Sid Meier's Civilization VI

Sign in to follow this  

I'm pumped! Can't wait for this one. X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

it looks stupid- too cartoonish. They probably are going to try to push it out on tabs & maybe even mobiles as well, but probably do it so badly its going to fail.

Shame really, as features look promising.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

it looks stupid- too cartoonish. They probably are going to try to push it out on tabs & maybe even mobiles as well, but probably do it so badly its going to fail.

Shame really, as features look promising.

this sentiment is getting to me

just because the visuals are more colourful and vibrant doesn't make them cartoonish

i'd definitely say it looks more realistic than civ 5 even

and civ 6 has no place in the tablet/mobile market, that's where their smaller releases like civ revolution go

"it looks like a cartoony freemium game!"

it looks like a big step up from civ 5 and a HUGE step up from civ BE

the name's riley

How much info there is on this? I have only seen that one trailer with narration which shows absolutely 0 in respect of the actual game. Is it going to be a slightly upgraded CIV5? Beyond earth was such a disappointment - just a mod for civ5 tbh.

are you for real? ok, you can argue maybe mountain textures, but overall it looks more realistic than V? Its cartoon. Btw- graphics are usually one of things i am least critical about, but it definetly gets me here

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Man, just get a mod to replace the textures! You'll be right. X3 The texture won't kill you.

But oh Geez, it is a definite improvement to BE. From what I can remember... They're making the game even more strategic now. So all your buildings such as libraries and granaries or whatever need to actually be placed on a tile. Some tiles give you more benefits than others, depending on what building you're putting on what tile.

The research system is also getting a change - in that you can actively do things to make your city research faster.

There's a lot of new stuff with Civ personalities, you'll be able to partner units on the same tile more than before so it's easier to get around shit, and apparently they're making some sort of mode or something you can do that makes the game a whole lot faster to play and win.

That's from memory though.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

How much info there is on this? I have only seen that one trailer with narration which shows absolutely 0 in respect of the actual game. Is it going to be a slightly upgraded CIV5? Beyond earth was such a disappointment - just a mod for civ5 tbh.

all the info is on the civilization website

http://franchise.civilization.com/en/games/civilization-vi/

there are some pretty huge changes, including pseudo-unit stacking and districts that make cities occupy more than 1 tile

i'm assuming certain world wonders are actually tile improvements now, but i'm not entirely sure

also judging by the world generation civ 6 seems to be running a slightly different engine

the name's riley

Just seems like iteration instead of innovation... I still have yet to see the level of capability we had for Civ 2 and Civ 4. (apart from the graphics being prettier)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Guys, for those worried about this basically being just an iteration, check out these pre-release gameplay videos:

2qzC5cUQcFk

ZUr5nf3ALCg

It looks like the biggest new thing is the civics and governments system, which sounds really cool.

That and the new Districts system, as well as city control in general. Also, the civilization motivations.

Above all, it seems like they are focusing on making individual playthroughs a lot more unique, which is definitely a good thing, since honestly, Civ 5 got kinda same-y after a while for me.

I mean, to be fair, this seems like a lot of small changes, but the nature of these small changes when taken together seem like they will make a big difference. Seeing these videos, I'm a fair bit more excited now.

Also, I gotta love all the people crapping on it on the graphics alone. Because yeah, that's why I play Civ. For dem cutting edge grafix!

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I'm kinda meh about Civ VI. I've only played IV and to be honest it felt very simplified compared to the other turn-based games I've play such as XCOM and HoMM.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

I'm kinda meh about Civ VI. I've only played IV and to be honest it felt very simplified compared to the other turn-based games I've play such as XCOM and HoMM.

IV is weakest imho. V, however, is strongest (IF you have BNW dlc, g&k is also reccommended)

IV is weakest imho. V, however, is strongest (IF you have BNW dlc, g&k is also reccommended)

Obviously never played 2 with some of the mega content mods... Had one that introduced over 1000 (one thousand) general purpose buildings for cities, 200 different UNIQUE-PER-CIV units to ALL civilizations, and around 500 techs... Really couldn't beat 2 for overall expandability.

Obviously never played 2 with some of the mega content mods... Had one that introduced over 1000 (one thousand) general purpose buildings for cities, 200 different UNIQUE-PER-CIV units to ALL civilizations, and around 500 techs... Really couldn't beat 2 for overall expandability.

but there is such a thing as "quality over quantity"

not that you'd understand

the name's riley

The problem with early civs (problem i quite frankly see possible for civ VI as well) is unit stacking. I loved civ 3 with one huge mod that added ton of stuff, but all of game was pretty much ruined by stacking units. Also, i really hope you dont have to get transports again in civ VI.

I mean, while the two theoretically could add strategic gameplay, especially transports, playing for domination (as i prefer to do in civ) in late stage became nightmare- you could have infinite number of units on same stack, making battles taking hours, as well as moving units, losing all strategy & tactics from combat.

As for transports- just huge inconvinience

The problem with early civs (problem i quite frankly see possible for civ VI as well) is unit stacking. I loved civ 3 with one huge mod that added ton of stuff, but all of game was pretty much ruined by stacking units. Also, i really hope you dont have to get transports again in civ VI.

I mean, while the two theoretically could add strategic gameplay, especially transports, playing for domination (as i prefer to do in civ) in late stage became nightmare- you could have infinite number of units on same stack, making battles taking hours, as well as moving units, losing all strategy & tactics from combat.

As for transports- just huge inconvinience

That shouldn't be a problem here.

They removed unit stacks in Civ 5. Now it's just one unit per tile.

Although it's very slightly returning in Civ 6, where you can combine certain units on a single tile. But still, it's not really gunna be a stack at all, just like maybe two units that give each other bonuses of some kind.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

The problem with early civs (problem i quite frankly see possible for civ VI as well) is unit stacking.

There are mods out there that limit stacking... Take your pick of no stacking, 2 units per tile, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, or unlimited... Modern Civ doesn't even have code allowing the possibility of stacking, should you want it. (I personally always played with 6 per-tile, as it made the most sense, and never resulted in battles longer than 20 seconds)

BTW, most of these mods are available by default in FreeCiv. (free open source version of Civ 2 for modern systems) Do give it a try, as there is absolutely no risk involved.

but there is such a thing as "quality over quantity"

And there is such a thing as 'not enough quantity to justify the perceived quality'. It took the designer of those mods over a decade to make them the highest quality, and best balanced they could be. (and he succeeded)

Personal insults for no other reason than to make yourself look bad.

wrong! civ v does have mods for stacking

Yes, but the game doesn't include the code required for it to work properly, so there are limits to the stacking.

Personal insults for no other reason than to make yourself look bad.

Making myself look bad?

Are you trying to tell me you got a 16k post count by posting meaningful content?

It's not a personal insult, I gave you your personal insult in the serious topics section.

the name's riley