as it improves the visuals without taking you away from the Minecraft default feel)²

I am frequently on this server, so if you have any questions or needs (like food or hard to find building materials) by all means talk to me. I even have some nice building locations picked out around the map, if you're interested.³

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Knapford [v1.8.x]¹

In order to connect, you merely have to input this address in where you would normally put an IP address for the server: btgbullseye.iamnotwhoiam.net:24464

It is a full (and very extensive) township built and operated by Kydure. (I just host the server)

Rules are these:

• Obviously don't destroy anyone's work.

• Feel free to mine anywhere you want. So far nothing has been touched, even near the town.

• Build where ever you want.

• Some rather OP gear act as decoration in some buildings. Please don't attempt to take them.

• Don't take anyone's materials without asking first.

• The game's difficulty automatically gets set to peaceful on server reset due to me derping up the save file. If you need monsters on for materials ask either BTG or me (K4) over steam to set it to normal if it hasn't already.

• You don't need to have an account here on AF to join. I've seen quite a few guest browsing this thread and if you have Minecraft feel free to join.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

¹· This is a non-official server, so your custom skins won't ever work on here. (there is no work around, I've checked)

²· Here are links to the addons I recommended:

³· YMMV.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Might pop in from time to time. I haven't played Minecraft in a while though.

When I do log in, if you ever see me laying down a long line of stone blocks to surround a large area, that's probably part of my long term project of building small villages. I've even made a setup once that allows for a large iron block gate that opens and closes with a lever during the day and automatically closes during night and stays shut until morning. It probably won't need that second function if the server is gonna be mostly daytime though.

Glad to hear it's also gonna be vanilla. I've tried some of the more popular servers and just didn't like how it was basically everything under the sun modded into the game. One server even wanted me to give them hours in which I would be logging in every day so I can fill a job. -.-

Retired Forum Moderator

I used to be a vanilla minecraft purist but that was ruined for me with one server in particular. Regardless, I probably play too much factions and need a break from that anyway. Might pop in tonight, who knows.

the name's riley

It probably won't need that second function if the server is gonna be mostly daytime though.

I would suggest building for night time, as I will be removing the day-only setting as soon as I make a "starting haven". Basically a nice small area lit by either glowstone or sea lanterns, with a fence, a chest full of stone equipment, and an ender chest. (I like to build them on every server I make)

Glad to hear it's also gonna be vanilla. I've tried some of the more popular servers and just didn't like how it was basically everything under the sun modded into the game. One server even wanted me to give them hours in which I would be logging in every day so I can fill a job. -.-

Fuck that! This is a game, not a damn job! I wouldn't even consider that server if they weren't paying me!

I used to be a vanilla minecraft purist but that was ruined for me with one server in particular. Regardless, I probably play too much factions and need a break from that anyway. Might pop in tonight, who knows.

Well, it is version 1.8.x, so it's a bit different from the last version I played... (1.6.x) Also, I don't ban for the x-ray mod. (only minimal flying though please)

I'm assuming this is survival and not creative. I've been recently revamping my old Minecraft town of Knapford so I would be willing to play. I may just be asking too much but would you be willing to host the map? It's only a few buildings currently with plenty of space for others. My goal for the town has always been to have other players on it and building their own creations.

Yes, it's SMP.

Is the map 1.8.x compatible? (I know my last world wasn't, as the server refused to run for more than 10 seconds when I tried it) If it is, I can probly set up a second server for it. (the servers have never taken more than 10% of their 2GB max limit, and take almost no CPU cycles to run)

Checked it out earlier this evening. Should be pretty interesting if we can get a bunch of people working towards something. Minecraft's changed a bit since I last played it (rabbits!?).

Initial chunk loading is pretty slow, but once that's done it's fine and doesn't seem to lag.

If we could get some sort of Accursed Farms voice server such as the Murmur one for Mumble, that'd probably aid in the teamwork.

I'm assuming this is survival and not creative. I've been recently revamping my old Minecraft town of Knapford so I would be willing to play. I may just be asking too much but would you be willing to host the map? It's only a few buildings currently with plenty of space for others. My goal for the town has always been to have other players on it and building their own creations.

You have quite the mighty tree on that map!

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Edited the OP to indicate the new other server Knapford, and removed the temporary IP address connection as the DDNS is working. (dynamic IPs are a pain to host servers on if you don't have a DDNS)

Also, clarification on the original server settings... I currently have it staying daylight all the time. This prevents enemies from spawning when the weather is clear. The server itself is set to easy difficulty. Flying and X-Ray mods are allowed, but I would prefer it if you refrained from using the flying whenever possible. (escaping from an enemy, etc.)

Knapford settings are set by Kydure. Flying allowed. Peaceful difficulty. Do not damage her town. If you have questions about the rules on that server, ask her. (I'm just hosting it for her)

FYI: Knapford has been bumped up to Normal difficulty. Don't forget that The Tree is a free motel with beds and chest, just follow the river from the docks.

I'll give this a go later!

My only issue would be lag. X3 Which is usually my fault, being aaaall the way in Australia. Playing on US servers is bitch sometimes.

I'm confused by the DDNS stuff though.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Just put btgbullseye.iamnotwhoiam.net where you would normally put the IP and then add :24464 at the end of it if you want to join Knapford.

I would recommend adding both to your server list.

So helpful today Kydure! You're on a roll. X3

Thank you very much.

I've been craving to play on an SMP server that is sorta private. I want to ask, if we find ourselves on at the same time at some point, is Skype calling (Or Google Hangouts) a thing we can do? Cause that would be epic.

After watching the Minecraft Mianite series, I'm so freaking hooked to MC at the moment so I'll probably be on a lot if the lag isn't too bad.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

I'm currently carving out a mountain house in Knapford. This project is probably gonna take a few days to finish so if you see it unfinished I'll be coming back to it.

As for chat, Skype would be the easiest, but getting into that call without my friend sending his call within the first second would be tricky.

Retired Forum Moderator

Skype would be the easiest but I would not only want to keep my skype private I'm also often in a call with my husband and I would rather not put it on hold. Mumble is nice because not only does it have text-to speach it has bandwidth settings as well.

Ok, I have completed construction of a nearby end portal. (I didn't like having to travel over 1000 blocks just to use it) That's enough for me to call it a night.

Unfortunately the server is too laggy for me to play. X3

Opened a chest... three minute ago. Still hasn't opened. So I'm going to have to pass on this one. Sorry!

-------