Share your videogame/mod ideas

Sign in to follow this  

Hello, i've been thinking for a while now about some game ideas that i just can't get out of my head, and maybe some of you have ideas about games you'd like to see made too. So this post is for any people who would like to share their ideas in here, or just read other peoples ideas and steal them. The format for posting is as follows, but feel free to post in whatever way you want:

-The overall idea (something that can be defined in a single sentence)

-Why you want to see this made.

-Any features you'd like to share.

I'll start with mine:

A Bioshock singleplayer arena game (with multiplayer co-op and team deathmatch).

The combat of Bioshock had such amazing potential, but it was complemented by flaws that made it a rather lacking experience, and because of it, that potential was wasted. I'd like to see a game that focuses on the combat and adresses the issues the original games had.

The main problems with the combat in my opinion were:

-The bullet sponge regular splicers.

-The incredibly fragile protagonist in comparison with regular splicers.

-The medpacks and Eve hypos, which made any effort to not take damage pointless since you could just mash the medpack key while shooting until the fight was over.

-The incredibly slow protagonist.

-The ammo scarcity.

-The camera.

By adjusting the health, speed, and damage of the player, giving them more ammo and replacing the medpack and Eve hypo system (with something like health pickups on the floor or health stations that took time to heal you) you would have something interesting, add things like splicers with greater variety of weapons that use Plasmids while shooting, extra attack patterns to all enemies, enemy variations infused with the Plasmid element trinity (Fire, Ice and Electricity), new weapons, weapon upgrades, Plasmids ands Gene Tonics; and you get a great game, and not just wasted potential.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Overall idea: An open 3D world survival game, but instead of being a normal human being, you're an animal. :D

I want to see this made cause so many games come close to doing that, but either don't have as many features as I'd like them to, or they're shit. :P Or they don't make sense. And I feel like it'd be a fun and neat game.

Don't care what art style it is, how it looks, I just want the openness! I feel like it'd be insanely fun to go around flying as a bird, trying to build a nest and look for food and that. Or maybe as a bear trying to find the perfect den. <3 But obvious features, hunger, thirst - needs similar to something of The Sims perhaps, the ability to fight, have a partner, explore the world, migrate, etc. But also be able to customize the animal you choose to roam around as. :D

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I used to have a lot of ideas for such things but I currently can't find the folder where I saved all my documentations of my creative sessions.

But I did have a concept of a multiplayer deathmatch game where you were constantly in dual wielding mode. You could separately switch between which hand would have which weapon and the game's depth would come in the synergy you can create out of unconventional dual-wielding choices. Like a Rocket Launcher in the right hand and a Gravity Gun in the left or a Revolver in the left hand with a Hand Grenade in the right.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

I always had too much ideas for games to be able to make any, so just a few from top of my head:

Imagine DayZ, but with triffids instead of zombies.

The game world would have a lifecycle, when server starts off it would be like in the book, blind npcs around, few triffids, players with healthy eyes and a lot of things to loot. The thing is there would be a finite amount of drops in the game world and time would be measured by how much loot is left. The more players search for supplies the faster game goes to the end. Which means less npc, less and worse loot and much more triffids around as time goes on.

Once the loot gets depleted, there would be a set time (few days, week?) before the game ends, evaluates effort of players and starts anew. Players would be able to join into progressing game, join into groups and would be able to end it early by achieving some victory conditions (like developing a biological means of disposing of triffid menace) wich would give them rewards for the next game and they would get into some top survivor list or something.

Like in DayZ, players are able to attack each other and if there would be some skills and leveling, would have an exp loss upon death and they drop their gear but they can respawn again. I would put triffids there because for one it makes more sense for them to grew in numbers as time goes (unlike zombies, those would peak somewhere in the middle and then they would die off eventualy) and killing triffid is very different from killing human, so you would have to carry something to deal with both players and triffids.

STALKER, but in chemically contaminated zone.

STALKER is definitely my favourite shooter. This one time I saw some short series on Newgrounds which I can't remember, but I got an idea of making pretty much the same game but in an area full of deposits with hallucinogenic gas. No one would bother to clean it up for some reason so it would be just abandoned and guarded like zone. I would like to see game which is able to subtly manipulate you, because often when there are hallucinations in games they are very obvious.

Second person perspective, sort of.

You know how game looks from first and third person perspective. The second player perspective is looking at yourself through eyes of someone else who is physicaly there. How would it work is that you would have a combination of 2nd and 1st person perspective but the first person perspective would be very limited. Imagine this:

You get kidnaped, they operate you and connect your vision to a killer cyborg, then they put you into an undeground complex and let you lose with the cyborg hunting you so you can try to escape.

You would basicaly see what the enemy searching for you see, you would also have a short range first person vision which shows outlines of objects around you (So you would see what cyborg sees with lines on top of it which shows on what you are actually looking at - it's supposed to be your sense of touch). You also hear as normal.

Then it's just about making a clever AI for your hunter and giving you enough stuff to do. You sight is crappy but you know where exactly your enemy is, well if you can recognize the enviroment.

I can imagine having two views on top of each other could get nauseating but as a game it could work.

1. An Evil Genius-esque dungeon builder where you can choose numerous magic characters and build an entire lair around them. Cult leader gets a underground ruined temple, necromancer gets a crypt, sorcerer gets a ruined castle and as you build the interior of your dungeon you'll soon be able to build a fortress and town around your lair that can hold back rivals, warbands and crusaders trying to take over your domain

You send out minions to find treasure, special-type people to unlock new classes, spread your influence etc etc.

2. Mod for Elder Scrolls. As you build your influence in the world you're rewarded a fiefdom of a castle and a small village, you need to build up your new home by completing tasks and spending money, dealing with diplomats to unlock trade routes, dealing with bandits and hostiles, set up industry through trade, mining and/or farming, have the option to build a cult and as you do guild questlines it unlocks new things. For instance the Thieves Guild will set up a safehouse with a smuggling operation, completing the merc faction lets you set up a new mercenary faction in your hold or gets you more guards, stuff like that.

End goal is to use your skills and talents to build a bustling city out of a small village with your castle becoming a large centerpiece that can be changed for numerous things. Say you want a huge library, so you dedicate a wing to it, want a pleasure den? Pick a tower. Want a mage lab? Pick a wing or tower for it. The choice is yours to pick what room is what.

Bioshock's gameplay was way too run-and-gun, so adjusting health to be over-time would require you to adjust the actual combat too, specifically to make it more strategic and force you to actually think about your enemies. Big Daddies are still laughably easy. IIRC, the only real way to avoid attacks (not including big daddies/ gun splicers, since guns were straight up you get hit if you're in range/sight) was to run away and have the enemies slip up. That, or go all-out and kill everyone in one quick attack. Hell, a lot of the abilities were pretty much demobilization (e.g. the bees, shock, ice, etc.) so the gameplay really focuses on run-and-gunning through the game, rather than being strategic about it. I would attribute the experience similar to my Doom 3 experience.

Overall idea: An open 3D world survival game, but instead of being a normal human being, you're an animal. :D

I want to see this made cause so many games come close to doing that, but either don't have as many features as I'd like them to, or they're shit. :P Or they don't make sense. And I feel like it'd be a fun and neat game.

Don't care what art style it is, how it looks, I just want the openness! I feel like it'd be insanely fun to go around flying as a bird, trying to build a nest and look for food and that. Or maybe as a bear trying to find the perfect den. <3 But obvious features, hunger, thirst - needs similar to something of The Sims perhaps, the ability to fight, have a partner, explore the world, migrate, etc. But also be able to customize the animal you choose to roam around as. :D

I'd also throw in an 'XP' system to slowly mutate your animal... (get points from eating/drinking/etc.) Have your eagle mutate to have paralytic venom in its talons, or the bear to have an extra sonic amplitude to its roar that stuns other animals, or a deer to grow functional wings+flight tail... Armor/health boosts. (thousands of mutations per animal, all somewhat plausible; no 6-armed monkeys with laser eyes and plate armor, but 'adaptive camouflage' on your long-legged crocogator would be fine) After a certain amount of mutations, (probly after a few dozen mutations that are internal/minor) you start to notice everything around your animal mutating slightly as well. Even throw in a few man made environments that you can visit. (though they are not the ideal locations for your animal, mainly because there's almost nothing useful/edible there, but a lot safer for your non-predatory animals)

Endgame, you're essentially a heavily mutated animal, in a heavily mutated world, you've mutated enough to be as smart as a human, and have figured out that the mutations are being caused by some *insert industrial/government experiment/accident analogue here* that also killed all humans. (hence the animal-only environment)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

When Slender first appeared, I quickly thought you could make an Alien mod for it: the scene where Ripley has to escape the Nostromo by activating the self-destruct, find Jones and get to the shuttle.

And then they made Alien Isolation.

--

I also thought up a mod for The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction based on the battle sequence from Avengers Assemble. Essentially pick an avenger and blast as much Chitauri ass as you can within a set time, before Stark sends the Nuke into space. Just a small mini-game, would be cool to have online play, so every Avenger can be used.

-

The main one: The Robot Wars game it deserves.

This is essentially Rocket League meets Kerbal Space Program. You construct a robot from a vast library of parts and have it do battle in an arena.

-A career mode lets you play through progressively harder seasons, making you choose between keeping your robot the same, or improving it to keep up with the evolving robot trends.

-Instant Battle is pretty self-explanatory. Any 2 or more robots, any arena.

-Classic Wars mode lets you play as the robots from the original 6 seasons, including various iterations of the robots themselves and the Arena.

-Variety mode contains different battle types: Battle Royale, Eliminator, Ant-weight, weapon frenzy, etc.

And then there's the Advanced Roboteer mode, which may have to be sold separately due to sheer complexity and size. This is a CAD software complete with testing parameters. You build the robot from the ground up, with extreme flexibility in component placement (precise placement of batteries, cables, circuits etc), and can run basic testing. You then import it into the main game and can use it in any mode except classic. It is about as user-friendly as your average CAD/Modelling software, and is not recommended for casual players or those who have no experience in CAD.

This would not be a cheap game to produce.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Imagine DayZ, but with triffids instead of zombies.

The game world would have a lifecycle, when server starts off it would be like in the book, blind npcs around, few triffids, players with healthy eyes and a lot of things to loot. The thing is there would be a finite amount of drops in the game world and time would be measured by how much loot is left. The more players search for supplies the faster game goes to the end. Which means less npc, less and worse loot and much more triffids around as time goes on.

Once the loot gets depleted, there would be a set time (few days, week?) before the game ends, evaluates effort of players and starts anew. Players would be able to join into progressing game, join into groups and would be able to end it early by achieving some victory conditions (like developing a biological means of disposing of triffid menace) wich would give them rewards for the next game and they would get into some top survivor list or something.

Like in DayZ, players are able to attack each other and if there would be some skills and leveling, would have an exp loss upon death and they drop their gear but they can respawn again. I would put triffids there because for one it makes more sense for them to grew in numbers as time goes (unlike zombies, those would peak somewhere in the middle and then they would die off eventually) and killing triffid is very different from killing human, so you would have to carry something to deal with both players and triffids.

I really like this idea, not so much for the online DayZ-style engine or gameplay but for the thematic novelty of a plant orientated horror game. I'd like to see something similar but within the context of a tough-as-nails survival horror game in the vein of The Evil Within. There's so much of this that could tie in with some of weirder aspects of plant biology.

I'd hope they would go with something perversely paradigm shifting, like an outbreak of highly mobile pseudo-anthropomorphic flowers whose pheromones compel the majority of humans to pollinate them by some hideously bodily and transmutative means. The flower monsters themselves needn't look like bog-standard green b-movie beasts either. I can think of loads of contemporary painters who draw on the floral still-life to make organically abstract and monstrously beautiful images - Fiona Rae, Katharina Grosse, Karla Black, Beatriz Milhazes, Dan Perfect, Bernard Frize - often lurid and utterly alien images that are an unlikely (but oh so refreshing) source of potential aberration.

There could be a heavy emphasis on the idea of sentient nature or genius loci (both as a collective of living organisms and an indefinable "force") turning on our species for exploiting our benevolent environment for too long. The soundtrack could emphasize a certain eeriness but also have a retroactive "hauntological" sound, perhaps by bringing artists signed to the marvellous Northern Electronics label on board, for the quality of parred-down but resonant music in the techno/ambient spectrum. I'd propose the title Sylvan Reprisal, and I'll also add that some kind of Fallout 4 game replacer mod (such as "Dust" or "Obscurum Pandemic" for Fallout: New Vegas) could be one potential means of making this game.

plants-orcwort.jpg

^ That, or someone could just make Orcwort: The Game, and I'd be just as (if not more) happy... :3

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I want a mix between diablo and skyrim, a gothic open world fantasy RPG, but with an actual class system and more of an emphasis on the horror aspects of both. A better executed, first-person version of Inquisitor, or a video game version of Innistrad would suffice.

100 percent average every time, all the time.

I want kind of an L.A. Noire-styled detective game set in 1977 USA (because I just love these big, stupid muscle cars and old movies).

And I would want it so that you could make decisions that affect gameplay, so you can do everything like classic police procedure asks of you, or play dirty and maybe get a few clues more easlily, but then risk getting into trouble with your boss. Eventually this means you could get fired and would have to solve the case as a vigilante.

Gameplay-wise it would generally be like L.A. Noire, but with driving sections more inspired by the Driver games and shooting sections like GTA IV or Stranglehold.

I like the idea of a Dungeons & Dragons franchise Skyrim-esque open world RPG, set within one or more of the planes of existence. I particularly fancy the idea of Acheron, or The Infernal Battlefield, a lawful neutral/lawful evil aligned universe of giant multiple-sided masses (colloquially called cubes, despite rarely being perfect examples thereof) of metal and battlefield detritus that range in size from gargantuan continents to tiny islets, and each "side" of these cubes has it's own subjective gravitational pull. These innumerable artificial landscapes crash into one and ring with the sound of combat for eternity. It is also home of many notable gods, namely the god of war, massacre and tyranny Hextor and the goddess of death, vanity and magic Wee Jas - not to mention the racial gods of the orcs and goblins, Gruumsh and Maglubiyet, respectively.

For me the most interesting aspect of this plane is the many monstrous inhabitants who could potentially be player races, in lieu of the usual humans, elves, dwarves, halflings, etc - who may yet appear in the game as murderous bands of adventurers or the occasional planeshifter. As a player you could just as easily be an orc, goblin, hobgoblin, bugbear, spiker, duergar, maugs, zenythri, etc. There's also no shortage of potential enemies and allies in these plane of existence, what with the different strongholds and deific realms to join or conquer, as well as a teeming populace of horrible abominations to battle such as rust dragons, baatezu devils, various giant invertebrates like siege beetles and bone spears, mad constructs such as the divinely exiled anaxims, tiger-like rakshasas, harshly moral justicators, time manipulating chrontyryns, giant eagles with steel feathers, etc.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I read a lot of SCP Wiki articles, and if you're a fan of the site you'll know that the foundation often deals with tonnes of mysterious and often highly dangerous (if not outright lethal) artefacts. Forgoing that particular franchises for a moment, it got me thinking about a kind of "extraordinary item inspector" themed puzzle game, perhaps with comic tone rather the more usual sober life and death feel of the aforementioned Foundation. Each round involves various artefacts with varied powers and qualities, some of them obviously not-of-this-world and some of seemingly innocuous and banal, but otherwise requiring inspection by you.

Aside from your wits and generally suspicious nature, you have various scientific, mystic and downright normal tools at your disposal to prod, probe and pontificate the many artefacts you are tasked with analysing. Alongside the various play modes there could be a kind of randomized shuffle mode, in which you could select the number of rounds or go up against the computer indefinitely, ala Survival, with a gigantic selection of randomly generated items.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Might as well carelessly throw all my eggs in one basket, someone is bound to like at least one of my madcap ideas... :3

• Lumpenproletariat: A kind of Katamari Damacy inspired game with much grimmer and painterly aesthetic, in which you play a grotesque self-propelling tumour that gathers up various detritus, kitsch junk and unlikeable people. There's a definitive element of humour in amongst the Butzer-esque gross absurdity of the setting.
  • Feygangr - After Innocence: An open world RPG set after the decline of the human race. Years ago (decades, centuries, who knows?) a mysterious contagion engulfed the world, warping the plant life into ethereal forms, mutating the taxonomic niches of earthly fauna, and killing everyone except the most bitter and insular individuals. The bodies of those children who died transformed into achingly beautiful mummies, from which spring innumerable, tiny, child-like fairy species, whilst those older men and women who weren't susceptible to the plague lived on as raging utterly warped wights in a world they no longer belong in. You play as one of the wee folk, in a world where the most naive and infantile communities live cheek-by-jowl with the most untenable evils.
  • Mayamiko Campany, Monster's Friend or Foe: A cutesy anime-stylized monster hunting game, in which the swashbuckling titular character and her companions (human or otherwise) in a technologically and culturally anachronistic kingdom of Brunfeggerzia. Resembling a kind of 2D side-scrolling open-world platformer, Mayamiko is a bounty hunter who has vowed to defeat evil monsters whilst simultaneously sanctifying and/or protecting monsters that are or want to be good.
  • Queek Headtaker: One of my favourite characters from the Warhammer franchise. Queek is a legendary Skaven warrior renowned for being a fearsome and uncontestable warrior (traits almost unknown amongst the cowardly, scheming, teeming Ratmen), his bloody rack of trophies garnered from the skulls of worthy opponents, as well as being irretrievably insane - he often argues and implores to his aforementioned skull collection. Some kind God Of War action adventure with little pretense other than destroying everything in sight, dwarves, goblins, humans, beasts, even traitorous and unworthy fellow skaven.
  • Mask of Gug: Broadly inspired by Donald Tyson's short story The Skinless Face, as well as the freakish race called Gugs from Lovecrafts The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath. Mask of Gug takes place in the 90's, in East Timor, where a small international team of archaeological surveyors, specialist historians and even a secretive clique of alienists are exploring a series of unusual ruins. They rapidly begin uncovering strange anthropomorphic figurines and ritual artefacts, as the story truly begins when they unveil a large statue donning an anomalous mask - that always resembles the person looking at it. I had in mind a slow burner of an atmospheric first-person point n' click game in the vein of Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder.
  • See Your World: The name is a technique actors often employ in order to empathize with a character they are playing, but the inspiration comes from painter Fiona Rae's passing interest in acting. This is a growth-based puzzle game with lushly abstract imagery drawn from the work and motifs of various contemporary British artists like Dan Perfect, Barry Reigate, Sara Barker, Karla Black, Martin Boyce and the aforementioned Fiona Rae. Each artists "tropes" start off as small and disconnected levels which the players cultivates, until the begin to meet at the darkened borders of each artist's body of work, eventually co-mingling and hybridizing disparate styles into a colourful and diverse ecosystem of shapes, movement and sound.
  • Concrete Veins: A survival horror game heavily influenced by brutalist architectural psychology and the idea of tulpas, or "thought-forms". I haven't got a distinct narrative in mind, but you are essentially alone in a labyrinthine and largely unadorned interior of ambiguous purpose, with only enraged petrified ab-humans with stony unblinking eyes for company.
  • Pursuivant Arcana: A virtual card game heavily inspired by Magic The Gathering, but instead of environmentally based mana colour sets you have card types inspired by different schools of magic (abjuration, binding, chronomancy, conjuration, necromancy, true naming, plus many more) in which the key is to counter different spell and minion types with polarised schools of similar or greater value. I could see it being a relatively simple set of standard rules which could be easily scaled in complexity, with "instant" cards and scenario/arena factors, and a hell of a lot more besides.
  • Oedipus Butterfly: This one came to me whilst watching (and being thoroughly creeped n' freaked out by) the Youtube series Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared. OB is a first-person Silent Hill-esque survival horror game with abjectly surreal environments and imagery inspired by children's television, offset with deeply jarring presence of eerie materials and items (dead fish set against coloured paper, and lamb hearts pitifully covered in glitter are recurring motifs) as well as startlingly brutal "sweat and hair streaked up-closeness" whilst combating the harrowing and unpredictable enemies, often barehanded - think of the fighting mechanics in Condemned: Criminal Origins, but without the dull machoism. You roam through claustrophobic and grotesquely twee sets inhabited by pseudo-anthropomorphic entities that roar in seeming frustration and grief, their puppet-like textures and googly eyes indefinably enmeshed into their unnatural flesh, frequently having their cartoonish visages torn open to reveal a distressing likeness of the same woman's terrified face. The interiors, the monsters, the symbolism all ambiguously yet invariably point to some traumatic domestic event you suffered as a child, implying a hatred of other men and keeping you guessing at the nature, age and even gender of your unseen protagonist from the beginning of the game and right through the very end, which will almost certainly have a truly shocking and not in the least bit contrived twist.
  • Trash Fairies: Bizarre strategy game with underground comic inspired visuals, in which you send out troops of ugly lumpen goblinoids to collect rubbish from modern day streets to build scrappy flyblown forts and wage siege warfare against other trash fairies.
  • Psychic Terror Youth: Squad-based turn-based 2D fighting game that owes as much to early ultraviolent/hypersexual manga films as it does to dystopian English subculture. Your highly customizable and stat-detailed character founds and manages an extended syndicate of teenage gangers whom you can edit in equally great detail, recruiting new members, giving it various traits, agendas and philosophies -even the kind of apparel or music your group is into, if you like- and generally carving out your own niche in an anarchic future metropolis. One of the predominant features on this game are the countless modes of attack, defense and passive abilities of your gangers. These range from diverse psionic abilities (as suggested in the title) both from chaotic mutation to neurological augments, cybernetic implants veering between subtle and highly advanced "Nerve-Tek" right through to clumsily savage improvised tools, numerous deadly weapons of dubious origin and even physical mutations of varying degrees of severity.
  • SCP-999-J - Creepy Speedo Guy: You really should check out the link first. I'd love a larger Goat Simulator-style game where you play as this guy, running around various world cities causing untold mayhem and awkwardness. There would be loads of missions and even some half-arsed back story, but actually you could tackle those in your own time as most of the gameplay actively encourages the player to fanny about, being inappropriate with minors and randomly teleporting into people's houses at night. Just avoid Foundation agents and the Alchestbreach cameo, who will "punch you in the dick with a sledgehammer" whenever the opportunity presents itself.

That's quite enough "creative self-therapy" for one night!

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I don't want this thread to fade into obscurity and die, so I'll posit a question. Which of all the imaginary games and mods proposed so far would you like to play the most?

I've already commented on Enguzrad's "DayZ with triffids" concept as being something I'm sure I'd enjoy, at least in regards to the idea of monstrous plant-themed survival horror. However I sort of glossed over Jeb's rather marvellous "openworld animal simulator/RPG" concept, due to my impatience at putting forward my own ideas I suppose. I think that would be a great game to play! It would be less about fulfilling quests and fetching items than it would be about your own curiosity and wanderlust, with some pressure being added by the need to feed, defend yourself and your fellows, and continue your line by siring children - and unlike most RPG's it needn't be marred by a somewhat half-hearted plot. There's a good chance that you'll end up dying a lot, but rather than strictly losing you simply get the opportunity to begin life as another young individual of your species, perhaps from your own herd/pack/litter/flocks/hives/etc offspring, or even a different species entirely.

My own musings remind me of the secondary "Creature Stage" of Spore, only this game would be much more diverse and progressively nonlinear improvement upon that game. BTG's suggestion of an experience or point system would certainly give some meat to some otherwise rather nebulous gameplay. In fact I reckon this would make a excellent tie-in for the work of the writer and "future zoologist" Dougal Dixon, in particular his book After Man. It's an illustrated guide to the fauna of earth 50 millions years from the present. Humans are no longer present on the planet, the manner of absence which he purposefully left ambiguous so he could focus purely on how the current niches of animal species, particularly that of mammals and birds, might develop over the course of the aforementioned timespan. Stumbling upon clues and the rare survived artefact from the past could be another one of those completionist elements for trophy hunting gamers.

Thefutureiswild-dixonoriginalbook_zpsoex7pg7j.jpg

I can't begin to express how much I love this book, and you're interested you can read the whole thing here, it's full of the books illustrations too.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

That Trash Fairies concept for a game sounds absolutely hilarious.

I had an awesome idea for a game in the tip of my fingers but i just forgot it since im short on time. Oh well. I'll try to remember it later.

That Trash Fairies concept for a game sounds absolutely hilarious.

I had an awesome idea for a game in the tip of my fingers but i just forgot it since im short on time. Oh well. I'll try to remember it later.

I find it helps to keep a word file or even a notebook for all my random scraps of ideas and themes, which you can elaborate on later if the mood takes you.

I'm glad you liked my Trash Fairies idea. I was inspired by the weird rough n' ready style of the comic artist and illustrator Leon Sadler. All of his characters look like badly drawn and childishly coloured cartoons, but are somehow painterly and strangely deliberate in execution.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Seeing as discussions regarding alternative histories have been rather prevalent on the forum recently, I had one idea for a hugely unlikely and particular game setting after reading about the Doges of Venice. I'm thinking that prior to the founding of Venice by Roman Italian refugees fleeing from Attila the Hun's forces (5th century, I think) some sort of irradiated rock hit the planet and caused long-term natural disasters and hideous mutation of both the local flora and fauna as well as the local populace. Despite all of this Venice still arose and flourished, and centuries later during the late medieval period the city is a weird mixture of distorted Greco-Romano religion, later-than-reality arrival of monotheistic missionaries and bizarre cults worshipping rumoured demonic entities with strange machines and monstrous anatomies - a bit of vague alien invasion sci-fi trope thrown in for good measure. I guess the genre would be post-apocalyptic historical fiction?

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

That sounds awfully reminiscent of Rise of Legends... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_Nations:_Rise_of_Legends

It was a coincidence, I swear! I was thinking of a non-magical setting, something would open-world RPG and not RTS orientated.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa