ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: BALDIES

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Here's the much-delayed next Game Dungeon episode! Like Realms of The Haunting, this is another game I just sort of took a guess on it being a good candidate for the show, and it certainly was. It's probably a better choice for Game Dungeon than any other RTS I can think of offhand. I really was impressed with how the gameplay managed to convey the savagery of war, despite its misleading appearance. While I have many other videos I'd like to get to, I'm going to go dark for a little while so I can make time to work on the movie, I don't anticipate resuming work on regular ones until at least 1-2 weeks. If I'm lucky, I'll have another video late this month. If not, then they'll be more coming for March.

COMMENTS

Best stinger ever.

The cute presentation, attention to detail, and violence remind me a little of Trouble for Trumpets.

I'd like to strongly suggest you try Eversion out if you haven't already. It's not a huge time investment; I got all three endings in 2 hours. I think you'll see why I think it's appropriate for you. There's a free version and an enhanced version on steam if you want to support the developer.

Okay, a real-time strategy, you say?

Maybe I should try it out myself. Only problem is finding it, though. And figuring out whether it's compatible

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

Okay, a real-time strategy, you say?

Maybe I should try it out myself. Only problem is finding it, though. And figuring out whether it's compatible

The link to it is in the description. I had the best luck using DXWnd to run it with a frame time limit of 50ms.

The link to it is in the description. I had the best luck using DXWnd to run it with a frame time limit of 50ms.

Oh, thanks. I'll try that

Also great episode, I enjoyed it. The moment with that sun level, especially, and the stinger too

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

Ross probably delayed the episode because he was stuck on the desert level.

He wanted to give up at every misstep, but his indomitable inner baldness prevailed.

(that's my head canon)

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

This was so worth the wait Ross. I had never even heard about this game before your video, and THIS is what I love about Game Dungeon. You're almost every episode showing me something really good and new to me.

Did the series lose traction? I don't think these videos are getting as many views as they used to.

I swear the older videos had way more views too, maybe I'm just seeing things.

It has to do with the irregular GD posts. Ross is trying to put as much effort into The Movie as physically possible. This means he can't give The Movie as much attention without compromising on GD and vice versa. For the sake of The Movie he's chosen to compromise on GD. This means fewer GD videos less often which in turn means less viewers as there are now less new GD videos to watch.

It has also been long enough since the last new GD that the average new person could conceivably believe Ross stopped doing GD or just got sick of his irregular video schedule. However Ross's more dedicated fans are probably still there though.

Wow, I feel like I just gave a lecture on the economy of focused effort and video viewing. I'm not blaming Ross just to be clear. He's welcome to do whatever he wants. I just wanted to point out the current state of things since you seemed confused.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

I'm going to get the subtitles for this out as fast as I possibly can (hope to have it out sometime tomorrow) so I can input as much work as I can into helping Ross with The Movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U8SkE6uIF8

Did the series lose traction? I don't think these videos are getting as many views as they used to.

I swear the older videos had way more views too, maybe I'm just seeing things.

It has to do with the irregular GD posts.

Actually it's just Google changing the YouTube's view calculation algorithm. It's been observed several times how the reported amount of views sometimes decreases (!), sometimes is lower than the sum of upvotes and downvotes (!), and other similar shenanigans.

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

Yay, bald pride! Although I've been letting my hair grow out recently, but I still feel like a baldie inside.

I'm considering getting the PS1 version of this, it certainly loks really nice and I like RTS games.

You heard it here, folks, next episode probably in april. :P

Teasing aside this was a fun one. Thanks for the fun as always, Ross!

I screen capped all the maps and put them in a gimp save file. Here it is for those who want to try it out like a puzzle.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/reeo1jz3155oty3/baldiescut.xcf

Could you upload it somewhere else? Mediafire now opens malware related ads automatically, it also opens nasty malware in new tabs when you download things. I would upload it on Google Drive instead.

Here you go. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwrlYWmz3IW_dVRpU3JIaDlNTnc?usp=sharing

Well my hair is depressingly thinning out so now its time to form a paramilitary organization and put all non balding people in camps!

Back by popular demand!